Car Next Door

Car Next Door (page 3 of 67)

Car Renter, Car Owner
3.9 from 1,333 reviews

• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle
    • No, I received a worse vehicle (36)
    • No, I received a better vehicle (5)

chloeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer Service is getting worse!

Tomlouis22

Tomlouis22Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Charged for damage worsened by other renters

Easy!

I am a super happy renter, it’s easy to use and always fresh cars that matches the description. I got a speeding ticket once but it was a smooth process to receive the payment and it didn’t give me any warnings in the system.

Customer, attention!

abhishek p.

abhishek p.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst experience

MichaelCar Next Door

Really convenient and pretty easy to use.

It’s actually pretty ingenious. I’ve been using GoGet and I like it, but this seems easier - accessing vehicles closer to home, with a large degree of flexibility so you can easily change the hire details in the lead up to the hire if required.

The first time I used the app it took me a while to figure out the process, but it all makes sense and by the time I returned the van the second time I hired, it all felt very straightforward.

This has become my new go-to option. Very happy with it.

Review collected in partnership with Car Next Door

So easy. Saved me so much. Great for shifting house.

I hired two different vans over a weekend to shift house and pick up a couch. Both experiences were seamless. The app was intuitive and instructions were clear. I’ve recommended the service to many people and will definitely use again!

lamster

lamsterSydney, NSW

Easy to use

For a renter the service is very easy to use. The process of hiring the car does require you to take photos bit that is quite good as it proves the condition of the car if there is any dispute. If you are an occasional car user it is cheaper generally than owning a car.

Jon OGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible experience. More stress than it's worth

Ian

Waste of time - no service

On hold for ages, requesting multiple versions of many documents, all to finally be declined an account with a policy to not tell the customer why the application was declined.

I'm in a great financial standing with no history of any wrongdoing, and would be an extremely low risk to the company. And that's fine - any company should be able to choose whether or not to accept an application. It's just rude to refuse any information after wasting so much of somebody's time.

Any company with so little service or transparency surely does not deserve anyone else's time or money.

Ian

If I had any feedback about why it was declined, I might spend the time to try it again. But I will continue with a competitor now.

Amazing business idea and works perfectly. Can't Live without it

Just an amazing innovation, great for both parties and really helps in life. Could not live without this product now. Hope it stays around and grows forever staying affordable for people.

Jordan B.

Jordan B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Idea, Great service.

Great customer service, no issues what so ever. Car was as specified each time, pick up/drop offs went perfectly. Everything is explained extremely well and all the tools provided will answer any and all questions you may have.

Owain

OwainGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute rip of! Make sure you read all the charges

Initial price quoted is a lot less than you will actually be paying. Price per km is way to high! Make sure you work this out if doing a long journey! Will not be using them again!

Car Next door is ideal

Being a pensioner CND is an ideal way to achieve that extra income from an asset that is only used when necessary. CND are very helpful and pay on time

Review collected in partnership with Car Next Door

Easy to use with cleari instructions

I'm currently housesitting and just need a car occasionally so this works great for me. Easy to use app and I like the option to lower the insurance excess. Cars have been clean and reliable.

Dean C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Charged $756.80 for a faultly door handle on a 20 year old car.

Started debiting my account for a faulty door handle that happened on my trip. I was definitely using it whilst it happened, but as I tried to put something in the back seats, I opened the door and the handle fell off (the car is 19 years old that I was using and the other side door wouldn't open) and the attached invoice is they wanted to repair the amount.

I received a poorer vehicle than I expected but I was so desperately in need of a vehicle because I had work to do and a few errands to run and was tight on time.

Won't be using them again, customer service shocking, damage quotes shocking, company is just out to hustle money, absolute wasters.

Dean C.

Already done so, your representatives believe I'm responsible even if you're car repair man thinks otherwise.

Ses

SesSydney, NSW

Terrible and frustrating experience

MichaelCar Next Door

You don't know what you are renting & no control for the damage repairing.

Joe
Joe
Catherine

CatherineSydney, NSW

EASY AS 1,2,3 !

Stacey

Stacey

Pretty annoying poor service!

I use to like Car Next Door until I paid of a small payment I was involved in an incident for. The culprit ending up paying more than myself as they was at fault. Once I paid off my side, Car Next Door refuses to let me borrow cars again. They should advertise themselves as “if you’re in a prang whether it’s your fault or not, you’re banned from using cars.” Also a very unhealthy way to treat your customers like that! Prangs are bound to happen..

Yilmaz Izdes

Yilmaz Izdesasked

Car Next Door

how can I generate lockbox code?

Hi Yilmaz,

In the app, select the trip and tap on Get help > Generate lockbox code.
OR
In the Website, log in > Cars >Open lockbox > your lockbox code will be generated.

You can also contact us at https://www.carnextdoor.com.au/help_requests/new if you are having trouble or visit our Help Centre: https://support.carnextdoor.com.au/hc/en-gb/

Cheers

simonasked

Car Next Door

Ive been told that Car Next Door Owners have fleets of cars ( up to thirty) that they rent. So rather than living "next door" they live elsewhere and the cars take rare inner city parking spots. Given the rather high number of renters claiming that the vehicle they hired was damaged after it was returned, is it possible that frustrated residents are systematically damaging the cars? Don't you think the owners should actually live " next door" and sign out the car on hire and return to prevent disputes about damage and to prevent fleet owners abusing the concept?

Jaysee
Jaysee

I'm sorry Simon, I have no idea. I rented a van that was close to my daughter's apartment, that was my main criteria. I left it in a 2 hour parking zone, which the owner then went to to sort out the parking. I assume that means he lived very close to the drop off point. Living in an inner city area means you regularly can't actually park very near you home.

simon

Thanks Jaysee. No doubt some owners live locally and legitimately rent there car which is fine and a good idea. Also in this instance it would be possible to inspect the car with the owner so when you left you get no unpleasant surprises which a lot of renters seem to get when damage is attributed to them. My point was about people with multiple cars leveraging the concept to the detriment of locals. Additionally most hirers are told to leave the car in areas with no parking restrictions.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

Car Next Door

How can I contact the damage team? I was promised a call back, and an email back and I have been hung up on and I still have no way to talk to anyone from the damage team. I have been told they don't have a phone number!? Please help!!

Get an answer from our members and Car Next Door representatives