Campion Education

Campion Education (page 4 of 7)

See the Best Book Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Campion Education

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (151)

Alain
Alain

Poor experience

From the amateurish service at the counter, including incorrect advice that some books were digital and not physical, to absolute confusion around the seemingly simple task of knowing what's in stock, resulting in a 1/2hr wait to be told they didn't actually have three items I had paid for, to disorganised delivery, with mix ups over what was being mailed out, it's confusing, slow and easily the worst text book experience of my life. The only positive is friendliness and willingness to help, but it seems the ability to efficiently execute is lacking.

Good soul
Good soul

Free shipping\postage..

Sole suppliers of educational supplies to over 100 plus schools!!! W O W.. that's a monopoly this family owned business is got going there.
Strike up a deal with Auspost..get the free postage going on online orders..theres free postage on pretty much any & everything online these days be it from Hong Kong, China or the US too or is it because they need the business and you lot know that we've got to get it from Campion and have no choice whether we like it or not..willing to pay postage or not.
Do your teeny weeny bit in educating the kids of tomorrow's Australia. I'm sure your coffers are heartily replenished & abundantly overflowing by now.
Give it a thot people at the helm.

Ms G
Ms GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fast delivery but missing English novel

The time between ordering and delivery was fast but we are still waiting on our daughter's required English novel. Hopefully it is on its way soon! Thank you Campion Education.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Ms G, thank you to writing us a review, we appreciate all feedback. We are happy to hear that your delivery was fast but would like to look into the missing English novel. I will send you a private message to gather further details. Thank you.

Michelle
MichelleSydney, NSW

Book didn't arrive until Week 4 of Term

Khal
KhalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

dumb founded how they operate

This so supposed to be an educational facility, however, they seem to need education on how to serve customers.
We bought a digital package of high school books for my nephew, days on we received no communication what so ever.
School is continuing as usual, yet my nephew is attending classes with out books or even instructions on how he can access the books.
This is really shameful. I don't know why this company/website have been given the priority and permission to sell books to students when.they are doing more harm than good.
This needs to be revisited and of this continues, we will have to go to 2 treasury place or 55 st Andrews and make a formal complaint.

Vicky
VickySydney Surrounds, NSW

Not good, wouldn’t answer their phone. Had to leave a message, took 2 days to reply.

Needed information regarding trying to order online. No one could answer the phones to help me out with my dilemma and questions regarding ordering online. Wasn’t truly happy and was very frustrating.

Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just O.K.

I made 2 orders, i was delivered without any problems. The other required a lot of follow up and chasing, including promises to get back to me that were never kept.

Hagit Tobias
Hagit TobiasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cost to deliver

I was forced to purchase Learie's art supplies from Campion. Having missed the 1st round (it was a later elective) I placed the order last week.
The cost to handle and deliver 5 are items was absolutely outraging.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Hagit Tobias, thank you for posting a review, we appreciate all feedback. We are sorry that your processing and delivery cost was higher than expected. We will take this feedback into consideration when looking to make future improvements.

Good at selling, but no info on how to activate digital products.

Champion is very good at selling their digital products. However, I suggest to include explanation of what happens after: how the digital product is registered, how account is created, what is used as activation code, where the customer is to receive the activation code from, who administers activation. I had to spend hours on the phone with Campion and Oxford just to find out that it is the school who is administering activation. Two digital products which I have purchased 2 months ago still not activated.

Lauren
Lauren

Rethink your packaging

We ordered a couple of items from school booklist for home delivery, having been unable to source them second hand / elsewhere. Two small books and a ruler.
This was sent in a box big enough for a computer monitor replete with 9 x plastic air protectors (noting nothing breakable in order). A tough bag would have sufficed and been much more environmentally friendly (& one would imagine cost effective too).
Please update your processes to be more in line with acceptable community standards.

Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ridiculously Expensive

For parents, especially as a single mum I find education books are ridiculously expensive. In particular the prices of the e-books are outrageous! For 2 children at a public school it cost me in excess of $1,100 :(

Too much expensive packaging

I only ordered a calculator and ebooks - so online codes only. My calculator cost $15 postage and arrived in a large, textbook size box filled with plastic, padding air bags. Not good value or environmentally friendly.

