Canon Pixma MX726

Canon Pixma MX726 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: MX726

• Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed
Jess Jones

Jess JonesDunedin

no end of problems

I can't rely on this printer. Every second time I want to print it just wont with no explanation and no error messages. So frustrating! It goes through ink incredibly fast and the refills are ridiculously expensive. I'll be replacing it asap. Absolutely thee worst printer I've ever used and will never buy a Canon again!

phoenixd

phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not the fastest, but is a reliable and flexible home office printer

Slowest Printer In The World!!!!

Have had this for 6 months now, and swear at it each day. Thinking thinking thinking about print, OMG.
I nearly prepare the nights' dinner while waiting for it to print. Have already returned once to Office works re-ink.
issues and now 6ths months later, it's about to go again. Worst and last CANON PRINTER i will purchased.
Lat printer was a Brother lasted 4 years without a hitch. Would rate it -1 if I could.

Printers

Find out how Canon Pixma MX726 compares to other Printers

Upset

Upset

I hate it, slower than the wettest weekend.

I didn't want this after using my husband's one, so slow I go off to do other things while I wait for it to finish composing War & Peace in its mind before it gets around to printing but it supposedly saves a lot on ink costs. I'll agree with this because I now don't bother to print much as it frustrates me so much. It replaces a very old HP printer which died after many years of trouble free use. I would MUCH rather have the old HP back if I could.

Not too impressive

Happy Traveller

Happy Traveller

I would give zero stars if I could

Claims upper tray is empty when it is not. Claims a jam when it is not. After set up- which was seamless- and test page print, I printed my own test page consisting of 1 four letter word; "test". Took 3 minutes then decided that the upper tray was jammed again. Absolute garbage. Returned to Officeworks for a refund. Last Canon product I will ever buy.

On the plus side the service from Officeworks was excellent.

Time Wasted

Time WastedMelbourne

I could draw faster!!

It is the slowest printer of 12 in my office and I look forward to dropping it off the roof.... which will be the fastest its ever moved!!!
I was recommended to this for my personal office by a well know printer supplier to cut down my ink usage and to save me using the companies network printer.
I now find not only is it quicker to use the network printer with 40 other staff but that it uses more ink than any other Canon I've had before except that now I have to buy multiple cartridges instead of just colour and black.
So in my... "OFFICE it don't WORKS"
It worse than terrible and I would give it no stars if I could.

jakemike99

jakemike99Melbourne

Slow and painful to use

The printer looks good, is relatively cheap and connects via WiFi. But that's where the good points for this printer end. It's painfully slow to print and constantly seems to be cleaning itself. Printing 1 page takes almost a minute while you wait for it to "prepare" itself. When it finally decides its ready to print it spits the page out pretty quickly, but the wait time before it actually starts is ridiculous. It also goes through ink at an amazing rate! Overall I would not recommend this printer.

Svanip

SvanipSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Good to Excellent Printer

I agree that MX 726 is ink hungry but similar to most ink jet printers I feel - Scan feature is a ripper eg: 8 page single Sided A4 Colour 150 DPI to PDF took 34 seconds - fully completed to screen via wireless to Window 8.1 (That is impressive for a home office device) nice solid device for home office, great quality on photo printing as you would expect from a canon.

Printers

Find out how Canon Pixma MX726 compares to other Printers

Absolute ruubish

Takes ages to start up. Constantly cleans itself. Takes ages to print. Don't bother trying to scan a multipage document. Takes in excess of 1min per page to scan. Try scanning a 30 page document. I gave up. Was tempted to throw the device out of my study window.

Ink Waster

While this printer prints well enough, it seems it is constantly does some sort of cleaning/ink wasting/thinking?. Becomes quite annoying if you are in a rush to print something out, as you can wait for over a minute or more for it to perform the task. It will also tell you, you are out of ink when the cartridge is still half full. We had the previous model before this one and didn't have this much difficulty with it.
Prints well for the cost of the printer.
Slow to print & wastes ink.....

Lizzie

Lizzieasked

Can you scan negatives on a Pixma MX726? I notice there is a small film strip size panel before the A4 plate, is this specifically for negatives, if so, how do you use it? Thanks

Robin EC

Robin ECasked

Where is the on-line manual??!! Argh, it's just stopped, just like my last Canon!!!!

Chris X

It's in the disk that come with the printer. You must select install all when you insert the disk . Than you will find a shortcut on your desktop screen.

John S

John Sasked

Does anyone know the standard warranty on the Cannon Pixmar MX 626? Ours finally died. Purchased in late May 2015 and less than two years of erratic, problem-ridden use does not seem good value.
Will not be a repeat buyer of this brand.

Chris X

Hi. I've been using canon printers for the last 25 to 30 years. They are the best value / performance printers on the market. But you have to pick the right model. The pixma 626 is not one of the good one's. I have the 726 wich is very good. It comes with 12 mth warranty as most printers on the market.

Get an answer from our members and Canon representatives

CategoryPrinters