Campion Education

Campion Education (page 2 of 6)

See the Best Book Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Campion Education

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (146)

Krystal
KrystalNortheast, VIC

Expensive, lacking payment options

I was quite overwhelmed with just how expensive listings were. Specially text books.
And lack of different payment options. 5 text books cost me $400. Most businesses now offer afterpay, it greatly helps those who are on single or low incomes but still want their children to have the best education possible.

Campion E.Campion Education

Digital formats is great but hardcopies are wasted

Presently must have purchased a hardcopy book (new or secondhand) prior to getting a digital copy. Wish we can just buy a digital copy directly and forego having hardcopies at all. Our kids are used to using digital only and the hardcopies remain untouched.

Julie N.
Julie N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor teenagers working there!

I had click and collect organised, turned out to be a very hot day.... I waited 40 minutes, some in the sun...Only two teenagers working the deliveries- they seemed good but I felt sorry for them, no supervisor, pretty tough... thankfully no one was aggro at them but it was far from ideal.

Store LocationNunawading
Kylie46
Kylie46Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unsure of delivery

I haven't received any communication about expected delivery of my order. What is the expected timeframe please? Awaiting feedback and communication. Otherwise very pleased with service and product availability.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Kylie46, thank you for your question. You should have received an email with tracking details for your order. I will send you a private message to obtain a few more details so we can investigate this for you. Thank you.

Bea
BeaSydney, NSW

Expensive

Having 3 boys go through this school I have never paid $830 for year 7 books. Also already having all these books at home x2 and not able to use them because of the codes in books. I wasn’t happy. Maybe you should think about a fee to purchase a code if you already have books at home from previous children.
Happy with the customer service.

Store LocationArtarmon NSW
Kirst
KirstGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extra filters would make selection easier

Surely it would not be too difficult to be able to filter your childs subjects so only those are visible and thus reducing possible subject errors, especially with Unit 1/2 v 3/4. It would make cross checking simpler and quicker. Otherwise, only bought digital books this year and the prices are very expensive for something that you cannot sell the following year.

Store LocationMoorabbin
Tim D.
Tim D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sent wrong product, no-reply email addresses, phone not answering. Disappointing.

There's nothing to complain about till something goes wrong. I ordered a book Unit 1&2 and was sent Unit 3&4. Of course I understand that mistakes happen, so that of itself whilst annoying, can be addressed. We'd just get them to send out the right one and provide instructions on how to return the wrong one we received first, right? Tried to email them, and found every email was a no-reply address. So tried to call their 1300 VIC number 3 times during business hours and it just hung up without being answered. So now we have no way to contact Campion, my son has the wrong book required for his class, and I will have to source it elsewhere.

Store LocationMelbourne
Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Tim D, I am very sorry that you have been sent the wrong item. I will send you a private message so we can gather a few more details and rectify this for you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Steph Wilson
Steph WilsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy, but paying delivery on each child

It was easy to use but couldn’t add all of my children to the one order so I had to pay delivery separately. Not happy about that.

Campion E.Campion Education

Slow to deliver. Still awaiting some items

Out of stock on common books. Originally quoted 5 days but more like a month in reality. Bit disappointing really.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Just an average dad, I am sorry that you haven't enjoyed your experience with us and are still waiting on items. I will send you a private message so we can look into this and provide you an update on your order. Thank you.

Needs improvement

I am not satisfied at all with the system where you purchase a book and dont find out until delivery that it is out of stock for next 3 months ! Also , when making a purchase for multiple students at same school at same time to same address , and then have to pay both postages . Not appropriate online business for 2021 .

Store Locationph call with Manager Michael Davis
Kris
KrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Room for improvement

There was a book missing and no communication about it. I had to wait on hold for over 10 mins to be told it was being sent to school. I'm not sure that has in fact happened.

Store LocationOn line
Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Kris, thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry you haven't enjoyed your experience with us. I will send you a private message so we can follow up on your order and provide an update. Thank you.

flimsy service

I ordered generic book packs from their list & was sent the wrong items... very unhelpful when I called for assistance. Not a great first experience and will shop elsewhere in the future.

Store LocationGeelong
Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Sonia L, I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. I would like to understand a little more about your experience and will send you a private message. Thank you.

Mehdi
Mehdi

nothing special

The prices are not competitive, majority of books can be found in other other online stores with better price. It was the first time I had to buy some books from this online store.

