Campion Education

Campion Education (page 4 of 10)

See the Best Book Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Campion Education

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (289)

Jae
JaeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Campion sent the wrong textbook

Campion sent the wrong textbook and delayed my homework. I am still waiting for the correct textbook 10 days later. It's very disappointing and frustrating to have paid $90 in advance and have no one take responsibility.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Hi Jae, I am very sorry you have received the incorrect item. We would like to get in touch so we can rectify this for you, so I will send you a private message to obtain some more details. Thank you.

They need some competition

I am yet to have an experience with them that I would consider smooth or even somewhat pleasant. I wouldn't even ask for a "good experience" - satisfactory would even be good. Where is the competition to help them lift their game?

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Hi SWOS, we are very sorry to hear that you haven't had a good experience with us. If there is any specific feedback you could provide to help us improve our service we would be grateful. Thank you.

Expensive Delivery/Handling charge

I have kids at two different schools and both schools use Campion for their yearly books orders. Campion's charge of $21.95 for delivery/handling is way to high, it used to be $12. Having have many schools ordering through Campion, they have so much business already, as the majority of parents will just follow the school's instructions and order through Campion, and yet they impose such a high handling charge.

KTSE
KTSEPerth, WA

Every single year

Long queues, staff under pressure, no where to sit while waiting for your order and then no toilets even after you have been waiting close to 2 hours. Why not click and collect? Order at home online and then collect? Also had 2 items on back order but surprisingly they were available on the Monday following the Friday (4pm) I placed the order? Also a digital screen with the order number displayed would be helpful as you can’t always hear the staff member calling the number.

Joanna D.
Joanna D.Perth, WA

Here we go again

Not enough staff, too many queues, ended up arranging expensive postage for a 2km delivery.
Not good service and postage took a week!!

Quick service but no Click & Collect

Books were delivered in a timely manner. Would have preffered Click and Collect but wasn't an option. I live in the area and would have been much easier and quicker to click and collect.

KaiserChowdhury
KaiserChowdhury

Terrible system for online order or store pick up

Christiaan P.
Christiaan P.Perth, WA

Slow and inefficient

We only enrolled at school in January, so could not use the pre-order option. Ordering online does not give you any idea if there is stock available, so in order to try and get the books on time was to stand in queue for a long time, only to find out there is no stock anyway. Could have saved myself all that effort and time if only the online ordering system works properly.

Karina
KarinaMelbourne

Disappointing communication re Online order

I ordered a digital access code for my daughter online. My payment went through with automatic email receipt received. However no access code was sent. After 5 days i rang Campion (after following online FAQ directions) to be told that it was on back order. No apology or explanation. Very disappointed that we were not advised immediately on checkout. Surely not that hard to do.

JaiP
JaiPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Has school resources in one spot

The only plus is it has all school resources in one spot. But the customer service is really slow and resources that are meant to be online should be given access instant upon payment not after 3 weeks (it negates the entire point of being online).

Ordered books 10 days ago still haven’t received

Ordered books 10 days ago still not received no follow up
Need better transport options
You pay for the service you should get it
There has been a delay if it doesn’t arrive we need to follow up - next step it’s been lost - if I had a choice I would purchase somewhere else

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Hi Lisa, I am very sorry to hear you are still waiting for your order. So we can look into this for you, I will send you a private message to obtain a few more details. Thank you.

Lesley D.
Lesley D.Goldfields, WA

Still waiting!

I ordered one text book on 29 January 2021 and today 13/2 received an email asking me to provide a review. I was led to believe there were plenty of stock available at the Malaga WA outlet but am yet to receive the order some 15 days later. I live in a major regional town in WA which usually takes 3 days at the most for anything to arrive by Australia Post. I have received 3 parcels from the Eastern States all ordered after I made this purchase and delivered within 7 days.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Hi Lesley D, I am very sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your order to arrive. I will send you a private message to obtain a few more details so we can provide you an update on your order. Thank you.

