Canon iP7260

Canon iP7260

MPN: 5287B006

Pros

• CD/DVD printing

• Two trays for paper storage

Cons

• Average printing quality

• Not always reliable

• Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed
Michael T.

Michael T.South East Queensland, QLD

overpriced rubbish

Worked well for about 5 months and then started printing with lines and smudges. did all the 'fix the problem' ideas from Canon but didn't work. Takes for ever to get ready to print most times - so don't buy if you want to get on with your day. I'm a Canon fan, but this was a big bog let down

Purchased at Officeworks.

Bernie Masters

Bernie MastersSouth West, WA

Does exactly what I hoped it would do!

I've now owned my ip7260 for over a year and it was a replacement for a 10 year old Canon that finally gave up the ghost. This new model is just as good as the previous one and I'm supremely happy with it. As an added bonus, it has two different paper holders, one that can take up to A4 and the second for postcard size photos. I use Tonny cartridges bought from TEG Computers in Sydney for about $6 each and they deliver excellent colours. Overall, I'm completely happy with this printer.

Purchased in June 2019 for $230.00.

Angie

AngieSydney, NSW

Excellent quality, small and convenient

I purchased the Canon ip101. We had it for 4 years now. My old printer stopped working. I decided to use it.
This ink is affordable. I like it as it has a very good connection via chord. Easily packed away. Even I had it for a long time. Almost brand new. I don't like any dust build up. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in September 2017.

Canon ip7260

Im having trouble setting up the paper settings on the printer from wi-fi every time I print its saying no paper In tray its not set up for A4 paper I wanted to k ow how to change the settings seeing its not connect to a pc

Ian

IanCentral West, NSW

Great Printer, Using the older cheap cartridges. Great for mass printing. Cheap replacement heads

Pros: Double sided (with manual flipping), uses cheap cartridges ($30 for 30 on ebay), Fair on ink, Fair quality
Cons: A little slow, Software not great, No scanner

If you are looking as this because of the cheap ink, then this review is for you. My MX726 broke and the head is way to much to replace. This printer uses the cheap carts, with also replacement head for around $30. I print 150 pages a week for study and quality is same as MX726. This printer saves me a buckload of cash and hence is so worth it. I don't think other people that buy this, buy it for the reason of cheap printing. Hopefully will last a year in my case. Brought a 2nd one to get me thru my degree.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
PKCMVA

PKCMVAMelbourne

Printer Box More Useful Than Printer Itself

Date PurchasedMay 2018

DomSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very high quality printing on DVDs. Software is clunky to operate. Canon customer service is top s

Date PurchasedJan 2018
kiwispud

kiwispudRosemeadow

Front feeder printer fails for printing photos

Date PurchasedNov 2016
DavidP

DavidPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful printer, does everything we need

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Flavourbox

FlavourboxMelbourne

Happy with this printer!

Very happy with this printer and its capability. The price is reasonable for what it can do. The ink consumption is also not bad, better than we first expected it. Probably lacking slightly in printing on glossy paper but generally it's reliable and happy with the overall quality of it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Rubbish!

I've had no end of trouble with this piece of rubbish. I've never been able to use the wifi part of it and my laptop can't even pick up the printer itself half the time. On the rare occasion that I can get it to work it's so slow. I am going to have to ditch this waste of money and buy a new printer-one that actually works!

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Has limitations but does what it says.

I am not really 'into' networking but using the software, my experience was akin to 'following the bouncing ball'. I hooked it up when told to using the USB cable and nothing other than good things happened after that. However, it is nothing like as functional a printer as some of the earlier models. My ip4800 died and it could print DVD labels (an essential for a video nut) and hold A4 paper in the bottom tray and envelopes in the back section. Not so with the ip7260. Printing envelopes is a hassle and disappointing. This is more a photo printer and a step back in design from earlier models, despite the WiFi ability which while convenient, ain't essential from my POV.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
MC

MCMelbourne

Excellent printer

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Angry

I was told you could use andriod tablet but it doesnt cant even find an app for pixma ip7260 not happy waste of money , I'm not satisfied at all havent brought refills as i cant use the damn ones that are in it.... definitely not impressed with canon at all

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Paul D

Paul D

Good print quality but poor design.

Was easy to install both to my Dell desktop PC through USB and my Dell Notebook through WiFi, It prints very well so far and once going is quick. Seems to take a few seconds to get going when first turned on. Don't like the paper tray arrangement both cumbersome to load and small capacity.Canon cartridges are expensive, full stop! I believe the IP7260 is more economical but time will tell. I had a Pixma IP5200R for several years, a beautifully built home office cycle inkjet printer both robust and well designed compared to the current crop of printers for the home office market. Come on Canon you can do a lot better, stick with your successful designs and you will win back a few disenchanted buyers of the IP7260, it could be a lot better.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Gary H

Gary H

Biggest piece of garbage I have ever bought..Frustrating to no end..

Go buy a Brother, Epsom, HP, anything but this piece of garbage.. Set up is a real pain as is the wi fi.. I have been trying most of the day without success.. I have deleted and reinstalled the drivers numerous times and still no success..I can get the drivers installed but try getting the WI-FI to work is a total pain.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Grrrrr...

Worst printer ever

I purchased this printer 3 months ago and I'm ready to throw against wall. The amount of time it spends wasting ink and refreshing would triple the amount of printing done. It jams every second time I place the cd tray in.
I only use this printer for cds with most of the print being black with a little bit of color yet I've gone through more color ink replacements than black. This will be the last Canon product I will ever purchase. You're dead to me.

Vickilo

Vickilovicki.mow@outlook.com

Drives me mad "refreshing"

I have always had Canon, but this one drives me mad when it "refreshes" itself at the most inopportune times. I find this frustrating & time consuming to the point I am about to purchase another printer even though I have not had it very long. Also the fact it doesn't have a "manual" feed location is ridiculous. An oversight when I originally researched & a pain for envelopes & labels.

AdzVictoria, 3350

Excellent Print Quality - Targetted to Home Advanced Users

Adz

UPDATE: The Netcomm NB16WV-02 Fibre/ADSL Router is the issue. I have since changed back to my Billion 7800NXL ADSL Router and the problem no longer exists.

Don

Donasked

why is it cheaper than other cannon

Ron

Ronasked

were can i by a canon iP 7260 as my old ip 7260 has stop working & i still have plenty of ink plus i am very happy with this one and what cost

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Ask Canon directly

Jay Ess

Jay Essasked

Massive problems with MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 being accessible to Canon printers at this time. It seems Catalina is their latest update. Any views?

Get an answer from our members and Canon representatives

Features:

• Inkjet colour printer that’s designed to produce photo lab quality pictures
  • Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to print from anywhere in the house
  • Supports double-sided printing, which helps to reduce paper waste
  • Prints onto a variety of paper sizes, including A4, A5 and B5. The Canon iP7260 can also print onto DVDs/CDs
  • Two paper trays for keeping your work desk organised

What reviewers thought about this printer:

• The Canon iP7260 made printing onto DVDs and CDs a seamless experience. Many reviewers were happy with how the picture quality turned out.
  • A recurring point of praise was the two-paper tray system. Reviewers thought this tray helped organise the different types of paper they used for printing.
  • Overall, it seemed as though this printer wasn’t particularly impressive, but it wasn’t a complete disappointment either. So if you’re looking for an average printer that will get the job done, this might be the one for you. Besides, there are other printers with much worse reviews.
CategoryPrinters