Car Stereo Kenwood DDX9019DABS

Listing monitored by Kenwood Car Audio Australia

8 questions from our users

Mark P.
Mark P.asked

I've always used Android Auto wirelessly with my ddx9019dabs and it's been working pretty good. The last couple of months however my phone calls have been breaking up through the head unit but working fine when using my phone on loud speaker. Is there a solution for this?

PJM
PJMasked

Can you please let me know why my Kenwood DDX9019DABS media player will not display Track names when using the CD Player. I have tried Multiple CD's and while they all play, no track names ever come up, only the song number. The System is not in Demo mode and is playing in the correct mode. I have also switched to the correct setting on the remote for playing CD's but still no joy!

Dave
Dave asked

Hi I have a Kenwood DDX9019DABS
I’ve done the new firmware upgrades.
What I’ve noticed is when passing under or near high voltage power lines CarPlay disconnects and sometimes radio shuts down?
We also have DDX8019DABS and does same thing?
Please help!

Sunny1
Sunny1asked

Have a 3 month old DDX9020DABS. One of the USBs has stopped working. Is this a common problem? Is there any easier fix then sending the whole unit back to Kenwood?
Also my rear camera only works when in reverse. Not when I push the camera button. The reverse camera menu is not available- any tricks to fixing this?

John A
John Aasked

I have a 9019dab plus a KCA-WL100 I have connected it all up no problems, I have an iPhone XR I’m now trying to connect via wireless mirroring but it’s impossible my son has a Samsung no problems connecting, am I right in thinking the iPhone won’t work or am I doing something wrong

Daniel C.
Daniel C.

I'm not sure about that model, sorry I can't be of assistance.
I had to buy a third party aerial and bolt it to my car exterior for the DAB to work. And my Samsung will not mirror properly. I can get it to connect but the unit requires a signal from the hand brake to function, so whilst driving in motion you cannot change any music. Somedays the unit just disconnects my phone. I had to spend $800 for a GPS module to get the GPS to work..

I still do not recommended this Kenwood unit AT ALL.

Danny D.asked

DDX9019DABS Apple car play i can receive call s even here them talk but when i response back they cant hear me at all

Joe
Joe

So Siri/Google Assistant can hear you fine? If not then check the mic cable is plugged in properly. Mine works flawlessly.

Danny D.

Yes removed head unit and install mic again still doing the same thing

It was working great

Nicholas R.asked

Does anyone have any issue with the gps accuracy with apple car play ? both apple and google maps shows me 10m or more from my car when driving!

Kenwood Car Audio Australia
Jason J.Kenwood Car Audio Australia

Hi Nicolas, generally inaccuracies with CarPlay are resolved during iOS updates on the iPhone. You can also try a hard reset, doing so can clear any intermittent or cache issues similar to this. Rest instructions are available here https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201559 for troubleshooting please contact our customer service team on 02 8879 2211 or email svcdept@jvckenwood,com.au

Thanks Jason .
Issue has been fixed

Kenneth F.
Kenneth F.asked

DDX9019DABS - How do you turn off the radios, AM/FM and DABS? Each radio screen has a mute button, but this mutes all audio even phone and navigation instructions. Why make the radio with no off button? That's crazy.

Seyhan Isen
Seyhan Isen

Just have the volume all the way down, the phone has a different volume when in the call, if I want no audio I drive with maps on CarPlay with the audio all the way down. You can also hold down Home button to turn off the unit altogether.

Get an answer from our members and Kenwood Car Audio Australia representatives