Car Next Door Questions & Answers

Car Renter, Car Owner (See All)
Listing monitored by Car Next Door

MacT
rodney h.
rodney h.asked
Car Next Door

Have got any place near eskine park that would be open till 5 pm and have a car I don't care what sort

Darren P.

They didnt offer me any

Andy W
Andy Wasked
Car Next Door Car Renter

Can someone with a Canadian drivers license rent from Car Next Door?

Colin Peckham
Colin Peckhamasked
Car Next Door

How do I switch on the box ?

Patricia N.
Patricia N.asked
Car Next Door Car Owner

Hi all,
Any car owners in the Car Next Door providers encountered billing discrepancies pertaining to distance shortage. GPS readings of Car Next Door do not tally with my odometer for the latest 2 bookings in Jan 2022. They insisted their GPS distance records more accurate than my odometer readings taken before and after borrower returned car. Difference is vast like 842km and 446km, loss of earnings to compensate the wear and tear of my auto parts.
Thanking in advance for any constructive comments please.

Mathew D.
Mathew D.
Moy J.
Moy J.

I doubt Mathew D. will be able to resolve anything given his account was just created yesterday hahaha

Scammer Car Next Door
Scammer Car Next Door asked
Car Next Door

Why does Car Next Door want to steal customer’s own fuel money? I am a victim please answer.

Car Next Door TeamCar Next DoorSend a private message

My OWN fuel tax invoice says the same amount you are accusing me of owing :)
Hello scammer. Thanks for falling in the trap to answer this question. Screenshot as evidence THANKS!

Danni K.
Danni K.asked
Car Next Door Car Renter

Hi all, May sound like a silly question.But I'm trying to figure out..... The exact location of the car is told to me when? If I'm landing at Coolanagatta airport, do I look around on website for cars closest to airport then get myself in an uber or taxi to the exact car location? Thank you in advance-Rookie!

John
John

Just grab a taxi or Uber

Run away from car next door. Long term, more money loss to car next door than taxis.

Karenasked
Car Next Door Car Renter

If they take your credit card number at the point of renting, then why do they do a Credit check and put a black mark on your Credit file. By way of example (pre-Covid) if I went on an overseas trip and stayed at multiple hotels I would give them all my credit card details upfront. Not once in literally years of travel have I ever had a hotel do a credit check, it is the same thing. You can not give the argument that I might trash the car, my argument is that you are trashing my credit file. When I walk into a supermarket they do not do a credit check, when I bid at an auction for something or a house auction, they do not do a credit check. If my account is fully paid in advance with credit card details then how is Car Next Door providing credit, and if so then are they licensed to provide credit, if they are not licensed then how can they put a black mark on my credit file. If you are licensed what is your Australian Credit License details with ASIC.

As an observation I honestly get the concept, but for ease I will go with a mainstream rental company next time.

Karen

If you are providing credit, then what is your Australian Credit License details with ASIC ?

Janiceasked
Car Next Door

Has anyone hired a car from Michael in Medina?
Reviews for him are really good
BUT company reviews aren't.

There are none from Perth, is there anyone from here that can give me one?

Jim
Jim

RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM CAR NEXT DOOR

Janiceasked
Car Next Door

I am concerned about all the negative reviews and the way they're redirected back to the person with the issue. Main concern is that poor customer service is repeatedly mentioned as an issue.
I haven't seen any reviews from WA, I live in Perth. Can you fwd some please? Janice

Tom L
Tom L
Mali
Maliasked
Car Next Door

I've seen a lot of questions talking about a credit application. Now I don't understand why a credit application needs to be filed when borrowing a car; if I pay a deposit that exceeds the total cost of the trip (and then subsequently refunded the difference) how is that me borrowing money? This is the one thing that's making me hesitant to use this service.

Kartik M.
Kartik M.
Arnie
Arnieasked
Car Next Door Car Owner

I was seriously considering renting my car out on this platform. However, I noticed that not a single 5-star owner review has been published this year, and only one 4-star one too. As a car owner, it is rather terrifying to see how positively this service is portrayed for owners on your website and advertising, yet for your customer service to them being so bad. Note the fact that you have to spend so much time explaining the same policy to owners, such as how batteries being depleted by borrowers or internal window switches being broken count as 'wear and tear'. These are nothing but intentional damage, yet you are allowing this policy to continue which is heavily discouraging owners from continuing or starting to share their car. It is surprising that for these sorts of issues you have not changed your policy and make it so difficult for the car owner to prove it was the owner's fault. If nothing else, at least the borrower should be forced to be liable for half the cost of such 'wear and tear' to heavily discourage them from not caring for the vehicle. I am genuinely saddened that such a promising start up has become so poorly managed that only owners of cars barely worth $3-4k could really considering hiring them out here, as there are many nice cars sitting around that owners would love to share and borrowers would love to borrow. I am genuinely interested to know what your actual plan for improving CarNextDoor is, because until then I will manage without the potential for extra income.

Dominic
Dominic

Don’t bother with this company, have tried to deal with their so-called ‘customer service’ for a month as a borrower and it’s just non-existent. Such a poor customer service culture in this company.

