Car Next Door

Car Next Door (page 2 of 65)

Car Renter, Car Owner
4.0 from 1,289 reviews

• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle
    • No, I received a worse vehicle (34)
    • No, I received a better vehicle (5)

OppyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I was overcharged plus CAR was filthy outside

The was comfortable clean inside but dirty outside because it was parked under a tree when I collected it - plus I believe I was overcharged $50 still waiting for a response from my email enquiry

Oppy

Hi Micheal I did go and log in to see full costs but it was one amount so back to my issue I don’t know what the extra charges are for - so are u saying I’ll get Compensation for a dirty car ?

Rafael

RafaelSydney, NSW

This is perfect, tks

The best way to make some extra money , brilliant idea, always looking after the owners and hope the borrowers enjoy riding my car . Thanks car next door for the opportunity.

Kate B.

Kate B.

Flawless experience every time

I've borrowed cars with Car Next Door quite a few times and it's been really handy. I book cars, follow the instructions, go about my day, then return each car as clean as I found it, with some petrol in the tank.

My biggest tip: Take A LOT of photos of the car before you start a trip. Once an owner claimed that I dinged their car, but my photos showed the scratch was already there. The people at Car Next Door then went through the photos they have on file and found out when the scratch actually happened.

Vehicle TypeBMW 4 Series
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Car next door app dosnt work well

I couldnt upload photos to the app. This is a known problem and hasnt been fixed. I couldnt generate the lockbox code through the app. I tried through the website but cant regenerate code once trip is in progress. Actual service is great but needs the app to work.

Kardie

KardieSydney, NSW

Absolutely great company.

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

CND work above and beyond to ensure all parties are taken care of

CND have never let me down once. They work tirelessly to ensure everything runs smoothly. Always checking that I am happy with outcomes and with my owner experience. If a driver lets me down by incurring a speeding fine, minor scrape or returns the car without fuel they attend to the issue immediately. Even providing financial compensation for the inconvenience.

Rowan -.

Rowan -.South East Queensland, QLD

Great use of a car that has spare time sitting on the street

What a great way for our local community to use a under utilised vehicle. Thankfully the community of users is a great bunch of like minded people who get it and respect the platform and other peoples property.

Jesse P.

Jesse P.

Car Next Door look after the Owner's of the Car's and make then fill good to be able to put there car's on for Rent. I like car next door.

Dawn

DawnSydney, NSW

Very Disappointed - USER BEWARE

ChnigyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One star is too high a rating for this scheme!

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

BUYER BEWARE-1 star is still too much

Vehicle TypeHyundai iLoad TQ-V (2008-Present)
WTff
WTff

Still waitingGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overcharged and Refunds yet to be issued

Whilst the vehicle hire was excellent, I was overcharged more than $110 for the distance charge and was not reimbursed for the petrol that I put into the car. There is no dispute on the distance traveled or the petrol purchased, but after 2 weeks I am still waiting for a full refund.

Vehicle TypePeople mover

AshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Listing car rejected with no reason, to why.

I signed up to get my car listed. I read all the conditions and complied with them before applying. Only to have application rejected and they emailed me with a lame excuse that they don't give a reason why. Totally unprofessional, and they should review their process to ensure transparency, yet I get phone calls from the company asking me that they want to list my car, hmmm

Ash

I would have appreciated an actual answer to why, rather than some long winded generated reply which actually tells you nothing.

Wrong accusations for damage not done by you.

Horrible Customer Service

I enlisted my car to be rented through Car Next Door. Having missed their call for installation, I returned their call the following day. Wait times are ridiculous, waited 22 mins after being told the wait time was 2 mins. Their Online Chat platform is useless, they are unable to answer questions and they just redirected me to requested a call back from the call center. They never called. I completely agree with other reviews on here and my biggest concern would be their ability as a company to followup and resolve any disputes. They obviously don't have enough staff to deal. Have decided not to use Car Next Door to rent my car. Thanks to other for reviews as I feel they have helped me avoid a big mistake.

Eugene H.

Eugene H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Posted 2 negative reviews for borrowers but CarNextDoor refused to publish them!

