Canon Pixma MP230

Is the Pixma MP230 Printer the same as Pixma iP300

I would like to know

Ziggy83
Ziggy83

ColM , Sorry ,not teck savvy. I now have a CannonPixma MG2460. Cate.

Mr Aldi

I don't there is any such thing as a Canon IP300. If you meant IP3000, the answer is no.

Vicki P.

Vicki P.asked

Just inserted a new black cartridge but printout is not very clear. Any suggestions?

Mr Aldi

Hi Vicki, assuming you have purchased a Canon branded cartridge, it may only need a head clean. With this type of printer the head is part of the cartridge (it's a great idea). I believe every time the printer powers on it will do a short clean and use some ink (sadly). If you are using a Mac or Windows computer you can try navigating to the printer on your computer (or search for printer help/tools) and there you should find a wizard or option to clean the black print head (maybe also deep clean). If that doesn't sharpen the print up after a couple of cleans pull the cartridge you can try (be careful) to remove the cartridge and place the head side (brown slit) onto a clean tissue for about 5 seconds. The ink should bleed into the tissue very easily. Reinstall, clean heads via the software and try printing.

Ray M.

Ray M.asked

Can I plug an IPad into my Canon Pixma 230 to print out documents?

Mr Aldi

Not really no. You will have more luck with a wifi optioned printer. Canon lists compatible printers here: (https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/pixma_wireless_printing_and_app_compatibility/#apple)

Manny

Mannyasked

Where can I purchase a new Canon Pixma MP230?

Jj07
Jj07

I bought it from Office Works

Emma-Lee Munchkin Still

Emma-Lee Munchkin Stillasked

What the hell is wrong with this printer/scanner! No matter what I do it won't scan anything. Cheap yeah sure but why don't the drivers work? I give up I'm about to take a bat to this printer

Vortex Spinner
Vortex Spinner

For some ridiculous reason I needed to download and reinstall the drivers and software from the Cannon website about three times after I installed it Everything is all good now but for while there the Cannon seemed to have problems everytime I started it up.

Fine I'll download it again, I just wanna scan some crap. I spend 8 hours trying to get it to work and downloading drivers on Sunday

Stickmonk
Stickmonk

This has something to do with recent updates with various MS software as it changes short cuts somehow and which I can't/ couldn't be bothered working out..
I've been using the MS Office scanning app.. basic but does what I need.
Go into all applications, you should find it easy enough and open it and press new scan, it should end up in your documents folder under scanned items.
Just remember to right click app as well and pin it to your task bar for future use.

Get an answer from our members and Canon representatives