Campion Education

Campion Education (page 3 of 6)

See the Best Book Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Campion Education

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (149)

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Helpful Service

Your service is helpful for busy people instead of having to line up at Campion to complete the order. Your communication about the progress of the order was very slow in the early stages of the process. We didn’t know the status of the order until 48 hours before it arrived. Suggestion-once order is placed keep in contact more regularly.

Joice T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Double handling shipping fees in one order for 2 children and inconvenient purchasing setting

1. Website action could be improved. One of my daughter is doing VCE (elective subject). I need to hop out the page and get in to another section to place order for the 2 subjects. I was charged 2 x handling and shipping fees because of this action. System should be able to pick this up. It was a messy process. I need to pay and call for refund for the double charged Fees.
2. I ordered for 2 daughters in one order. None other online seller is charging 2 shipping and handling fees for one order. I am hoping for this to be improved because I purchase from you guys every year!

Vir
VirAU

Website and service is good but shipping is expensive

It’s easy to use the website. I ordered on Monday and I received the books on Friday in Sydney. Also, there were suggestions to buy extra books like notes for English which was helpful.
But I had to pay shipping twice because the order was for 2 students which makes it $24 just for shipping!

Michelle
MichellePerth, WA

Haven’t received delivery yet so hard to do a review

Unsure haven’t received as yet. Please advise when the order will be sent. Thanks we are looking forward to receiving it.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Michelle, sorry for the delay in responding to you. I will send you a private message to gather a few details so we can follow up this for you. Thank you.

Martine Hibbert
Martine HibbertGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unhappy with the amount of postage paid for books to be delivered

So my order wasn’t that big, maybe 4-5 books and I had to pay the $21 plus for delivery. When I could buy a an A4 padded bag posted for $7.95. So unhappy with campion.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Martine Hibbert, I can certainly understand that it is frustrating to pay packing and delivery on your order. We are looking into how we can make improvements for the future. Thank you for providing your feedback. Thank you.

Stace
StaceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good but expensive

They offer a good service but some are expensive compared to others and postage is extortion. I was ordering for both my kids school books and had to pay $20 for one and an additional $12 for the other child. I cancelled the second and sourced elsewhere as a result. This needs to be reviewed. Offering it free right before Christmas is difficult. I am sure many need to wait till the new year like myself.

Campion E.Campion Education

Campion order difficult from an ipad

After several attempts to submit my son’s book order and add my daughter’s order to be delivered together, I was unable to and had to ring Campion. Here I was told to use a computer to order my son’s books, and to ring and add my daughter’s small order, or I would be charged delivery twice. However the order arrived in good time and was complete.

KCH
KCHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Web portal via phone buggy

For ease and convenience during Covid this site is a god send to any parent or guardian. Unfortunately I had to process my order twice as for some reason when confirming my original order multiple items selected on the purchasing page dropped off. Normally I wouldn’t be too fussed but the postage is ridiculously high and I ended up having to pay $40 in postage. Seems like I’m not the only one who experienced a glitch on the the mobile web portal either.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi KCH, we are sorry that you experienced a problem with our online order system. I will send you private message as we'd like to understand more about your online experience. Thank you.

Katz
KatzPerth, WA

Had to cancel but site glitched

I made a mistake on my child’s order, went to cancel within 2 min but It locked up. I emailed them and they sorted it out so that was good. But the prices on most things was significantly higher than other suppliers.

Max
MaxCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No choice for delivery options

Service is very specific about what things are delivered and removes options based on purchase. Also check out was crap experience. Can’t see options till you actually checkout. Crap design and service offering

MadhuVictoria

Charged for a premium version, delivered a cheaper alternative

Generally everything at Campion Edu is costlier. I have ordered many books including Hardcover spirax 160 page notebook fro which they charge 11.35$. This is 20% costlier than the nearest competitor as such, but what shocked me was that they delivered a cheaper alternative (half the price of the original book, at any store you check) and never even bothered to notify or refund the difference. I would suggest Officeworks or other options as it will save you a lot.

afabiola
afabiolaPerth, WA

Easy to order

I have used Campion for years now & have never had a problem. The website is very easy to navigate & packages arrive quite quickly. They do not combine shipping costs though which is disappointing. This can put your orders way over budget especially if you're ordering for more than 1 child. Make sure you order before the delivery deadline to avoid paying extra for shipping. You could probably find stationary cheaper if you go & shop for them yourself but, if you're like me and don't want to deal with the crowds then it's a great way to go. I don't mind paying a bit extra for the convenience of having it all delivered.

