Campion Education

Campion Education (page 4 of 8)

See the Best Book Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Campion Education

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (199)

Cindy H.
Cindy H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Outdated and archaic systems for ordering and delivery.

Cannot believe that in 2021 there is still a need to line up and physically collect the books at the store if not ordered in bulk by a specific due date. This year due to COVID restrictions it took almost 4 hours to wait in line, wait for the order to be picked and then wait again to collect it as the queue was so long we were informed there was such a delay that we could opt to come back later and collect. Such a waste of hours each year. Why can't this company make the switch to either online click and collect or ship orders out upon receipt like other companies using a cost effective courier service? The days of bulk ordering and delivery are long gone and it is highly inconvenient to endure this process each year.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Helpful Service

Your service is helpful for busy people instead of having to line up at Campion to complete the order. Your communication about the progress of the order was very slow in the early stages of the process. We didn’t know the status of the order until 48 hours before it arrived. Suggestion-once order is placed keep in contact more regularly.

Joice T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Double handling shipping fees in one order for 2 children and inconvenient purchasing setting

1. Website action could be improved. One of my daughter is doing VCE (elective subject). I need to hop out the page and get in to another section to place order for the 2 subjects. I was charged 2 x handling and shipping fees because of this action. System should be able to pick this up. It was a messy process. I need to pay and call for refund for the double charged Fees.
2. I ordered for 2 daughters in one order. None other online seller is charging 2 shipping and handling fees for one order. I am hoping for this to be improved because I purchase from you guys every year!

Aussie Amber
Aussie AmberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive product, expensive and slow shipping. Wish I had of gone to Officeworks

Vir
VirAU

Website and service is good but shipping is expensive

It’s easy to use the website. I ordered on Monday and I received the books on Friday in Sydney. Also, there were suggestions to buy extra books like notes for English which was helpful.
But I had to pay shipping twice because the order was for 2 students which makes it $24 just for shipping!

Michelle
MichellePerth, WA

Haven’t received delivery yet so hard to do a review

Unsure haven’t received as yet. Please advise when the order will be sent. Thanks we are looking forward to receiving it.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Michelle, sorry for the delay in responding to you. I will send you a private message to gather a few details so we can follow up this for you. Thank you.

Martine Hibbert
Martine HibbertGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unhappy with the amount of postage paid for books to be delivered

So my order wasn’t that big, maybe 4-5 books and I had to pay the $21 plus for delivery. When I could buy a an A4 padded bag posted for $7.95. So unhappy with campion.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Martine Hibbert, I can certainly understand that it is frustrating to pay packing and delivery on your order. We are looking into how we can make improvements for the future. Thank you for providing your feedback. Thank you.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doubling up on fees

I haven't received my delivery of books, despite ordering the books over 10 days ago.
The triple charging for delivery fees for three children in the family who all go to the same school and all have the books delivered to the same address is unconscionable.
The bundled packs of stationary are a complete rip off given there are plenty left overs from the year before.
If there was another option available to order the books, I would choose it in a heartbeat.

JFalTab
JFalTabAU

Bad service and overcharge

Bad service especially customer care service. They don’t care and overcharge in postage.
Items never received even though paid in full.
Will avoid using them

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi JFalTab, I am very sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with us. I will send you a private message to gather a few more details and hopefully we can resolve your issues. Thank you.

Stace
StaceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good but expensive

They offer a good service but some are expensive compared to others and postage is extortion. I was ordering for both my kids school books and had to pay $20 for one and an additional $12 for the other child. I cancelled the second and sourced elsewhere as a result. This needs to be reviewed. Offering it free right before Christmas is difficult. I am sure many need to wait till the new year like myself.

Campion E.Campion Education

Campion order difficult from an ipad

After several attempts to submit my son’s book order and add my daughter’s order to be delivered together, I was unable to and had to ring Campion. Here I was told to use a computer to order my son’s books, and to ring and add my daughter’s small order, or I would be charged delivery twice. However the order arrived in good time and was complete.

KCH
KCHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Web portal via phone buggy

For ease and convenience during Covid this site is a god send to any parent or guardian. Unfortunately I had to process my order twice as for some reason when confirming my original order multiple items selected on the purchasing page dropped off. Normally I wouldn’t be too fussed but the postage is ridiculously high and I ended up having to pay $40 in postage. Seems like I’m not the only one who experienced a glitch on the the mobile web portal either.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi KCH, we are sorry that you experienced a problem with our online order system. I will send you private message as we'd like to understand more about your online experience. Thank you.

