Car Next Door

Car Next Door (page 2 of 67)

Car Renter, Car Owner
3.9 from 1,327 reviews

• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle
    • No, I received a worse vehicle (35)
    • No, I received a better vehicle (5)

NatalieSydney, NSW

Absolutely worst company I have ever dealt with

Jay Y

Jay YGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service: irresponsible, dodgy, just wants money

Useless company

I have been trying to get some answers from this company and they won't respond to my emails!! This is their response to a simple question I have asked:

"Thanks for getting in touch. Our team is pretty busy right now, we'll get back to you as soon as we can."

That was a week ago and still no response???

-chris

jima

jimaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Office Staff Wreck Experience

Wiebi

WiebiSydney, NSW

Dissapointing experience

If you would like to have a great customer experience stay away from car next door. The company does not take any ownership and tries to pass on any responsibility to the borrower. Car key on pick up was male functioning. Three weeks later I receive an email to pay for the car key as it's the borrowers responsibility. Very disappointed with the experience and certainly will NOT recommend to a friend or client.

Lara S.

Lara S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

1 hour later, still no van ! And on hold !

We booked a van for 3.30, it is now 4.30 and we have been on hold for 1 hour on the 'customer service ' line for an urgent inquiry. It's ruined our moving plans for today. Don't use this service! Terrible !

JamesSydney, NSW

Biggest mistake ever! Never again! Who pays $400 for 1 day!

We rented a van not less than 24 hours and we were charged a day and 1 hour. Then we're told by the owner that the lock box was stuck onto the window, this box flew off and made us pay $190. So many processing fees plus the kms. Long story short, we own a small business and every week we hire a van, which in this case from Bunnings. A whole day is normally $120 including petrol, yey to Bunnings. Then one day we thought to try Car Next Door. We got screwed for over $400 for 1 day!! And the worse part is they just take it from your credit card. Yes, here's the photos.

Vehicle TypeVan
D.MOR

D.MORSydney, NSW

Be very careful of this company!!

Be very careful to get accurate photos. I did not and they took money directly from my account without my authorization. I was charged for damage the previous hirer of the vehicle made. Despite many emails fighting my case I was unsuccessful and was made to pay $2,000. I would NOT recommend using this company.

Tan

TanSydney, NSW

Dreadful

Do not use this service. On using it the first time I am now being accountable for damage that I didn't do because I didn't take a photo of the whole back bumper bar.

Find out how Car Next Door compares to other Services

Easy to get started. It's really helpful. When you're moving it's really easy with the car next door. Thank you CND

Easy to set up
Cheeper than most rental companies if you planned you trip correctly ( with distance cost)
Instant key option is perfect.
Even better if we can drop off cars in a different location.

Vehicle TypeIveco Daily Van

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good concept

It's good to be able to just hire a car for when you need it and the price is competitive.
Everytime I will need a car, I will look it up on your app!

Sandra

SandraSydney, NSW

Poor service and no transparency with all charges

I was just on a chat with Nick and he shut down the chat when he got tired of trying to help me. Terrible service and my credit card was overcharged and Nick couldn't explain why.

Vehicle TypeVan

10 times better than car rental companies

customer service is good and responsive. payment reasonable, vehicle as expected, used a SUV easy to drive no problem at all. insurance was worth it too. highly recommend to anyone else who likes to rent cars.

Tim WSydney, NSW

Pathetic

Tried to sign up for the service but was told my application had been declined and their policy is "not to advise the specific reason".

I've hired plenty of cars from Avis, Hertz etc. and have an excellent credit rating and driving history so they obviously don't need the business.

Tim W

I wouldn't waste my time nor would I recommend anyone I know waste their time trying to sign up.

I've hired a van from Bunnings !!!!

chloeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer Service is getting worse!

Tomlouis22

Tomlouis22Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Charged for damage worsened by other renters

Vehicle TypeSubaru Forester

Easy!

I am a super happy renter, it’s easy to use and always fresh cars that matches the description. I got a speeding ticket once but it was a smooth process to receive the payment and it didn’t give me any warnings in the system.

Customer, attention!

abhishek p.

abhishek p.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst experience

Vehicle TypeFord falcon
MichaelCar Next Door

Really convenient and pretty easy to use.

It’s actually pretty ingenious. I’ve been using GoGet and I like it, but this seems easier - accessing vehicles closer to home, with a large degree of flexibility so you can easily change the hire details in the lead up to the hire if required.

The first time I used the app it took me a while to figure out the process, but it all makes sense and by the time I returned the van the second time I hired, it all felt very straightforward.

This has become my new go-to option. Very happy with it.

Yilmaz Izdes

Yilmaz Izdesasked

how can I generate lockbox code?

Hi Yilmaz,

In the app, select the trip and tap on Get help > Generate lockbox code.
OR
In the Website, log in > Cars >Open lockbox > your lockbox code will be generated.

You can also contact us at https://www.carnextdoor.com.au/help_requests/new if you are having trouble or visit our Help Centre: https://support.carnextdoor.com.au/hc/en-gb/

Cheers

simonasked

Ive been told that Car Next Door Owners have fleets of cars ( up to thirty) that they rent. So rather than living "next door" they live elsewhere and the cars take rare inner city parking spots. Given the rather high number of renters claiming that the vehicle they hired was damaged after it was returned, is it possible that frustrated residents are systematically damaging the cars? Don't you think the owners should actually live " next door" and sign out the car on hire and return to prevent disputes about damage and to prevent fleet owners abusing the concept?

Jaysee
Jaysee

I'm sorry Simon, I have no idea. I rented a van that was close to my daughter's apartment, that was my main criteria. I left it in a 2 hour parking zone, which the owner then went to to sort out the parking. I assume that means he lived very close to the drop off point. Living in an inner city area means you regularly can't actually park very near you home.

simon

Thanks Jaysee. No doubt some owners live locally and legitimately rent there car which is fine and a good idea. Also in this instance it would be possible to inspect the car with the owner so when you left you get no unpleasant surprises which a lot of renters seem to get when damage is attributed to them. My point was about people with multiple cars leveraging the concept to the detriment of locals. Additionally most hirers are told to leave the car in areas with no parking restrictions.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

How can I contact the damage team? I was promised a call back, and an email back and I have been hung up on and I still have no way to talk to anyone from the damage team. I have been told they don't have a phone number!? Please help!!

Get an answer from our members and Car Next Door representatives