CNDnotimpressed
CNDnotimpressed

As above. It might work well for a while but you will get a bad renter who will wipe out any money you have made and car next door will not be interested in you anymore.

Dail C.
Dail C.asked
Car Next Door Car Renter

I have just signed up and I found the process quick and easy. I was approved withing 30 minutes, if that. But after reading these reviews, I'm not sure I want to use the service. I think I will delete my information and account. I'm disappointed to read those reviews.

Bernard
Bernard

I won’t be using again

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

So not a question obviously

Debra
Debra

Do not go near them.

Damian S
Damian Sasked
Car Next Door

Dear Car Next Door . Someone need responsibly for this damaged .  We make it simple to understand this 1 picture prove my bumper no damaged pick by Samuel and Kevin ( pick up and drop by Samuel before Kevin and next day hire by kevin , pick up by Kevin ) and another picture prove damaged picture ( on trip ) by Kevin  so ??? who’s responsible? me ? Car Next Door pass the responsible on me . Request for picture , [Personal Details Removed] Damian Susantio ( 2 years member Car Next Door for owner and have 4 car to hire )

Fairtrading Report

Gavinasked
Car Next Door Car Renter

So when I book a car with your service, it should be where it will be with 15 minutes notice right?
And if some random dude called James sends you a text message saying Please contact James for access to the garage to your phone without any mention of car next door, you expect it might be someone who should have the right to give out your phone number, like a real estate agent you work with... though they would identify themselves and how they got your number.
But that’s not how it works at CarNextDoor, right? You just give the customers phone number to the car owner and tell the car owner to sort it out for himself.
Is this how the service normally works? You’ve told me as such in an email and sent me the evidence to confirm that this is how you do business. I’d just like to know if this is standard so when/if the topic of CarNextDoor comes up in conversation, I can say , well, it works like this,... they take your money and promise you the car at the time on the day. But that’s where they step off. After that, someone will probably contact you, as they’ve been given your phone number buy CarNextDoor, and tell you who to contact about accessing some garage without identifying themselves as having something to do with car next door. This is how you do things, right?
Then, after submitting a complaint, be obviously the whole thing went belly up and there was not car available at the GPS sport with the key safe lock as advised by CarNextDoorr, but two long customer service phone calls, the first telling you to go to a building reception at Breakfree on another street to get the keys as James (who’s James?) has left the keys at reception for you. Reception is a French lady, says,..” Keys? James? I know nothing about such thing?...CarNextDoor customer service again, ... after 10 minutes on hold. Oh, were very sorry sir, that car is not available today. You’d give up with this service there and then and tell all your mates not to go near it. But you guys think you’re doing great and offer a $40 voucher for my (never going to happen) next trip.
Then I get messages from CarNextDoor today telling me I was wrong cause some random guy called James, who identified himself only as James or to contact James and no mention of the car hire of CarNextDoor had given him my mobile number outside of the system sent me messages (that you hilariously sent me screenshots of) saying contact James to access garage. Who the heck is James and what garage? I knew, James must be the loading dock manager for the building where I’m having some furniture moved tomorrow. So I contact the building manager. No worries... all going to plans.
But how did you... CarNextDoor, get from this complete mess up, that massively inconvenienced me and ended up costing me a lot of money to sort out at the last minute, how, seriously, hoooooooow, do you have the intellectual capacity to think it’s a good idea to try put the fault back on me? It is so beyond rational, never mind good customer service, it’s shocking and hilarious at the same time. How is Car Next Door going to make these random text messages without identification to car renters, light and actually explanatory. How is Car Next Door going to get an in house messaging service in place so that all messages and conversations can be tracked. And how will Car Next Door not take peoples money while providing no service? Some serious questions to answer and some serious soul searching to do. How will you, the brave consumer, try car next door, which is vaguely cheaper than a proper car hire company, be brave enough to take this chance?

B Jensen
B Jensen

This is not a question, it’s a rant / complaint. Please don’t start a sentence with ‘SO’.

Yilmaz Izdes
Yilmaz Izdesasked
Car Next Door

how can I generate lockbox code?

simonasked
Car Next Door

Ive been told that Car Next Door Owners have fleets of cars ( up to thirty) that they rent. So rather than living "next door" they live elsewhere and the cars take rare inner city parking spots. Given the rather high number of renters claiming that the vehicle they hired was damaged after it was returned, is it possible that frustrated residents are systematically damaging the cars? Don't you think the owners should actually live " next door" and sign out the car on hire and return to prevent disputes about damage and to prevent fleet owners abusing the concept?

Jaysee
Jaysee
Anonymous
Anonymousasked
Car Next Door

How can I contact the damage team? I was promised a call back, and an email back and I have been hung up on and I still have no way to talk to anyone from the damage team. I have been told they don't have a phone number!? Please help!!

Arthur k
Arthur kasked
Car Next Door

Hi, what happens in the event that I hire a car and am driving out in the country and the car or rather the vehicle breaks down, do the vehicles hired, have road insurance?

Kate T.Car Next DoorSend a private message