Katz
KatzPerth, WA

Had to cancel but site glitched

I made a mistake on my child’s order, went to cancel within 2 min but It locked up. I emailed them and they sorted it out so that was good. But the prices on most things was significantly higher than other suppliers.

Max
MaxCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No choice for delivery options

Service is very specific about what things are delivered and removes options based on purchase. Also check out was crap experience. Can’t see options till you actually checkout. Crap design and service offering

Linda B.
Linda B.South Australia

Would not recommend

There are a few grammatical and spelling errors in the materials and lots of crossover between materials.

The questions in my course often don't relate to the questions. And the tone is a little condescending.

Robyn W
Robyn WGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rude customer service

I have been happily buying from Campion for years. Today I purchased $600 worth of school books. The lady at the checkout was helpful and efficient. However, as I was leaving, I asked the lady at the front left counter if I could pick up the order later. She responded by being so incredibly rude. She was extremely put out, angrily questioned me about why I wanted to do that and lectured me on the usual process in a very disrespectful manner. A person like her should not be in a customer service role because she doesn’t know how to provide good service and just be nice to the customer.

afabiola
afabiolaPerth, WA

Easy to order

I have used Campion for years now & have never had a problem. The website is very easy to navigate & packages arrive quite quickly. They do not combine shipping costs though which is disappointing. This can put your orders way over budget especially if you're ordering for more than 1 child. Make sure you order before the delivery deadline to avoid paying extra for shipping. You could probably find stationary cheaper if you go & shop for them yourself but, if you're like me and don't want to deal with the crowds then it's a great way to go. I don't mind paying a bit extra for the convenience of having it all delivered.

Erwin
ErwinMelbourne

No combined shipping

they do not combined shipping even if ordering for two kids studying at the same school. A few dollars saved on shipping is helpful to us parents.

Booklist was frustrating

Very frustrating that booklists this year did not include book titles making it difficult to know if books could be handed down from older siblings.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi GDD, we are sorry to hear that you found the booklists frustrating to use this year. I will send you a private message so we can get some more details and look into this for you. Thank you.

peter suter
peter suterWestern District, VIC

this my optimistic review of your services

As we have not been given the choice by the College, to shop around and with no discount offered i find this mandatory arrangement between college and your organisation unsatisfactory and rather expensive.

michelle
michelleThe Mallee, VIC

service is average

orders by phone speaking to an actual person takes for ever!! any quiry and its blamed on the covid virus, Hey books dont have the virus :(
wrong books were incorrectly sent and the girl i spoke to was border line rude, this was sent incorrectly by you not me!!

John Mokdsi
John Mokdsi

A necessary service

Happy as you can be being a school provider only disappointment was my delivery all I had was 2 novels and 1 rubber and texta , all packed in a huge box and charged over $20 for delivery and I was willing to pick up from the store but no allowance online for this even with social distancing . A bit disappointing !

CaityB
CaityBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Campion are the ONLY bookseller who will not give out ISBNs to customers

When I rang Campion for ISBNs of books on a school book list, so I could make sure I had the correct book required by the school, and search for secondhand copies as my budget did not allow $$$ for new books, they were most unhelpful, stating they don't have any records of ISBNs. However, for them to order from wholesale booksellers, they must have the ISBNs, otherwise how can they be sure they have the correct book the school wants on their list? Every other retail bookseller I have requested an ISBN from has been most helpful and forthcoming - they even list them on their websites. Campion has a monopoly on school book lists, and I will never order new from them again, always sourcing from other sellers.

Disappointed
Disappointed Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very slow delivery. This company accepts payments for items that are out of stock??? Then you may wait months to receive the items.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Disappointed, we are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us. I will send you a private message so we can understand more about your order and look to help resolve your issue. Thank you.

kitekat
kitekatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

sneaky delivery, packing & handling charges on "free" delivery

Although Campion states free delivery for timely placed orders, they have slapped a delivery, packing & handling charge that is about the equivalent of postal fees.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi kitekat, thank you for your feedback. We'd like to understand more about your experience so that we can provide you with an accurate response, so we will send you a private message to gather some more information about your order. Thank you.