Store LocationVIC
Kathryn Stedman
Kathryn Stedman

Shipping is very expensive

Shipping isn’t combined if you are ordering for multiple students/siblings. I have three kids - therefore pay three entire lots of shipping, which is crazy considering they are all going to the same address, and we are also located in Sydney metro. It’s not a good shipping rate to begin with without multiplying it by three. They must be making money off shipping!!

LesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Campion Books

Service at Highett store prompt and friendly as was pick-up.
Disappointing that every year we order, there are out of stocks even though we may have ordered books/novels a few weeks later. Still waiitng on a novel and it's 1.5 weeks away from school start. Maybe order a few books extra next time.
As for taking surveys, if you want feedback, that is our valuable time, you need to offer something in return.

Store LocationHighett
Les

Sorry, can't wait until next week to get my daughter's novel. Will pick up first novel that has arrived and cancel order for second tomorrow. I am assumiung I will get a refund.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Les, please contact our customer service team on 1300 433 982 and they will be able to assist you with your order. Thank you.

Unfair
UnfairCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I Do not understand why you have you have to pay separate postage charges and can’t make one order.

Would have ordered all items but having to pay to collect or shipping cost for each child was a joke.

Store LocationBallarat
Xzavia H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dissatisfied with postage

Really don’t understand why they can’t combine postage for multiple children. Even when one just needed a paintbrush they still tried to charge a separate postage. Ludicrous.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Xzavia H, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on packing and delivery costs. If you have been charged delivery for a paintbrush please contact our customer service team on 1300 433 982 they will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Xzavia H.

Thanks, No I just canceled the paintbrush and purchased one elsewhere.

Monopoly sets prices as it pleases, overcharges on other items

Store Locationonline

Order review

Great fast delivery. However, disappointing that the items I ordered could have fitted into an Aust Post sachet bag. 2 orders placed for the same delivery address and boxes contained more air packs than actual order. Perhaps compile a delivery address and post in appropriate size packing for families to save postage

Store LocationWarnambool VIC

Not bad

I really like the online ordering but the delivery is slightly slow. And the delivery fee is a bit expensive.

Ann
AnnPerth, WA

Postage was expensive

Being unable to order the 2 textbooks and one digital resource (which will be accessed via school) required before the cut off date as Christmas was my expense priority, the postage required for whar equated to 2 flimsy paperbacks was extreme! I work full time and therefore was unable to collect. Wish i hadn't bothered and ordered them online elsewhere!

Store Locationonline order
Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Ann, we are sorry that you felt the packing and delivery fee was high for your order. We are looking at ways to improve our process in the future and appreciate your feedback, it will be taken into consideration. Thank you.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Helpful Service

Your service is helpful for busy people instead of having to line up at Campion to complete the order. Your communication about the progress of the order was very slow in the early stages of the process. We didn’t know the status of the order until 48 hours before it arrived. Suggestion-once order is placed keep in contact more regularly.

Store LocationMelbourne online
Campion E.Campion Education

Very fast, but I always feels ripped off with postage.

There is a great range of books for school and the prices are reasonable. The books always arrive quickly. The one negative is that there is no option to combine orders for multiple children, which means that the order for each child incurs its own postage fee. So every time I order I feel annoyed that I am basically being charged a fee for having an extra child - and so silly of them not to combine all the ordered books in one parcel, anyway.

Store LocationVictoria
Joice T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Double handling shipping fees in one order for 2 children and inconvenient purchasing setting

1. Website action could be improved. One of my daughter is doing VCE (elective subject). I need to hop out the page and get in to another section to place order for the 2 subjects. I was charged 2 x handling and shipping fees because of this action. System should be able to pick this up. It was a messy process. I need to pay and call for refund for the double charged Fees.
2. I ordered for 2 daughters in one order. None other online seller is charging 2 shipping and handling fees for one order. I am hoping for this to be improved because I purchase from you guys every year!

Store LocationMount Waverley VIC
Vir
VirAU

Website and service is good but shipping is expensive

It’s easy to use the website. I ordered on Monday and I received the books on Friday in Sydney. Also, there were suggestions to buy extra books like notes for English which was helpful.
But I had to pay shipping twice because the order was for 2 students which makes it $24 just for shipping!

Store LocationWebsite