Campion Education

Campion Education (page 3 of 5)

Listing monitored by Campion Education

All Good -

Purchased E20182-Digital VIC Essential Maths 10/10A for student - unable to access product - Cambridge was able to assist in accessing their learning material with a new account. All good. Pleasantly surprised at the level of assistance.

bpjfax
bpjfaxPerth, WA

I dislike monopoly providers

Through much of my son's primary education, I avoided using Campion completely. Their prices are high, their deadlines are absurd, and they are not transparent about the support they provide the community. Other parents and I bought his books online from the publishers directly in bulk and generally had a better experience. I certainly did not buy any of the stationery from Campion. OfficeWorks and similar outfits provide more choice and lower prices. Now that he is in high school, I have less choice. I don't understand how the WA Department of Education can get away with selecting a single provider for this service.

Ms G
Ms GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fast delivery but missing English novel

The time between ordering and delivery was fast but we are still waiting on our daughter's required English novel. Hopefully it is on its way soon! Thank you Campion Education.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Ms G, thank you to writing us a review, we appreciate all feedback. We are happy to hear that your delivery was fast but would like to look into the missing English novel. I will send you a private message to gather further details. Thank you.

Michelle
MichelleSydney, NSW

Book didn't arrive until Week 4 of Term

Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just O.K.

I made 2 orders, i was delivered without any problems. The other required a lot of follow up and chasing, including promises to get back to me that were never kept.

Hagit Tobias
Hagit TobiasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cost to deliver

I was forced to purchase Learie's art supplies from Campion. Having missed the 1st round (it was a later elective) I placed the order last week.
The cost to handle and deliver 5 are items was absolutely outraging.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Hagit Tobias, thank you for posting a review, we appreciate all feedback. We are sorry that your processing and delivery cost was higher than expected. We will take this feedback into consideration when looking to make future improvements.

Good at selling, but no info on how to activate digital products.

Champion is very good at selling their digital products. However, I suggest to include explanation of what happens after: how the digital product is registered, how account is created, what is used as activation code, where the customer is to receive the activation code from, who administers activation. I had to spend hours on the phone with Campion and Oxford just to find out that it is the school who is administering activation. Two digital products which I have purchased 2 months ago still not activated.

Lauren
Lauren

Rethink your packaging

We ordered a couple of items from school booklist for home delivery, having been unable to source them second hand / elsewhere. Two small books and a ruler.
This was sent in a box big enough for a computer monitor replete with 9 x plastic air protectors (noting nothing breakable in order). A tough bag would have sufficed and been much more environmentally friendly (& one would imagine cost effective too).
Please update your processes to be more in line with acceptable community standards.

Other Book Shops

Book was damaged due to poor packaging.

Although the order was delivered fairly promptly. The books were sent in a paper bag and upon opening the soft cover book as damaged and bent. Please make sure hard cardboard is used in future as to prevent $70 books from being damaged.

Von HamerPerth, WA

still hasn't arrived

ordered in January. out of stock. was told it would be in in 3 weeks and paid to have delivered.
it still hasn't arrived. tried ringing contact number - NO Answer so emailed query as to where my item is - still waiting on response

Von Hamer

looking forward to some contact

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi Von Hamer, we sent you a private message yesterday right after responding to this public review. Please check your emails for this. Thank you.

Xiaoming Liu
Xiaoming LiuMonash 2904, ACT

some books are still not arrived yet

We have ordered textbooks for year seven student, some of them are out of stock. The update email I got is the Chinese textbook will be available on 10th of April. This book is only to be used in the first semester. Can you please find the solution for us asap.

Other Book Shops

Should advise if low or not in stock items before I buy

The list did not identify low stock or no items in stock at time of selection and I went on to order and check out. During the dispatch notice period (a few days later) an email arrived to say a book is 1 month away. This is very disappointing and I would not have purchased it with the book arriving 1 month into the term.

