Car Stereo Kenwood DDX9019DABS

Car Stereo Kenwood DDX9019DABS

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Kenwood Car Audio Australia

2.4

So many drop outs and freezes, kenwood support completely ignores tickets

Purchased in October 2020 at Bankstown Sound & Marine for $1,250.00.

Sam
Sam

Wifi on my Ddx9020dabs always disconnect from my phone .

Bought a Kenwood ddx9020dabs , every time I’m on my phone , the wifi on the unit always disconnects automatically, so annoying !!!!!!!!!!
How do I resolve this problem? I have the latest updates on both phone and head unit . Should of bought Alpine !!!!!!

Purchased in August 2021 for $1,100.00.

Jim B.
Jim B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great head unit with small bugs and issues

Got this unit 2yrs ago and was happy with the sound options you get with it but I have found the screen is very sensitive when it's touched. It has cracked in the heat and when I cleaned it with a cloth. The heat outside was only 25 and you can't find screen protectors anywhere.

The Android app was hit and miss but I've updated the software so will see how we go.

Purchased in February 2019 at Auto barn for $1,200.00.

Great sound

Had it for two years now. fitted in a Toyata Kluger with up graded focal speakers. Great system and DAB works fine although I think DAB is over rated. Phone is good although my phone book is out of sinc and doesnt show all the numbers on my phone. voice control does not seem to work it keeps telling me its ready and then nothing. I think it may need setting up again. Wireless Android auto works well. Still very happy with it compared to the stock Toyota crap that it replaced. The sound is very high quality and you get what you pay for. I would suggest fitting high end speakers like focal to get the best out of it as stock speakers are often cheap quality.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,200.00.

Daniel C.
Daniel C.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible product.

Read the YouTube reviews on all the kewood range headunits, the issues are similar across the board.
The digital radio cuts in and out and Kenwood cannot fix that. It's DAB issue.
The screen mirroring application is so out of date that no recent phone in 4 years can connect.
The Google voice assistant does not work.
The HEMA maps are for international only.
If you're in Australia do not buy this product, send Kenwood a message and stay clear.
They haven't updated the support for this product and for over $1000 the only part of this unit that works is the cd tray and standard radio.. don't make the mistake of spending $1000 on something that a Supercheap $80 special will do.

Purchased in August 2020 for $1,100.00.

Joe
Joe

Kenwood Head Unit DDX9020DABS

Purchased in July 2020 at Autobarn for $996.00.

Jason J.Kenwood Car Audio Australia

Hi Joe, Thank you very much for your review!

Kenwood ddx9019dabs

Great picture great sound especially when you use hi res audio the 24bit 96 khz stuff like flac is mindblowing, eq good, the dsp very good, the time alignment a bit tricky i thought it sounded better off,all the sound enhancers didnt do anything for me, sounds better with them off,a lot of other feature i just dont use overall great not cheap but good products come with a cost

Jason J.Kenwood Car Audio Australia

Hi Jjj, thanks very much for your review! Time alignment can be tricky and is set to the individuals tastes and position. I'm still trying to find the right settings for me too,

Jjj
Jjj

Yes it has taken some time to work the TA out e it sound good when u do

G Man
G Man

720p WHAT A JOKE

What an absolute joke these screens are classed as “HD”. THEY ARE 720p!! In 2020 they should at least be 1080p for the the $1k they are charging, bloody ridiculous!!!

You do not and I repeat that, do not get your value for money with these systems!!

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,099.00.

Andre C.
Andre C.Sydney, NSW

kenwood disappointment

i brought this stereo when it was first released from extreme car audio blacktown from the first day i had problems with the digital radio reception
the factory toyota unit had digital radio and no problems, i think kenwoods radio reciever is just inferior, and now the bluetooth music is staring to cut in and out
ive taken the radio back to extreme and they contacted kenwood reps and nothing
i asked for a replacement unit or money back and nothing
take your hard earned money and research before purchasing
now going to call consumer affairs
lesson learnt!!!

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,100.00.

Darren Gabbe
Darren GabbeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Digital rubbish

They call it dabs for the digital radio. Digital Audio Broadcasting System. Dabs works great if you use a secondary app off the phone. My digital radio drops out constantly. Also when bluetoothing music from my phone it "mutes" in the middle of a song. Though it isn't actually muted. The song is still playing but you can't hear it. If I jump it to the next song it's ok. Not that good when everyone is getting into a song and it just cuts out. $1500+ with installation wasted on this junk. Never buying Kenwood again

Purchased in November 2018 at Autobarn for $1,299.00.

Terry B
Terry BSydney, NSW

Way overpriced and no support

pipingmad
pipingmadAU

Still needs a lot of development

Purchased in March 2019 at Autobarn for $1,199.00.

Seyhan Isen
Seyhan IsenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent multimedia headunit

Amazing screen, very responsive, great sound range and quality with loads of settings this head unit has it all. DVD player HDMI input digital radio rear camera input also dash camera input. You can even buy an add on that gives your car blind spot monitoring! And dont forget wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This is nuts.

Mark P.
Mark P.asked

I've always used Android Auto wirelessly with my ddx9019dabs and it's been working pretty good. The last couple of months however my phone calls have been breaking up through the head unit but working fine when using my phone on loud speaker. Is there a solution for this?

PJM
PJMasked

Can you please let me know why my Kenwood DDX9019DABS media player will not display Track names when using the CD Player. I have tried Multiple CD's and while they all play, no track names ever come up, only the song number. The System is not in Demo mode and is playing in the correct mode. I have also switched to the correct setting on the remote for playing CD's but still no joy!

Dave
Dave asked

Hi I have a Kenwood DDX9019DABS
I’ve done the new firmware upgrades.
What I’ve noticed is when passing under or near high voltage power lines CarPlay disconnects and sometimes radio shuts down?
We also have DDX8019DABS and does same thing?
Please help!