I am a car owner who is currently listing on Car Next Door. After 2 separate bookings, I gave negative reviews as one of the borrower returned my car filled with pet hairs whilst the other borrower returned the car very dirty externally with the car covered in dust. Despite my reviews being factual and courteous, CND decided not to publish my reviews. How are you suppose to keep your platform working with integrity and honesty if honest reviews from car owners are not published to warn other car owners???

Be aware, shocking company

After hiring a car with car next door they wrongly accused myself of incurring damage to the car.
The car was a 20 year old ute and there was a supposed dent put in the bumper of the car that would cost $250 to fix.
Car Next Door responded with a quotation of $1,400 (car wouldn't have been worth that) and have now registered the debt on my credit file.
There is no dispute process with Car Next Door, they are useless and couldn't care less.
The problem with their system is the cars are parked roadside and could incur damage from any passing cars however if you are the last person to rent the car they will blame you for the damage.
Be aware, stay clear!

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle
Edmund B.
Edmund B.

Matthew

MatthewHunter Region, NSW

Great service. Great for the environment

Car Next Door is great! It is cost-effective, easy to use and convenient. Reducing my footprint is important for future generations... Car Next Door is a small way I can do that each week. Cheers, great service!

Holly J.

Holly J.

Love the idea of car sharing but the staff were unhelpful

- Took ages to resolve a dispute
- Staff are generic and I felt condescended to
- No response to my complaints via email and social media
Left me feeling pretty disappointed - great concept but I wish this company had good customer service!

MichaelCar Next Door

I'm really sorry to hear that the service you received wasn't up to scratch. I will DM you now so that I can get some details from you in order to review the calls and emails and conduct any necessary training with the agent who you spoke with.

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely shocking

The process to verify took 3 days, with no reasoning on the delay. Two emails sent within one minute apart; one saying account has been approved but the booking is not available. Second one, saying $200 has been withdrawn from my account for the said booking. The customer service officer was awful and unfriendly. I will never use this service, especially after reading the other reviews.

MichaelCar Next Door

I'm really sorry to hear that the service you received wasn't up to scratch. I will DM you now so that I can review the calls and emails and conduct any necessary training with the agent who you spoke with.

Yilmaz Izdes

Yilmaz Izdesasked

how can I generate lockbox code?

Hi Yilmaz,

In the app, select the trip and tap on Get help > Generate lockbox code.
OR
In the Website, log in > Cars >Open lockbox > your lockbox code will be generated.

You can also contact us at https://www.carnextdoor.com.au/help_requests/new if you are having trouble or visit our Help Centre: https://support.carnextdoor.com.au/hc/en-gb/

Cheers

simonasked

Ive been told that Car Next Door Owners have fleets of cars ( up to thirty) that they rent. So rather than living "next door" they live elsewhere and the cars take rare inner city parking spots. Given the rather high number of renters claiming that the vehicle they hired was damaged after it was returned, is it possible that frustrated residents are systematically damaging the cars? Don't you think the owners should actually live " next door" and sign out the car on hire and return to prevent disputes about damage and to prevent fleet owners abusing the concept?

Jaysee
Jaysee

I'm sorry Simon, I have no idea. I rented a van that was close to my daughter's apartment, that was my main criteria. I left it in a 2 hour parking zone, which the owner then went to to sort out the parking. I assume that means he lived very close to the drop off point. Living in an inner city area means you regularly can't actually park very near you home.

simon

Thanks Jaysee. No doubt some owners live locally and legitimately rent there car which is fine and a good idea. Also in this instance it would be possible to inspect the car with the owner so when you left you get no unpleasant surprises which a lot of renters seem to get when damage is attributed to them. My point was about people with multiple cars leveraging the concept to the detriment of locals. Additionally most hirers are told to leave the car in areas with no parking restrictions.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

How can I contact the damage team? I was promised a call back, and an email back and I have been hung up on and I still have no way to talk to anyone from the damage team. I have been told they don't have a phone number!? Please help!!

Get an answer from our members and Car Next Door representatives