Campion service is terrible

I have 2 children at 2 different schools and Campion wont combine their orders so I have had to travel to 2 different stores quite far from each other to collect. In addition they contacted me about each different item separately and I needed to pick them up within 7 days; consequently I made multiple trips to each store. I could have had them delivered but their postage is exorbitant. They also charge an administration fee to even handle your order.... who else does that? I think Campion provide a lazy service due to having had a monopoly for too long.

F.Moore
F.MooreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I wish my school chose another supplier for school books

Most of the staff inside the stores are trying to do their best however it's management that clearly need to update their systems and procedures on how they can better serve and process orders.
Long lengthy queues means that customers either stand in a hot warehouse or outside in torrential rain. Then if you try to avoid this by ordering online, you are faced with a website that has no product images?

Terrible service

Ive always had to wait forever in line and waiting for books at campion. Books on back order took 2 months to come. I couldny get all books at once. There was one time and could only buy one book that was available. They need a really good system they dont at all. They need to open longer hours to accommodate full time working parents.

Kerri
KerriVictoria

School text book damaged

Purchased text book for my daughter. Purchase and delivery quick but unfortunately when the book was received it was damaged and wasn’t in new condition. Package was not damaged so this was damaged before it was posted. Not happy considering the price of the book.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Service this year even worse than usual.

CarlaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service, very expensive

The service was very good - I ordered online and the books were delivered within the week. The main downside is that the textbooks are exceptionally expensive, and I don't like that there are limited ways to find them elsewhere.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Thanks Carla, I'm glad you were happy with the delivery service and it saved you time. We are always looking for ways that we can improve our service into the future and your feedback will be taken onboard. Thanks again.

terrible

ridiculously overpriced for the products you actually receive, and the fact you are forced to buy from them for essential items for high schools is also a joke

kelly.clifton
kelly.cliftonPerth, WA

Would rate ZERO if I could.

Took my money 2mths in advance. No book delivered but gave entire shipment to ppl YET TO PAY. EVIL organisation.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Hi kelly.clifton, I am very sorry to hear your delivery is yet to arrive. I will send you a private message to obtain a few more details and we can investigate this for you. Thank you.

Krystal
KrystalNortheast, VIC

Expensive, lacking payment options

I was quite overwhelmed with just how expensive listings were. Specially text books.
And lack of different payment options. 5 text books cost me $400. Most businesses now offer afterpay, it greatly helps those who are on single or low incomes but still want their children to have the best education possible.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Digital formats is great but hardcopies are wasted

Presently must have purchased a hardcopy book (new or secondhand) prior to getting a digital copy. Wish we can just buy a digital copy directly and forego having hardcopies at all. Our kids are used to using digital only and the hardcopies remain untouched.

Julie N.
Julie N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor teenagers working there!

I had click and collect organised, turned out to be a very hot day.... I waited 40 minutes, some in the sun...Only two teenagers working the deliveries- they seemed good but I felt sorry for them, no supervisor, pretty tough... thankfully no one was aggro at them but it was far from ideal.

Mrs N
Mrs NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't use click and collect!

I have ordered with campion a few times and been satisfied, but the click and collect option is horrible. You have to queue up, show the email, then they write down the order number in a bit of paper and give it to the people in the back. Then you sit and wait and wait and wait for someone to bring it out. Apparently they "have a lot" and "it's difficult to find them". Surely they can organise this better, especially during covid. The most important items turned out not to be in stock and there was no option to collect it all together. I'm hoping to cancel these items and get them elsewhere, but they said to wait 3-5 days for an email response.

Kylie46
Kylie46Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unsure of delivery

I haven't received any communication about expected delivery of my order. What is the expected timeframe please? Awaiting feedback and communication. Otherwise very pleased with service and product availability.

Campion E.Campion EducationSend a private message

Hi Kylie46, thank you for your question. You should have received an email with tracking details for your order. I will send you a private message to obtain a few more details so we can investigate this for you. Thank you.