Car Next Door Car Renter

3.9

1,212 reviews

Andrés

AndrésSydney, NSW

This company scammed me with misleading information

Vehicle TypeToyota Prius

Perfect for my needs

All very easy , the car was located as per booking, the car was exactly as described, I needed it for an appointment and it served its purpose, being so close to me.

TInika

TInikaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute Lifesaver!!!!!

Wide range of vehicles and as little notice as 2 hours and you can be on your way! Came in super handy during covid lockdowns as I couldn’t borrow my families big car so had to get a van to grab some furniture and move house!! So cheap and convenient, what an idea!!

Vehicle TypeToyota HiAce

Find out how Car Next Door Car Renter compares to other Car Hire Services

Since the beginning was amazing experience, very truly descriptions that I have faced and booked again, but my last time, I got a very bad experience, I have paid to rent a van, but it was too old, dusty, the doors did not close properly if I do not put enough effort it, I was not believing that I paid to use some van like that, really disappointed. In general, very useful service. thank you!

Vehicle TypeVAN

Shayne

Shayne

Great ride sharing app

I’ve used this app many times to hire both moving vans and cars and I’ve always had a pleasant experience. I highly recommend to anyone who doesn’t own a car!!

Brian H

Brian HSouth East Queensland, QLD

STAY AWAY!!!!

Tried this app for the first time. Booked a car for immediate rental. After never hearing from the car owner I called them to only find out they haven’t owned the car in over a year and tried to cancel their ad a long time ago.
This company still took my money for the booking. When I made them aware of the mistake they began the refund “process” of course taking up to 5 business days. Meanwhile I cannot afford to purchase another car so I am not stuck until I can get my refund. It’s been almost four days now and still no refund. STAY CLEAR AND AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!

Bren

BrenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A Scam. Please avoid at all cost.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Mirage
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Ripped off, no service, unworkable

Nobody picking up the phone or checking issues. On hold over an hour on several occasions. RIpped me off $700 for old bomb car full of scratch to be entirely resprayed because my photos were not good enough. What rubbish.

Vehicle Typevan
Wishwesh

WishweshSydney, NSW

Great Experience

I have been using CND for a few years now and it has been incredible. Great service, support and user experience. Good app but could be a lot better. Fleet of cars is good.

elinor.williams

elinor.williamsSydney, NSW

So convenient and cost effective

I've been using Car Next Door for a few years now and I've never had any issues.
The cars are generally always in good condition, payments can be a little confusing but its great that fuel is covered so you mostly don't have to worry about this.

MichaelCar Next Door

Thanks for the kind words Elinor! There's helpful info about trip charges in our Help Centre: https://support.carnextdoor.com.au/hc/en-gb/articles/115000392443-Understanding-your-final-trip-charge

Avoid at all costs!

Sicardi

SicardiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scam of a company

Disgusting company operating a scam with a rental front.
If you don't want to be defaulted for no reason, do not use their service.
Many hidden charges, and will give you a default over $70 of unverified charges.
Just read the reviews for yourselves.

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf

SimonSydney, NSW

Dodgy company

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Multivan
Simon

This is simply untrue. Our photos show no damage to the area at drop off time. However you say they show damage. So how to you get an independent analysis of the photos or do we just have to take your assessment as fact?

MichaelCar Next Door

If you would like to dispute a decision we've made on your responsibility for damage, please see the following article in our Help Centre: https://support.carnextdoor.com.au/hc/en-gb/articles/360024699212-How-can-I-dispute-responsibility-for-damage-

A service that looks after car owners not drivers

Eloise
Eloise
Peter G.

Peter G.Coomalie, NT

Stay with a reliable rental company!

Wouldn't consider using again - pull out all terms and conditions and don't support their customers if an issue arises - like a complaint about where a car is parked. Charged me an extra $60 because someone complained - wouldn't listen to my side and just charged me the fee! BE CAREFUL IF YOU USE THIS SERVICE Also getting only 15min notice of the vehicle location is really inconvenient if you have a 40min Uber ride to get there. Overall would not recommend this service - stick to a known rental company for peace of mind.

Hugh

HughSydney, NSW

Great alternative

Helpful customer service and intuitive booking process. Always good to support a local business which uses local resources (cars) that can be better utilised. Lots of local choices as well - at least in Sydney.

Don’t hire from this company

Raul S.

Raul S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never ever rent a car from Car Next Door Renter

One of the worst experiences in my life. This company is a scam! They'll try everything so nothing will be left in your $150 deposit. They don't even tell that their credit will affect your credit score big time. So please beware of this company. I'm very angry to myself why I fell into their trap!!!!

Vehicle TypeToyota HiLux
Avril

AvrilSydney, NSW

DO NOT use car next door

Every time I have used this service car next door try to add in extra fees and charges. It is a scam. They offer cheap car rental but then try and then try and extort money from you.

Vehicle TypeIveco Daily Van
MichaelCar Next Door

Don’t use this rental company. You’ll end up paying 3x as much in unauthorised fees and charges.

• +2