Campion Education

Campion Education (page 2 of 3)

Listing monitored by Campion Education

Caroline
Caroline Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

School books

Discount was a offered to be done online but wasn’t applied so had to call and do it by phone

Store LocationHalllam Victoria
Anna
AnnaSouthwest, VIC

Ordered on Friday, didn't get shipped until Wednesday!

It was astounding to receive confirmation that the book took 3 working days to leave the warehouse. I understand that we are living in covid time, but really I thought service would have been better. I hope this pandemic doesn't shift our mindset and lower our expectations.

Alain
Alain

Poor experience

From the amateurish service at the counter, including incorrect advice that some books were digital and not physical, to absolute confusion around the seemingly simple task of knowing what's in stock, resulting in a 1/2hr wait to be told they didn't actually have three items I had paid for, to disorganised delivery, with mix ups over what was being mailed out, it's confusing, slow and easily the worst text book experience of my life. The only positive is friendliness and willingness to help, but it seems the ability to efficiently execute is lacking.

Good soul
Good soul

Free shipping\postage..

Sole suppliers of educational supplies to over 100 plus schools!!! W O W.. that's a monopoly this family owned business is got going there.
Strike up a deal with Auspost..get the free postage going on online orders..theres free postage on pretty much any & everything online these days be it from Hong Kong, China or the US too or is it because they need the business and you lot know that we've got to get it from Campion and have no choice whether we like it or not..willing to pay postage or not.
Do your teeny weeny bit in educating the kids of tomorrow's Australia. I'm sure your coffers are heartily replenished & abundantly overflowing by now.
Give it a thot people at the helm.

Store LocationBerwick

After service care

Recieved order while we were away to realize son ordered 11 scissors was told return had to be received by 14/2 for a credit left me with 2 days and a cost of postage $13 to Maybe !! Drive I was also told which would be a 45min drive. Get a refund of $32, not much perhaps to some but a
Lot of struggling parents (single too) out there and every $ counts.
Poor customer relations

Khal
KhalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

dumb founded how they operate

This so supposed to be an educational facility, however, they seem to need education on how to serve customers.
We bought a digital package of high school books for my nephew, days on we received no communication what so ever.
School is continuing as usual, yet my nephew is attending classes with out books or even instructions on how he can access the books.
This is really shameful. I don't know why this company/website have been given the priority and permission to sell books to students when.they are doing more harm than good.
This needs to be revisited and of this continues, we will have to go to 2 treasury place or 55 st Andrews and make a formal complaint.

Vicky
VickySydney Surrounds, NSW

Not good, wouldn’t answer their phone. Had to leave a message, took 2 days to reply.

Needed information regarding trying to order online. No one could answer the phones to help me out with my dilemma and questions regarding ordering online. Wasn’t truly happy and was very frustrating.

Store LocationArtarmon
Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ridiculously Expensive

For parents, especially as a single mum I find education books are ridiculously expensive. In particular the prices of the e-books are outrageous! For 2 children at a public school it cost me in excess of $1,100 :(

Too much expensive packaging

I only ordered a calculator and ebooks - so online codes only. My calculator cost $15 postage and arrived in a large, textbook size box filled with plastic, padding air bags. Not good value or environmentally friendly.

Not happy

I order 2 books only the workbook was received
My daughter needs her text book, she has an assessment due and no text book.
You know as a company kids go back to school so you should have all text books and workbooks available

Christine L.
Christine L.Perth, WA

Rang ahead, drove 40 mins to Willetton store waited more than 90 mins in a queue to be told it was not in stock.

10/10 don’t recommend. Will use Learning pod and office works in future.
Seperate postage costs for items going to the same address isn’t user friendly either. Unrealistic to pay before Christmas too.

Fran
FranGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pricing

Ordered A $230 calculator only to find that the exact one was $30 cheaper at office works. Contacted Campion and was told they don’t price match and I cannot cAncel my order even though it wasn’t even shipped yet. From now on I will be Checking all prices before placing an order.

