Canon Pixma MG3660

Canon Pixma MG3660

Pros

• Affordable

Cons

• Prone to breaking down

• Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed

Just do not buy it

It's just rubbish. Setup is horribly difficult and the instructions are simply wrong. It will then occasionally work as a printer. As for a scanner, I cannot figure out how that is suppose to work... Don't buy, return it immediately and ask for a real printer next time.

Purchased in December 2020 for $60.00.

morganclarej

morganclarejGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TERRIBLE, zero stars

TERRIBLE, zero stars. It never connects, prints blank pages, wont connect via cable, still can't workout how to disconnect it from WIFI to use a cable. Glitchy, dated, TERRIBLE. Go Epson instead!

Purchased in January 2019.

Can’t ever connect

I’ve only gotten it to work once. Printed a bunch of documents to make binders for my employees. After that the printer was always offline. Hard reset on both printer and computer and no luck. Reconnect to my phone and wife’s phone. Wont connect to our work computers. Wont discover on work computers. Reinstalled drivers. No luck. The amount I spent on this garbage, paper, and replacement ink for future use was 4x more than just having a print service make my initial project. I can’t even scan anything with it because it wont connect.

When it did work, print was alright. Took forever to print each page, especially double sided pages.

Would love to return for a brother.

Purchased in November 2020.

Rob

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

WORST PRINTER EVER !!

We set it up ,print ,turn it all off only to lose all the settings and then we have to completely re install the whole thing AGAIN, WIFI is not the problem as it works when set up but the useless printer is at fault .Dont waste your money ,going to take it back to big W tomorrow

Ali

AliHunter Region, NSW

Piece of rubbish

Always has an issue and it’s never a quick simple print job. The flashing light errors are ridiculous! You have to count the flashing lights to determine the error. So difficult to rectify .
No satisfaction at all only mountains of frustration.
No reliability : never works when really needed.

Purchased at Big W.

Not worth $1, never ever works, causes frustration, save yourself

This is such a worthless machine. Never remembers paper settings or devices, loses connectivity with Wi-Fi. I just threw the entire thing in the dumpster outside, and already I feel life is better, regardless of not completing my print request. Any other brand is better. Canon Airdrop printers simply are not worth the hassle.

Purchased in March 2020 at Amazon for $350.00.

Worst printer I have ever used

Connection is horrible, its constantly going offline and I cant get it to connect after several attempts. This happens at least once a week, and no I am not having issues with my wifi ITS THE PRINTER!

Do not purchase.

Sadly so unreliable it's next to useless

Purchased in December 2018.

Prints look like complete garbage

First off the printer took a fairly long time to set up but that alone wouldn't make me hate it. Everything it prints comes out faded looking, the wrong colours and without any detail that is in the actual image. As printing coloured pictures is what I wanted the printer for, it is now useless to me and I will be trying to get a refund in the morning. I bought it without looking up any reviews before hand because I had a canon printer before until it mysteriously stopped working that printed things beautifully throat was sold for around the same price point. Paying almost $60 for this is ridiculous as I'm fairly certain I could get better print quality for about $30. Don't waste your money on this.

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for $59.00.

David

David

Packaging made it look better than it was

Printer was bought thinking it would be a modern and fast printer however it took forever to print something complex. It was all WIFI or cloud based which i did not like

The worst piece of technology I have ever used

I cannot even count on my hands anymore the amount of times that I have spent over an hour trying to connect this steaming pile of horse crap (some people might call it a 'printer') to the WiFi network. I could drive the the local library and print off my documents three times over in the time it takes me to make my laptop recognise that the printer is connected, this is using all of the canon-provided manuals and tutorials available on the web. Waste of time. Waste of money. Waste of several hours of my life that I wish I could have refunded back by the scam artists otherwise known as Canon.

Purchased in January 2020.

Surfie John

Surfie JohnGippsland, VIC

Not physically possible to connect to my PC

I have a Canon Pixma 3000 series printer purchased from Aldi. I don't have a a LAN, as all my internet is run as hotspot from my phone. With this set up it is physically impossible to connect me PC to the printer. (And, yes, I have followed every instruction video I can find).

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for $60.00.

Avoid This Printer - Absolute Rubbish

The printer was bought to replace a previous Canon Printer which was also a scanner-printer.
I tried to print 5 copies of a 3 page document - failed, dropping out text on about the 4th copy. The printer does not recognise the fact it is connected to the computer, requiring a manual push of the power button. When saving scans, it does not save where it says it will, until you click the file location and change it to somewhere, or even back to where it thought you wanted it...if something looks to good to be true......This is it!

Purchased in November 2019 for $60.00.

This is not a printer it's crap

Canon printer dose not connect to wi fi it's waste of money. Replaced it second time this is 3rd one still same problem don't wana come what a rubbish quiality. Never ever again cannon.

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W for $80.00.

Jane

JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap to Buy - Poor Performance

I purchased this printer as it was cheap and toner replacements were cheap. Setting up the printer was time consuming considering I did so wirelessly and expected it would be very simple and quick. Printing is reasonable, but scanning takes almost 5 minutes per page?! it is quicker to take a photo of a doc and email it to yourself to save for your own records. I'm really annoyed at the scanning performance as this was largely why I purchased it and it is completely inefficient in this regard.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $59.00.

Find out how Canon Pixma MG3660 compares to other Printers

Absolute pile of sh~t, shame there is no minus star rating

Bought to replace same model which was paper jamming and eventually threw it across the floor, bought another one as it was cheap but after a couple of weeks began to jam as well, resorted to feeding 1 piece of paper at a time for a while until that stopped working, now just sitting gathering dust... complete waste of time and money. less than 8 months old and cant find receipt... Avoid like the plague

Purchased in March 2019.

Kerri M.

Kerri M.Perth, WA

Don’t buy this printer.

This is the worst printer I have ever had. Can’t do wireless printing even though it is supposed to. Goes through ink very quickly regardless of what sized ink you buy and gets paper jams constantly no matter what paper you use or how you load it. Will be replacing it ASAP. It’s only a month old and is making my degree much harder defeating the point of owning it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W for $59.00.

KJ

KJMid North Coast, NSW

Cannon do not back their Products

Purchased in July 2019 at Ebay for $54.00.

Functionality
Ink Cartridge Longevity
Reliability
Printing Speed
Sandra K.

Sandra K.Sydney, NSW

Total piece of junk. Slow junk!

This is junk. Slow. Sooooooo slooooooooow. Uses ink like a mofo and therein lies its whole point of existence ... to get you to buy buy buy ink. Avoid avoid avoid

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W.

cvick

cvickSydney, NSW

Hopeless.

Not very satisfied. Didn't even last 2 years. it was very hard to set up. had to ring canon to set up wi-fi. Printing was very blurry and could hardly read it.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.