Not happy

I order 2 books only the workbook was received
My daughter needs her text book, she has an assessment due and no text book.
You know as a company kids go back to school so you should have all text books and workbooks available

Campion E.Campion Education

Book was damaged due to poor packaging.

Although the order was delivered fairly promptly. The books were sent in a paper bag and upon opening the soft cover book as damaged and bent. Please make sure hard cardboard is used in future as to prevent $70 books from being damaged.

Christine L.
Christine L.Perth, WA

Rang ahead, drove 40 mins to Willetton store waited more than 90 mins in a queue to be told it was not in stock.

10/10 don’t recommend. Will use Learning pod and office works in future.
Seperate postage costs for items going to the same address isn’t user friendly either. Unrealistic to pay before Christmas too.

Xiaoming Liu
Xiaoming LiuMonash 2904, ACT

some books are still not arrived yet

We have ordered textbooks for year seven student, some of them are out of stock. The update email I got is the Chinese textbook will be available on 10th of April. This book is only to be used in the first semester. Can you please find the solution for us asap.

Fran
FranGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pricing

Ordered A $230 calculator only to find that the exact one was $30 cheaper at office works. Contacted Campion and was told they don’t price match and I cannot cAncel my order even though it wasn’t even shipped yet. From now on I will be Checking all prices before placing an order.

J salvati
J salvatiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

review

Went to Campion to get school books from two different schools and only 1 book was in stock from the whole list , had to back order .
When the order arrived in my husband waited 40 mins outside in the hot sun in a line to collect. Once finally at the desk the lady said she couldn't find one of the books and that he might have to come back another time . My husband showed her that he received the emails that all the books had arrived and in stock and so asked to look again. She eventually found it.

Campion E.Campion Education

Should advise if low or not in stock items before I buy

The list did not identify low stock or no items in stock at time of selection and I went on to order and check out. During the dispatch notice period (a few days later) an email arrived to say a book is 1 month away. This is very disappointing and I would not have purchased it with the book arriving 1 month into the term.

TeAriki Daymond
TeAriki DaymondGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting on one book that was ordered but not in stock

Still waiting on a book ordered online
We have recently been delivered 2 out of three books ordered online
The first two were delivered promptly but are yet the get the last book

Very disappointing

Luckily I was able to obtain the one book needed but the lady waiting near me missed out At this time of the year stock should be plentiful The queue was more that half an hour wait The heat and humidity unbearable with the number of people waiting I shop in December always but needed to come back for one text NEVER AGAIN!
The book ended up having a manufacturer’s defect!

Ray
RaySydney, NSW

Great personal service, but online click and collect would be better

The staff are fantastic and really helpful in-store, the online service for delivery is great, but if you don't have time to wait for delivery, there is no option to order online and go to store to collect. If this option was available it will be great for busy parents as it avoids queuing up in-store.

Ammight
Ammight

Online order...10 days into it still waiting for digital copy.

Ordered online for the first time. Hard copies were in on time, but after 10 days still waiting for digital copy. Don't know how they work with it. Very slow

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Ammight, we apologise for the delay on your digital item and would like to look into this for you, so I will send you a private message to gather further details about your order. Thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback.

Rudolf L.
Rudolf L.

Review your shipping prices.

Bought a heavy book and a notepad.
Shipping cost is not by weight, but by item. So about $6 per item. $12 shipping all together. That was one expensive notepad.
Oh, and they will charge you if u want to pick up.

I really wish there was an alternative to buy schoolbooks from.

crackerjack
crackerjackSydney, NSW

Primitive Customer Service systems

My shipment was partially shipped and I had no prior notification that this would be happening. Their systems are so primitive that I was not told when to expect items on backorder, I was not notified when items were then going to be subsequently shipped and when they were shipped no notification that they were being sent. Definitely not the cheapest in town - so I would recommend shopping around then using them just because they have successfully tied up the schools to order through them.