Car Next Door Car Renter

Car Next Door Car Renter

4.2 from 1,013 reviews

Horrible and incompetent customer service.

Do not ever use.

I hired a car and was side swiped while in my possession, I fully realized I needed to cover the cost, and was quoted $440 to the repair, which I agreed to. Then I was advised that $880 had been taken out of my account. I have requested a call from a manager and nothing. A different repairer said the cost should be $350 - $400, so I would recommend never using the service. Absolute money maker.

Kristen

KristenSydney, NSW

A great system!!

I have ben using Car Next Door for 3 yrs now. Its cheaper than other ride shares I have experienced. I love being able to drive different types of cars and there is more and more available all the time. I have never had an issue with a car or owner. There seems to be a higher level of trust and respect between renters and owners. All admin has been handled effectively. The locking system also better than alternate providers.

Iraj G.

Iraj G.Sydney, NSW

Great service, reasonable cost

I have used the car next door a coupe of times both times trying to move stuff, once a ute and another a van. Really good service and the cost is really reasonable. None of the hassles of going to a car rental company. I usually try and pick a car either near the place of pick up or my house, use it for a few hours I need it and can honestly say, this has saved me a lot of time and money.

Vehicle TypeToyota HiAce

Convenient service

I signed up to Car Next Door to try it out, as I have previously used other car sharing options but I was unhappy about paying annual fees.

I found it quick and easy to sign up, easy to find a suitable car for my needs (including taking my cat with me), easy to find the car when my booking started, and no problems with the payment process or with the cars meeting expectations.

I'll be using it again for sure.

Simple, cheap and convenient

Service is very straightforward, with easy to use website and app, clear step by step instructions. It’s convenient to use and much cheaper than traditional car rental or using taxi or Uber.

Reliable and convenient

I have used Car Next Door a few times now and I've always found the service to be really quick and effective. Would highly recommend, particularly if you only need a car every now and then.

Review collected in partnership with Car Next Door

So easy to use - search, book, take a few pictures and it's all done!

The app is well designed and easy to use.
Information is straightforward and well written nothing is confusing.
Integration with phone camera was easy to use
The cost of rental seems too good to be true!

Jane Doe

Jane DoeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible experience, never using the app again.

Vehicle TypeAudi A4

The way of the future

Swift, straightforward booking and pick up procedure. Very useful when I need a car or van for a few hours. Highly recommend. A more sustainable car use strategy for the future.

Sid

SidGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Has become a way of life for me! Love it !!

Super convenient and easy to use. I don’t need to drive regularly hence it’s a cheaper option for me as compared to buying a car.
Looking forward to using it often.

Andrew N.

Andrew N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Be very careful and read the fine print before you regret it big time

Ben L.

Ben L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Used the service on two separate occasions

Really simple, easy and quick to use/book.
Much less cumbersome than regular car rental. Much cheaper as well.
Highly recommend!
Customer service was there when I needed it, very to the point.
Bond was easily paid and quickly refunded to me.
Vehicle was exactly as described to me.
Used one trip to collect friends from the airport, and the other trip was a day trip to the countryside. Needs were met.

Review collected in partnership with Car Next Door

Seriously considering selling my own vehicle

The whole service is excellent. I live in inner Melbourne, so thankfully there are lots of cars around to choose from.
Last last trip I took, I needed to pay for fuel. The reimbursement process is simple and timely. I think this shows the quality of the customer service. The app as well makes it very easy to carry out each stage of the process.
I was trying CND out because I needed to register my own car. However after realising that: 1) my own car needed about (600 service+800rego+1000insurance) 2.4k per year to keep on the road 2) I usually use it 1-2 times a week 3) It would cost about 1.5k per year based on 30$/week to use CND 4) how easy CND is to use... It was a no brainer- im going to sell my vehicle and never look back.

Paola

PaolaSydney, NSW

Really good idea! Is perfect! I think will be a big company in the future! Like uber!

Customer service looks good to me! The cars are in good condition, the payment format is easy! car next door is perfect for day trips or just getting to know new places!

Vehicle TypeCar

John N.

John N.Hunter Region, NSW

Want too much information

It is an easy way to get a car to suit your needs

I didn’t have a problem with the way the system of payment works, it is all well managed.

I only issue I have is the returning and putting key back in the lock box no clear system or sequence of doing things

Helen R.

Helen R.South East Queensland, QLD

What a great car borrowing concept!

The Car next door team have thought about everything. Thier customer service team is readily available and very friendly.

The only thing I don't like is that due to updates, I need to uninstall and re-install the app. Otherwise, everything else is fine.

Payments were handled well and the app system is very easy to follow.

Yes, the cars I have borrowed were both as described. I enjoyed driving them both.

I used the vehicles to travel across town to visit with a friend and the Carrara Markets. Couldn't have done it without the generosity of the car owners. Thanks you guys. Thanks Car next door.

Vehicle TypeToyota Yaris

Rebecca

RebeccaSydney, NSW

TERRIBLE

Advertised 7 seater car, actually was a 5 seater. Couldn't take two of our friends on the trip. They had to pay for train tickets. When called to complain, staff very unhelpful, tried to blame us for not checking the car. Then told I would get a call back from a manager, didn't receive one. Staff had absolutely not empathy, really disappointed. Will never use this site again.

Vehicle TypeNissan X-Trail
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Ramil

RamilSydney

Terrible customer service

I rented a car on 20th September for an important training workshop that I had to attend. The car was supposed to be on Brown St. 15 minutes before my time I checked the map and the car was in Darlington ! That was 1.5 km away. I called customer service but they were not helpful and eventually I got my husband to call them and they said it was just 500 m away but he sent a screen shot to them which showed it was 800 m away (the car seem to be moving ) . No reply no anything and eventually an email they refunded us by putting the money as credit in the app! Pls don’t rent this car if u need to use it urgently I rather go for goget