Car Trawler

• Received Booked Vehicle
Edwin

EdwinSouth East Queensland, QLD

SCAM!!!!

I had the same problem, SCAM!!!! Don’t Use Them. Advertises in AUD and then charges you in USD! They have an app named carental 24h, totally scam... I also received a different car...

Ivo M.

Ivo M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

SCAM ARTISTS!!!! Don’t Use Them!!

Do not go through cartrawler/carngo if you are hiring from Australia!!! They will rip you off!!!!!! Advertises in AUD and then charges you in USD! Later also found out that extra insurance through CarTrawler/CarNGo won’t even work if you get into an accident! Absolute trash website! Tried contacting on numerous occasions attempting to explain but constantly got responses from different people not understanding a simple explanation. If you want to hire a car, go straight through the rental company’s site, not through these pathetic scam artists.

Car Trawler rip off

Car was booked and then cancelled within the cancelation policy criteria.
The balance of the booking was still taken from my credit card after the booking was cancelled. a refund was promised but 3 months later and no refund. There is no way to contact the company. definitely FRAUD

Lawrie C

Lawrie CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rip-off - DON'T USE THEM

Booked airport transfer with them in Mexico city. When I cancelled as per T&Cs was promised & entitled to a full refund. Did received several email replies but never received my money. DON'T USE THEM

Rip Off

This business is an absolute disgrace. If I was Jetstar, I would drop them fast as a blight on their business. Refused to refund my money after producing a valid license at Alamo, who didn’t accept my NSW license. No warning, just took my money. Stay away

MacB

MacBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't be another customer skinned!

Paid out of Australia for a car rental in Canada and received paperwork as if I had booked with Dollar Car Rental direct. With COVID, I had to cancel and Dollar told me to go to the third party agent I had used (Car Trawler). Anything I put into CT's Manage My Booking ends up with a system error and cannot find a phone number. Outright theft...

Sold insurance that was unacceptable to car rental company.

This company are a group of thieves

I hired a car to be picked up from Avalon, Melbourne. Was told the car wasn't available and to take it up with whoever sold me the car hire. I booked it through Holiday Autos/ Car Trawler. They have ZERO customer service, are impossible to get in touch with anyone, except a bot on their page which repeats the same information - that it hasn't yet been trained and can't help me. I don't know how this company does business, but they have stolen money from me. I am absolutely disgusted. I wanted to give them zero stars.

Peter Byrne

Peter ByrneSouth East Queensland, QLD

These guys are a rip off don’t trust them don’t use them

Sarah

SarahSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't Even Bother!

Vee

VeeSydney, NSW

SCAM - stay away! I did and booked through Jetstar - they redirected me to Cartrawler without my knowledge.

Never ever use this service in any part of the world!

Fatman123

Fatman123Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

on what planet is a kia rio a corolla?

Confused

I booked a car on here from Thrifty. Thrifty then proceeded to charge me more than what I already paid. So I have two charges on my card, One for the original rental through Car Trawler and one for a higher amount with Thrifty.

Risk to theft by Cartrawler

Rented a car through Cartrawler. live in Italy and hired a car in through Cartrawler by Avis at Schiphol Amsterdam. We arrived at a time Avis was closed. The next day I couldn't get the reserved car. Cartrawler wouldn't refund anything. So fully paid, no car. To me that seems theft and having a clause stating 'if the vehicle is not released due to a late arrival no funds will be reimbursed' is illegal.

Claims were rejected and complaints impossible.

I advise future consumers to consider the risk of late arrival and the related executed policy of Cartrawler

Antfj

AntfjSydney

Said they would price match but won't

Booked a car through car trawler, From Virgin Website. Said they would price match, found a better price, but wouldn't price match because the times were different by one hour in there favour. Don't use these guys, hire direct with the company. This company is giving Virgin Australia a bad name.

Renee R

Renee RCanberra 2600, ACT

Scammer - was delivered to this website by Virgin Blue

This scamming hire car company booked my hire car through Hertz at Rockhampton Airport. This company was recommended by Virgin Blue when i booked my flights and requested a hire car to be included. My hire car booking was for three days at a total cost of $150+ when i arrived to pick up the car I was informed of the extra costs and credit card fees that were not included in the booking by Car Trawler. I ended up having to pay $300+ which included insurance of $750 excess in the case of an accident, even if it was not my fault. I was unable to back out of the booking otherwise I would have lost my $150+ This is a dodgy hire car company and Virgin Blue is just as dodgy for recommending this company to me!!!

Avoid avoid scam stole our money

Avoid avoid avoid full of scam. They will take your money and will never give you service you paid for. We paid for a car at Antalya to take us from airport they did not come and made us wait for 1 hour and no driver and they refused to refund us at all. Avoid this found company.

Be aware of them

Be aware of them. I booked through mexican airline. When we arrived to Monterrey Mexico, there was NO CAR and nobody there, tried to contact them but nobody answer calls and messages. they charged me $50 USD and did not provide the service. we had to rent another car at Enterprise. Still trying to get my money back after 25 days.
Reservation number: MX441998830
CarTrawler Ref. number: 00945666

Garandacas
Garandacas

After 2 months i got a response from cartrawler, THEY DO NOT REFUND ANYTHING.
Sent proves of calls when I did arrive the airport, calls and messages to the number provided. They said NO REFUNDS.

Very bad service provider.

Very bad service provider. Misleading price advertisement. Charged 17% VAT twice even Customer support assured me that price VAT inclusive. Case resolution time takes more than 3 month. Will not use them ever again. Buyer beware.