Campion Education

Campion Education (page 3 of 10)

See the Best Book Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Campion Education

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (289)

Vanessa T.
Vanessa T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Postage

2. There should be an option for click and collect. Expecting parents to pay $15.95 for postage is ridiculous when books are already expensive. I had to pay this cost x 2 orders.
2. Officeworks offers much more competitive prices on stationary.

Erika
ErikaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Delivery fee is a joke

I found delivery fee is a joke! Ordered for my 2 kids at the same time to be delivered to the same address. I was charged $15 delivery fee for each order. Maybe you should consider combined postage fee or even click and collect as one of your shops is just walking distance from my house.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Hi Erika, thank you for your review and feedback on our delivery fee. If you would like to avoid the delivery fee in the future, you are more than welcome to come into one of our retail service centres to purchase your orders. Thank you.

No pick up option!

I placed online orders for my two secondary school students:

1. There was no option to pick up from the warehouse so I had no choice but to pay an additional $9.00 for postage for each order

2. My year 10 child is also studying a year 11 subject. This extra book had to be placed as a separate order incurring additional postage!! Very unfair and expensive just to order one additional book for the same child!!

Please look at improving ordering options for children studying across year levels.
Please provide a pick up option - delivery is so expensive!

Convenient but expensive

Campion provides convenience of being a one stop shop to get all the school supplies but their prices are not competitive and postage is exorbitant. For school/educational purpose, especially a captive audience, surely a better price can be offered. Delivery also takes at least 2 weeks to arrive. Prefer not to shop from them if there are other options.

Perth Mum
Perth MumPerth, WA

Can’t combine postage for multiple children

The process of ordering using the school code is easy, but orders for 2022 had to be submitted the day after school finished for 2021 to avoid a “late fee”. It’s not possible to combine orders for 3 children so 3 late fees if I ordered even 1 item from each list. I ended up only ordering my eldest child’s text books. I was able to easily get everything else from other providers, and they have already delivered, but the Campion order has not yet arrived.

Allan
AllanWestern Australia

gouging

To give you two weeks after school ending to order and pay or pay a late delivery fee (after placing and paying for the order still within the same year) is gouging and especially when to go anywhere else is made difficult.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

They are fast and accurate but their shipping is expensive

I think there should be an option to combine kids orders.. paying THREE Lots of shipping for my kids orders is not only ridiculously expensive, it’s a waste

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

not great for families with more than one child

ordering is quite difficult for more than 1 year level/ child and al lso no option to combine post cost

Brendon
BrendonPerth, WA

User friendly but not the cheapest

Campion is convenient and easy to use with its connection to my children's high school booklists. I like the flexibility of selecting and deselecting items on the list as I often find cheaper options elsewhere.
I have two children in different schools and would have liked to pay for delivery just ONCE to our home address, instead of twice to the same address. Can you make this an option?

alebonau
alebonauGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

unfortunately do not allow covid safe, non contact delivery.

for some strange reason, while using australia post campion books in their shipping do not allow anything bar needing a signature in delivery. no option of covid safe non contact delivery

sonnyp
sonnypGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible experience for my VCE student

Dianne
DiannePerth, WA

Campion Education book availability

They advertise books on their booklist, and on email and on their website, but then say they arent in stiock AFTER you have paid for them and that they can't deliver them until next year at some stage to the school. I would have purchased from somewhere else.... my daughter wanted to get a head start on study and these are study guides. Everything she has ordered this year, is to arrive at a later date. Is that really good enough?

David G.
David G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Better than average

It was supposed to have free delivery yet we’re charged on our second order. We were forced to make a second order as our daughter is in year 11 but doing a year 12 subject.

Campion not good enough!

I have 2 children, hence 2 booklists, and I was charged the admin fee of $15.95 twice. Campion does not waive the admin fee, if I decide to pick-up the books in person. In addition, there is no option of transferring the eBooks of my older to my younger child. Daytime robbery from Campion when all families are doing tough right now. ZERO star from me.

EmmaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Campion Education - another business that doesn't care!

Campion owes me a significant refund due to an ordering issue. I have been waiting a week for reimbursement and called the Victorian 'customer service' number for assistance. The number is a call centre where staff read from a script and are not able to solve refund issue or put me through to a real human in Campion's accounts department. So I have paid twice for the books my daughter received and Campion is not refunding my money with any haste. Just like school uniform suppliers, the lack of competition in school book retailing leads to arrogance and disrespectful customer care. 0/10 from me Campion.

Emma

So why not just have a phone number answered by a human who works in your office and can actually provide customer assistance?

Annoyed

I have two booklists to order which means I have to pay for two separate deliveries of $15.95. Campion do not explain this in the you tube online ordering video and I had to call the company directly clarify why I couldn't pay for one delivery for two booklists from one school. The only way I can do this is to go into a store! My local Campion is closed till March 2022! I wasted an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. What a waste of time only to find out that I am getting ripped off on delivery for no good reason.

Slow deliveries, confusing system

While i do commend the ebook services that this company provides, I have waited around a month for my order to come and this is not only during Covid-19 but a consistent problem I have experienced when ordering through Campion. I understand that this may be out of their control but as a student in year 12 it does cause a delay in my education. I have also had past problems when ordering online, accidentally ordering the same book twice due to confusion in labelling (the textbook was labelled the same as the skills book on their platform, which also appeared twice).

Sue
Sue

Poor customer service

Absolutely shocking customer service! I have been waiting for weeks for our order to be delivered.
Covid-19 is not an excuse since this organisation consistently delivers late and has done for years.
They are disengaged and know that schools just use them since they have done so for ages.

Just not good enough. Get your act together!

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Hi Nadia, I am very sorry to hear that you haven't had a positive experience with us. I will send you a private message so we can obtain some more details from you and investigate this for you.

Lee M.
Lee M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

delayed delivery and no digital copy

Hi, please don't use Australia Post during a pandemic when you're deliverying within the same state (Victoria). Took too long in amongst the pressure of studying yr12. Also, if we had digital copies, we would have accessed much quicker.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

I only needed an email code and it took forever to come. Poor customer service

Ordered a textbook which didn't send until almost 2 weeks after my purchase. When purchasing a code contacted support where they told me to check my junk email, didn't even look to see if the email was sent. Campions fault not mine or my emails. Poor customer service

Still haven’t received

Did not say it was on back order when I ordered it. Took 5 days to tell me it would actually be a further 3 weeks for it to arrive. If I’d known I would have looked elsewhere. Disappointing!

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Sent incorrect book to daughter

My Year 12 daughter ordered a Health and Human development book to help with her VCE studies. She was sent a year 7 Indonesian book. She ended up travelling by train to the Vermont office to get the correct one (at own expense) as Campion told her she would have to send the book back and only once they received it and it was in good condition, would they send the correct one. Also she was told this mistake happens all the time. As her Mum who paid for the book, I was appalled at the lack of service. My daughter opted to travel to Campion to swap the book as she really needed the right one - I think Campion should have sent the correct book at their own expense and supplied a prepaid envelope to return the wrong book.

Working mum
Working mumWestern District, VIC

Supporting local businesses

The ordering system was easy and my order came through in the stated time. It would be better if I could get to my local store on a Saturday morning and even better if i could call the store direct rather than waiting on a general hotline. Other than not being able to my store when I needed it i would recommend this service.

Fred
FredGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Little fixes would make it great

Sam
SamSouthwest, VIC

Code issues

My son is unable to get the digital code to work. Will be in touch about it shortly as it’s needed for his maths work.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Hi Sam, I am very sorry that you are experiencing issues accessing your digital code. I will send you a private message so we can investigate this for you. Thank you.