Erwin
ErwinMelbourne

No combined shipping

they do not combined shipping even if ordering for two kids studying at the same school. A few dollars saved on shipping is helpful to us parents.

Booklist was frustrating

Very frustrating that booklists this year did not include book titles making it difficult to know if books could be handed down from older siblings.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi GDD, we are sorry to hear that you found the booklists frustrating to use this year. I will send you a private message so we can get some more details and look into this for you. Thank you.

peter suter
peter suterWestern District, VIC

this my optimistic review of your services

As we have not been given the choice by the College, to shop around and with no discount offered i find this mandatory arrangement between college and your organisation unsatisfactory and rather expensive.

michelle
michelleThe Mallee, VIC

service is average

orders by phone speaking to an actual person takes for ever!! any quiry and its blamed on the covid virus, Hey books dont have the virus :(
wrong books were incorrectly sent and the girl i spoke to was border line rude, this was sent incorrectly by you not me!!

John Mokdsi
John Mokdsi

A necessary service

Happy as you can be being a school provider only disappointment was my delivery all I had was 2 novels and 1 rubber and texta , all packed in a huge box and charged over $20 for delivery and I was willing to pick up from the store but no allowance online for this even with social distancing . A bit disappointing !

Anna W
Anna WMelbourne

Disappointed

I placed an order through my mobile for what I thought was early delivery of English year 12 texts for 2021 in October. What I have since discovered is that this is more complicated on the mobile than on other devises. Disappointed in Campions response as they insisted on charging me more to rectify despite acknowledgement that the mobile system is more complicated to navigate.

Wil
WilMelbourne

Not customer friendly on venue and pricing

Parking at shop was scarce, needed to order and wait standing in a corner for book gathering, pricing is steep due to the monopoly and for books that's not yet arrived, need costly postage or return to store.

Caroline
Caroline Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

School books

Discount was a offered to be done online but wasn’t applied so had to call and do it by phone

Anna
AnnaSouthwest, VIC

Ordered on Friday, didn't get shipped until Wednesday!

It was astounding to receive confirmation that the book took 3 working days to leave the warehouse. I understand that we are living in covid time, but really I thought service would have been better. I hope this pandemic doesn't shift our mindset and lower our expectations.

All Good -

Purchased E20182-Digital VIC Essential Maths 10/10A for student - unable to access product - Cambridge was able to assist in accessing their learning material with a new account. All good. Pleasantly surprised at the level of assistance.

bpjfax
bpjfaxPerth, WA

I dislike monopoly providers

Through much of my son's primary education, I avoided using Campion completely. Their prices are high, their deadlines are absurd, and they are not transparent about the support they provide the community. Other parents and I bought his books online from the publishers directly in bulk and generally had a better experience. I certainly did not buy any of the stationery from Campion. OfficeWorks and similar outfits provide more choice and lower prices. Now that he is in high school, I have less choice. I don't understand how the WA Department of Education can get away with selecting a single provider for this service.

Alain
Alain

Poor experience

From the amateurish service at the counter, including incorrect advice that some books were digital and not physical, to absolute confusion around the seemingly simple task of knowing what's in stock, resulting in a 1/2hr wait to be told they didn't actually have three items I had paid for, to disorganised delivery, with mix ups over what was being mailed out, it's confusing, slow and easily the worst text book experience of my life. The only positive is friendliness and willingness to help, but it seems the ability to efficiently execute is lacking.

Good soul
Good soul

Free shipping\postage..

Sole suppliers of educational supplies to over 100 plus schools!!! W O W.. that's a monopoly this family owned business is got going there.
Strike up a deal with Auspost..get the free postage going on online orders..theres free postage on pretty much any & everything online these days be it from Hong Kong, China or the US too or is it because they need the business and you lot know that we've got to get it from Campion and have no choice whether we like it or not..willing to pay postage or not.
Do your teeny weeny bit in educating the kids of tomorrow's Australia. I'm sure your coffers are heartily replenished & abundantly overflowing by now.
Give it a thot people at the helm.