Car Next Door Car Renter

Car Next Door Car Renter

4.1 from 1,080 reviews

• Booking Process
  • Received Booked Vehicle
    • No, I received a worse vehicle (29)
    • No, I received a better vehicle (5)
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Incentivised Review Yes (6%) · No (94%)

Dawn

DawnSydney, NSW

Very Disappointed - USER BEWARE

Chnigy

ChnigyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One star is too high a rating for this scheme!

BUYER BEWARE-1 star is still too much

Vehicle TypeHyundai iLoad TQ-V (2008-Present)

Overcharged and Refunds yet to be issued

Whilst the vehicle hire was excellent, I was overcharged more than $110 for the distance charge and was not reimbursed for the petrol that I put into the car. There is no dispute on the distance traveled or the petrol purchased, but after 2 weeks I am still waiting for a full refund.

Vehicle TypePeople mover

Not Happy

Not HappyPerth, WA

An absolute scam!!!!!

Absolutely dreadful organisation - I would never ever recommend them as the car I booked was not at all roadworthy - no window wipers to speak of, rear passenger window got stuck, bits of the car was practically falling off - took it back almost immediately and was not reimbursed the full amount - an absolute scam!!!!

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Wrong accusations for damage not done by you.

Be aware, shocking company

After hiring a car with car next door they wrongly accused myself of incurring damage to the car.
The car was a 20 year old ute and there was a supposed dent put in the bumper of the car that would cost $250 to fix.
Car Next Door responded with a quotation of $1,400 (car wouldn't have been worth that) and have now registered the debt on my credit file.
There is no dispute process with Car Next Door, they are useless and couldn't care less.
The problem with their system is the cars are parked roadside and could incur damage from any passing cars however if you are the last person to rent the car they will blame you for the damage.
Be aware, stay clear!

WALTER

WALTERSydney, NSW

Provided me car which was not road worthy

Tyres life was almost over , we were about to meet a fatal accident. I am wondering how car was allowed to rent when it was not fit to drive on the road . I spend for the tyre out of my pocket , however claim is not accepted yet . It’s very terrible experience with Car Next Door .
My humble request that don’t risk your family life by renting car from car next door

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival
Holly J.

Holly J.

Love the idea of car sharing but the staff were unhelpful

- Took ages to resolve a dispute
- Staff are generic and I felt condescended to
- No response to my complaints via email and social media
Left me feeling pretty disappointed - great concept but I wish this company had good customer service!

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely shocking

The process to verify took 3 days, with no reasoning on the delay. Two emails sent within one minute apart; one saying account has been approved but the booking is not available. Second one, saying $200 has been withdrawn from my account for the said booking. The customer service officer was awful and unfriendly. I will never use this service, especially after reading the other reviews.

Chris P.

Chris P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Concerning

I just signed up as a Car Next Door customer however after having read many negative reviews here,particularly how the company takes hundreds of money out of your card (for alleged damaged) weeks after the rental has been completed, and refer you to debt collectors, I feel uncomfortable to rent a car. Responses provided by the company are very vague and generic and does a little to provide comfort to renters. I signed up thinking this is a great concept and now I'm scared to go near it.

MichaelCar Next Door

No car on the booked date

We have booked a car, for a special occasion to pick up in the morning. When we went to pick the car up at 08:00, we were told that the car is not avaliable until the evening. No replacement or no alternatives, they cancelled our reservation. They did give us a refund but that is what we were after. Not reliable!

Diego S.

Diego S.Sydney, NSW

Beware! Don't use this service. They are thieves

Vehicle TypeMercedes-Benz Vito

Tommy

TommyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

We have tried to hire a car only to be told the car is not functional. This is unacceptable as we dont see the point in hiring your car out if it is not functional. The owner of the car was able to get in contact with car next door to sort out the issue.
While we have been on the phone to them and still waiting, its been 2 HOURS!
Were not happy and have things to sort out and we are being taken for a ride. How is it that the owner was able to get in contact with you but not us!

NewDad20110507

NewDad20110507Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

Too expensive

First thing is that it is a little complicate and you absolutely need to be experienced in using apps and smartphone.
Second thing. I borrowed the car without trying to have a look at car rentals thinking that it would necessarily be cheaper. But that has not been the case. It cost me 200$ where I should have paid 135$ with Europcar!!! So be carefull and have a look on car rentals before.
That excepted all good with the car and the owner.

Vehicle TypeToyota Yaris

SauroSydney Surrounds, NSW

Arrogant, irresponsible, thieves

ben r.

ben r.Sydney, NSW

Was held liable for $670 in damages.Only person to speak to during dispute was an overseas call center.

Really bad.The vehicle had a flashing oil light so had to return it rather then wreck the engine.The photo upload app didn't work reliably and they extorted a total of $670 from me for a scratch I didn't cause.

Vehicle Condition
Vehicle TypeHyundai iLoad TQ-V (2008-Present)

Ash

AshSydney, NSW

Trip Spoiler with zero empathy for customer

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival

mutch -.Sydney, NSW

Beaware

BEAWARE. Don't ever use this company. I've been informed today that I'm getting charged $460 dollars for damage on a car that I didn't damage. In there policy if anything happens to the car when you have it for example say someone comes and smashes all the windows or say someone comes and smashes into the car when it's parked guess who's at fault. They even charge you if it hails and the car gets damage. I strongly advise nobody to use this company. I've done 14 trips and they do not care one bit about there customers there all for the car owner. I will no longer by using there service.

Update: So this disgusting money hungry business is charging me 780 dollars for 5 scratches on this car.

mutch -.

I will never ever use this company again