Campion Education

Campion Education (page 2 of 3)

Listing monitored by Campion Education

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (55)

Too much expensive packaging

I only ordered a calculator and ebooks - so online codes only. My calculator cost $15 postage and arrived in a large, textbook size box filled with plastic, padding air bags. Not good value or environmentally friendly.

Not happy

I order 2 books only the workbook was received
My daughter needs her text book, she has an assessment due and no text book.
You know as a company kids go back to school so you should have all text books and workbooks available

Christine L.
Christine L.Perth, WA

Rang ahead, drove 40 mins to Willetton store waited more than 90 mins in a queue to be told it was not in stock.

10/10 don’t recommend. Will use Learning pod and office works in future.
Seperate postage costs for items going to the same address isn’t user friendly either. Unrealistic to pay before Christmas too.

Store LocationWilleton
Fran
FranGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pricing

Ordered A $230 calculator only to find that the exact one was $30 cheaper at office works. Contacted Campion and was told they don’t price match and I cannot cAncel my order even though it wasn’t even shipped yet. From now on I will be Checking all prices before placing an order.

J salvati
J salvatiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

review

Went to Campion to get school books from two different schools and only 1 book was in stock from the whole list , had to back order .
When the order arrived in my husband waited 40 mins outside in the hot sun in a line to collect. Once finally at the desk the lady said she couldn't find one of the books and that he might have to come back another time . My husband showed her that he received the emails that all the books had arrived and in stock and so asked to look again. She eventually found it.

Store Locationnunawading

Very disappointing

Luckily I was able to obtain the one book needed but the lady waiting near me missed out At this time of the year stock should be plentiful The queue was more that half an hour wait The heat and humidity unbearable with the number of people waiting I shop in December always but needed to come back for one text NEVER AGAIN!
The book ended up having a manufacturer’s defect!

Store LocationNunawading
Ammight
Ammight

Online order...10 days into it still waiting for digital copy.

Ordered online for the first time. Hard copies were in on time, but after 10 days still waiting for digital copy. Don't know how they work with it. Very slow

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Ammight, we apologise for the delay on your digital item and would like to look into this for you, so I will send you a private message to gather further details about your order. Thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback.

crackerjack
crackerjackSydney, NSW

Primitive Customer Service systems

My shipment was partially shipped and I had no prior notification that this would be happening. Their systems are so primitive that I was not told when to expect items on backorder, I was not notified when items were then going to be subsequently shipped and when they were shipped no notification that they were being sent. Definitely not the cheapest in town - so I would recommend shopping around then using them just because they have successfully tied up the schools to order through them.

Poor experience

Your store experience was shocking. Incorrect signage. Staff that did not care and just sent you
to a second and then a third que. Staff did not listen, emphasise or even state that these issues will
be addressed. This will be my last place to look for books. Even this process is of poor standard
as I am having issues leaving this review as your servers are in maintenance.

Store LocationPascoe Vale

Lindsay Holliday
Lindsay HollidaySydney, NSW

Very average maybe because your company has a monopoly

Store LocationArtamon
Kss
Kss

charges

I think it is ridiculous to charge a click and collect fee given that people are spending a big amount of money this shouldn’t be the case. You should have a fee for delivery fine but not for click and collect

Store LocationMoorabbin

LJ
LJSydney

Prices uncompetitive and a money grab on postage

Campion prices are uncompetitive. I have have two children at two schools BUT I have to pay postage and packing twice...a money grab. I buy minimal from Campion and I buy others from other bookshops ie the cupboard at St Ives and five senses in north rocks which are cheaper.

Find out how Campion Education compares to other Book Shops

Not great .could of got cheaper at office works .my online order was lost.

Used click and collect to place my order.
Had Two days to have my order ready .
When I went to collect my order is was lost.
No one knew where to look and find it.

Store LocationDandenong south

Mmmmm!

Ordered a book, received envelope package with nothing but an invoice in it, Where is the book???? Ring up? re-order and hopefully will come with book in it this time???!

Store LocationGeelong
Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Silvia Sarauer, we are sorry that this has been your experience and would like to look into the situation further for you. I will send you a private message to gather further details. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Cindy C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Expensive

Very expensive delivery fees and the ordering system had no other choice but to have the items delivered, could not choose to pick up. Very expensive items and we are forced by schools to use this service. Monopoly!!

Store LocationNunawading

Dispatched order not dispatched

Have called every day this week as when I check order online it says dispatched. But there's no tracking number so it's clearly not dispatched. No-one can find out exactly where it is and school starts on Tuesday. Keep getting told to ring back tomorrow. Have offered to come and collect a new order so son has something to take to school but told I can't do that either. Very frustrating

TJC
TJCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy but ridiculously overpriced

Disappointing

Several books were missed on my list. By the time I noticed I had to back order them. I noticed one book was missing at the time and purchased and returned one item I did not request. One book was the wrong edition which meant I had to reordered and didn’t realise until after I covered it. This process was so painful and has meant I will need to make several trip before I have all the books I need.

Store LocationArtarmon
Loretta B.
Loretta B.

I went in today and collected the rest of my books. The girls were very helpful. Two books came via post today which was odd but I have everything now. The problem was the girl who served me initially. I’m guess a lack of training.

Lemon17
Lemon17Melbourne

Over expensive products

Why you buy at Campion? Well the school corners you to do it. You don’t have another option for books, which I find it annoying. Campion doesn’t offer competitive prices for stationary. You are better of going to Aldi or Kmart. The store i picked from is not well served, not organised, signage not clear.

Store LocationEssendon
Jacqui
JacquiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Annoyed

I am annoyed that I went in person to the Campion store to purchase these items. I was told they are online order only. So I order online to find that I had to pay delivery, and the item arrived at my home. Annoyed that this couldn’t be done in store to save on costs.

Store LocationCampion
Kim
KimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Convenient but expensive

I found the prices of items offered by Campion are higher than elsewhere. They do not allow combined postage, which makes it more expensive again.
The delivery and customer service were fine.

campion books

Barely adequate. I would like to see Campion Books giving far more back to the school communities from which they make their money, such as giving support to social justice initiatives. Campion also needs to make it clear that they have no further links with any political movement. They were once associated with the Santamaria movement and I hope this has well and truly stopped. It is immoral to milk schools to support political ends.

Store Locationmelbourne

DELIVERY IS EXPENSIVE AND UNRELIABLE

I have 4 children and find it incredible that I am charged 4 times for delivery. Given the cost of delivery, it ought to be faster and should give a clearer indication of estimated time of delivery. I received an email yesterday that books would be arriving same day. they are still not here..

amanda
amandaPerth, WA

No contact

I placed my order on the 15/12/2019 and paid in full. Received one generated email of a invoice. I have not received delivery date or anything else. Also price was more expensive then what was stated on my daughter's school list. Would be nice to be kept informed.

Allan T.Perth, WA

Late charge rip off

We have to use this company and if we don’t order and pay within early Dec we are slugged with a late charge. We order in Dec after the date and still get delivery in Dec. gouging!

Booktopia