Car Next Door Car Renter

Car Next Door Car Renter

An amazing concept

CND allows me to live without a car because i can borrow just for an hour here or there at such a good price. give it a go you won't regret

Easy and Effective

The app is very easy to use. I did have some problems uploading the first use but realised it's easier to take photos first and then upload rather than using the camera option in the app.
I find it a bit annoying that you don't get refunded straight away but your money rather gets kept as credit which you have to withdraw but not enough to stop me from using.

Over 50 & technologically challenged? No problem

Being new to iPhones and Apps I was nervous when my daughter asked me to book a van for a removal job. I didn't have to worry as every step of the way was clearly marked and easy to navigate. If I can do it anyone can!

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Great way to rent a vehicle whatever the purpose is.

Customer service made sure everything is clear and made it easy to rent a car. The bond, insurance and payment terms were transparent and easy to understand, any credit to be refunded were settled as easy as when you’re paying for the rental. The vehicle was as per advertised and had no issues so I had peace of mind while driving. I used the car to make it easier for me and my friends to travel together. The car definitely met our needs and more.

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Easy to use and super convenient! Just grab a car and go! I would highly recommend Car Next Door to anyone!

Used a car for commuting during the weekends, as it was easier to get to than relying on public transport. I also used Car a next door when I moved flat, we hired a large van which was excellent for what we needed. As described and done the job.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Cheap, reliable and community-based car rental

The CND app is super easy for reserving a car. I have booked vans on several occasions and it has always been so cheap and reliable and absolutely convenient because I pick the van up from close by and just use it for the time I need. Sometimes the cars can be a bit on the shabby side visually but you definitely get what is shown in the photo. I highly recommend CND for a convenient and environmentally friendly car rental service!!

Vehicle Typevan
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Great use of existing resources. I feel better about the planets future with this app!

App is great, cars are good, convenience is excellent. I have used have twice and definitely will use again. The only problem I had was that I needed to reinstall the app just before the first pick up. Apart form that a great very happy.

This is perfect! A beautiful solution for a reasonable price

I rented a UTE for moving to a new house. It was awesome. The car very clean and reliable, the instruction to get and return the car easy to follow.
I'm very happy with the service.
Many thanks!

DON'T PROTECT the RENTER

First time I used this service and over 5 weeks after I rented a fraudulent claim was made by the owner and I get an automated sort of email saying I was charged automatically from my credit card for damages I did not cause. I took photos before driving the car and the damage was in those photos which i loaded up - they said not received on app even though app definitely told me they were loaded. I sent the photos through time stamped and the charge at this time is still proceeding. You have to deal with a sort of automated email system even in these circumstances which takes ages and means you can't really make your case. As usual VERY good systems for taking your money even when fraudulent, not very good systems for getting it back.

Perfect! So convenient

So easy to use. Rented a van less than a kilometre away for a couple of hours. So convenient and priced for the time of use only. Would definitely use again.

Vehicle TypeVan
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Love it! It's cheap, easy to use and practical

- App is easy to use
- The follow up communication was warm
- Easy to contact the car owner
- Charge/cost breakdown is clear and upfront
- And it's super cheap!

I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't own a car but needs one occasionally, or for those who need a specific type of vehicle for a couple of hours.

Vehicle TypeToyota HiAce
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Good service but can be better

It’s so easy since we don’t have car. We can choose car that have car seat in it. So flexible and convenient. But the only thing I want to highlight is about cleanliness of the car during pickup. Both of the car that I picked up last time was dirty and smelly inside and outside. I hope the future rental, I might able to rent a clean car. Thanks

Vehicle TypeBmw
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Great way to borrow cars!

Easy to use the app & vehicle had plenty of fuel & were easy to find & drive.
Will definitely be using again especially to move furniture & oversize items.
Wish I had found out about this earlier.

Vehicle TypeVan
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

I was charged for something which I haven't done!!

When I went to get the car, it wasn’t parked properly, and the end of the car was so near to the wall in the carpark, there wasn’t any space for me to take a clear photo of the damages. So I drove to another location to take a clearer photo of that damage area after 30mins. But CND says it’s my fault for the damage because i didn’t upload it in the pre-trip within the same area. CND is charging me $560 for repairs, and it’s just scratches! I’m not paying for any damages that I didn’t commit.

I called Customer service that, they have to park nicely that renters can take sufficient and clear photos for pre-trip, or else what’s the point. If they can’t even park nicely why bother asking me to take a nice clear photo of damages. Customer service says for pre trip photos are before using the car, so how would they expect me to take a clear photo of the damage area, if the damage area is so close to the wall.

This is my first time trying CND and I’m not recommending people to use this.

The worst customer service; got charged for something which I haven't done!!

The worst experience ever; i used one UTE a week before and may be the owner blamed that the lock box was kept unsecured and i was charged $100 straight away without even asking me about my fault.
Is this the customer service you give?? Even i can do the same with any of the customer i rent my car; click a photo myself by setting them in an in appropriate way and send you picture of it? will you pay me $100 every time i do this???

Vehicle TypeToyota HiLux

CND with a family

We are a family of 4 just moved to Sydney and don’t have a car. CND gives us affordable options for short trips or longer. We used a Shell based car so quick to refuel too.Thanks

Vehicle TypeHyundai Kona

So very convenient!!

I have been a motorbike ride my whole life so I never felt the need for car especially in city traffic. However sometimes the need arises for a car and Car next door fill this with a great service and with reliable and clean cars.
Thank you very much for the continued support and service.
Takis.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Closer and quicker than formal car hire

The car was immaculate. It was so much handier to pick up a car locally rather than drive to the car hire outlet.
The borrowing process was much quicker too. Really easy all round.

Vehicle Condition
Vehicle TypeEr, a white one....
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

So easy and user friendly

The app is very easy to use. The cars are always super close and it's cheap. Half the price of an uber.
it's like having a second car that's parked a couple of streets away except you don't pay rego or insurance, just a pretty reasonable fee each time you use the car. Way less hassle than a hire care, which I find living hell.
would thoroughly recommend it.

It made my life much easier!

They have a good customer service
The payments goes exactly as I understood and expected
Yes, the same car that I have booked i have found
Yes, it matched my needs that I have rented it for.