Store LocationOnline

J salvati
J salvatiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

review

Went to Campion to get school books from two different schools and only 1 book was in stock from the whole list , had to back order .
When the order arrived in my husband waited 40 mins outside in the hot sun in a line to collect. Once finally at the desk the lady said she couldn't find one of the books and that he might have to come back another time . My husband showed her that he received the emails that all the books had arrived and in stock and so asked to look again. She eventually found it.

Very disappointing

Luckily I was able to obtain the one book needed but the lady waiting near me missed out At this time of the year stock should be plentiful The queue was more that half an hour wait The heat and humidity unbearable with the number of people waiting I shop in December always but needed to come back for one text NEVER AGAIN!
The book ended up having a manufacturer’s defect!

Ammight
Ammight

Online order...10 days into it still waiting for digital copy.

Ordered online for the first time. Hard copies were in on time, but after 10 days still waiting for digital copy. Don't know how they work with it. Very slow

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Ammight, we apologise for the delay on your digital item and would like to look into this for you, so I will send you a private message to gather further details about your order. Thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback.

crackerjack
crackerjackSydney, NSW

Primitive Customer Service systems

My shipment was partially shipped and I had no prior notification that this would be happening. Their systems are so primitive that I was not told when to expect items on backorder, I was not notified when items were then going to be subsequently shipped and when they were shipped no notification that they were being sent. Definitely not the cheapest in town - so I would recommend shopping around then using them just because they have successfully tied up the schools to order through them.

AngeloGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use

Need to be more informative on how the online purchases are to be received. Example actually explain that the codes will be delivered to the school, who then registrar the student. Waste of time ringing Campion if you just advised the parent in the email or booklist. Also I truly despise companies being opportunistic in charging and addition fee of manual handing for online orders. Just not on Campion, you're just using your position to schame additional money from the parent. NOT HAPPY!!!

Store Locationonline
Angelo

Thats my point of being opportunistic. These are on line versions (e-commerce codes).
The handling fee is built into your system as default and does not allow for it to be removed when there is no warehouse and packing.

Poor experience

Your store experience was shocking. Incorrect signage. Staff that did not care and just sent you
to a second and then a third que. Staff did not listen, emphasise or even state that these issues will
be addressed. This will be my last place to look for books. Even this process is of poor standard
as I am having issues leaving this review as your servers are in maintenance.

Lindsay Holliday
Lindsay HollidaySydney, NSW

Very average maybe because your company has a monopoly

Disappointing

File ($17:95) broken rings because text books packed inside file. Maths text book ($88.95) cover damaged by broken file rings. Multiple calls to Campion. Cut off after 16 minutes on hold. On hold again for 15 mins. Told 2 days ago I would be refunded cost of file "right now". 2 days later and no refund on credit card. Will have to call again. Very disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Campion Education

Kss
Kss

charges

I think it is ridiculous to charge a click and collect fee given that people are spending a big amount of money this shouldn’t be the case. You should have a fee for delivery fine but not for click and collect

LJ
LJSydney

Prices uncompetitive and a money grab on postage

Campion prices are uncompetitive. I have have two children at two schools BUT I have to pay postage and packing twice...a money grab. I buy minimal from Campion and I buy others from other bookshops ie the cupboard at St Ives and five senses in north rocks which are cheaper.

Campion E.Campion Education

Not great .could of got cheaper at office works .my online order was lost.

Used click and collect to place my order.
Had Two days to have my order ready .
When I went to collect my order is was lost.
No one knew where to look and find it.

Store LocationDandenong south

Mmmmm!

Ordered a book, received envelope package with nothing but an invoice in it, Where is the book???? Ring up? re-order and hopefully will come with book in it this time???!

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Silvia Sarauer, we are sorry that this has been your experience and would like to look into the situation further for you. I will send you a private message to gather further details. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Cindy C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Expensive

Very expensive delivery fees and the ordering system had no other choice but to have the items delivered, could not choose to pick up. Very expensive items and we are forced by schools to use this service. Monopoly!!

Booktopia