TeAriki Daymond
TeAriki DaymondGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting on one book that was ordered but not in stock

Still waiting on a book ordered online
We have recently been delivered 2 out of three books ordered online
The first two were delivered promptly but are yet the get the last book

Kristine
KristineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Delivered in good condition

Excellent one shop has everything
Saves time and effort to have in one place. Prices may be higher than other stores but not fussed. Products are good Quality and have durability this is very important

Ray
RaySydney, NSW

Great personal service, but online click and collect would be better

The staff are fantastic and really helpful in-store, the online service for delivery is great, but if you don't have time to wait for delivery, there is no option to order online and go to store to collect. If this option was available it will be great for busy parents as it avoids queuing up in-store.

Rudolf L.
Rudolf L.

Review your shipping prices.

Bought a heavy book and a notepad.
Shipping cost is not by weight, but by item. So about $6 per item. $12 shipping all together. That was one expensive notepad.
Oh, and they will charge you if u want to pick up.

I really wish there was an alternative to buy schoolbooks from.

InnerWestParent
InnerWestParentSydney, NSW

Overpriced. Limited delivery options

Cannot place orders online for pickup. Need to go to physical store and order there! Prices for online resources ridiculous. Online orders did arrive by post promptly however, so no issues there.

Julia G.
Julia G.Victoria

Not great service

Not all items on booklist available and have to wait 3 weeks into the school term for them to be ordered in. Given one book is specially made just for our school you would think they would have enough in stock. 100 students = 100 books required. Then they wanted to charge me an extra $5 for ordering it in! Also have to pay $5.95 per child to order on line. Ridiculous. Should be per family. Online support were not helpful at all.

AnneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Greater ordering flexibility

Thanks for the books -

When it comes down to it, whether Campion is good or bad as a service provider, we really don't have much choice but to buy from your organization - that's what the school tells us to do!

I have found the pressure to order in November unreasonable - it's a really pricey outlay and sometimes it's a challenge to pay this type of money pre Christmas - there should be some flexibility around the ordering system without being penalized financially for a "late order".

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback.

Anne

Thanks - I appreciate your timely response to my comment - it just seemed worth providing you with the feedback because every year, there's alot of parent discussion around this matter.
Regards

wilda36
wilda36Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very crowded

Staff on collection desk were lovely and helpful. The set-up of the store entry made it very difficult to enter and exit. The layout needs to be reviewed for next year

DAAKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Could be better

Customer service is good. However, making it compulsory to order some books online and charging $5.90 to collect from store is something I am unhappy about. The total price should include this cost as everyone who purchased this item would incur this charge. Or else, hold stock instore.

Campion E.Campion Education

Hi DAAK, thank you again for your feedback. I will be sure to forward your experience onto the appropriate internal staff so that the options available on the Campion Education resources you mentioned are less restrictive where possible. Thank you.

Kylie
KyliePerth, WA

Delivery

What I ordered came swiftly however I ordered for 2 different children at the same time and you charged me 2 lots of delivery fees. I only ordered 3 things

Melanie
MelanieIllawarra, NSW

Feedback

Quick delivery however I received an email after to say items are on backorder which was annoying as would have sourced items from some where else. Also have ordered a year 7 history book and have not been told that this is on back order and not yet received. I have heard from a friend that it is. Communication could be a bit better.

Jenni F
Jenni FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed with Click and Collect Service

Living very close to a Campion Books outlet I was thrilled when our school changed to use them. However the original order form did not offer a click and collect alternative so went in store to buy. Got there to find out no books available in store and had to either pay $11 for delivery (when they are just around the corner !) or wait for click and collect (mid Jan). Decided to wait only to be disappointed that (a) that collection was only available from warehouse out other side of town and (b) would cost $5.95 not to mention a lot of petrol money. Ended up ordering online which was quick and hassle free but would really like to see a dispatch service available to local outlets - not everyone lives in the eastern suburbs !

Campion E.Campion Education

Quick turnaround to recieve goods however Unfortunately was missing a small item

Left placing our order until late but had great turnaround time. Missing a pencil in our order. A little disappointed it wasn't double checked. Previously has been a good experience with campion though

Booktopia