CardioTech LifeBack 2

CardioTech LifeBack 2 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

45 questions from our users

...asked

What is the frequency of this machine?

Robyn B.

The technology is a high frequency vibration with the design being a "See-Saw" motion to simulate walking.
Cheers Robyn B

Thankyou .. was wondering what the Hz is

Mgz

Mgzasked

I live in gatton qld where is the closest place I can see these 2 machines. How much are they

Robyn B.

If you go through the Cardio Tech website you can get the info you are after. Cheers Robyn B

ANNIE

ANNIEasked

I have been using it since January and from the time I started using it I felt itchy all the time. For about the last four weeks I have a rash on my back. Last week I went for another Skin Clinic appointment after using antiobiotic ointment and using special skin soap. They took three biopsies and could not find the cause.
Has this ever happened before?
Is there any chance if getting my money back.
I was losing weight while I was using it.

Robyn B.

Hi Annie, Its quite normal to feel tingling and sometimes itchy after your circulation has been boosted. I really cant help you any more as I am not a medical person.
Best wishes - Robyn B

Renny
Renny

Just like spa jets make you itchy so to does this machine cause its improving your circulation.
The rash is probably from the folks of skin or fat pockets rubbing together. It's the bacteria on your skin. It's easily dealt with by showing after use just like one would shower after a gym session. If not taken care of yes the fungi/ bacteria along with your body heat may become infected.

RDCAPasked

What flooring should you not place the machine on? I have it in our main living area on the bigvtiles. Was told the vibrations would crack them. rd

Di Heap

Firstly, there's no need to run the machine on higher speeds. I use mine on 1 and sometimes on 5. The circulation and gentle exercise results work well at those settings. But your floor; I've not heard of any problems. There is sound and vibration force that goes a little bit downward as well as up. I have my machine on a thin, high density, rubber mat (fitness mats often bought as 4 pack in Kmart or target). I do this to stop the noise as I live in an apartment. Others have their lifeback 2 unit on firm carpet. I can't say you have to buy a mat but I would for comfort and noise reduction. I didn't ask how you are using it but even for just gentle circulation you want it smooth and not noisy for comfort

Robyn B.

I use mine on a tile floor and it doesn't make any difference and I don't find it nosy. Cheers Robyn B

Chris

Chrisasked

I have a knee replacement. Can I use the cardio tech machine without damaging my knee ?

Robyn B.

Hi Chris, my husband has knee replacements and he sits down while using the LifeBack and has the machine on a very low level. If you are in doubt discuss it with your G.P.
Cheers Robyn

Bib

Bibasked

Do I have to exercise on the machine to see benefits or will standing or sitting on it still show results?

Robyn B.

It depends on so many things. We all need some exercise in our lives and the right food to keep us healthy. I am sure you would reap some benefits with blood circulation alone. The answer to your question is NO.
Best wishes Robyn B

Roseasked

How can one do arm toning exercise, which work, on this machine, please?

Sunshine
Sunshine

Kneel behind your machine and put your hands on the machine. Works a charm. When you hold your arms tight it even vibrates your shoulders and back muscles.

Rose

Thank you! Do u put your whole weight on the machine while u do this please?

Di Heap

Upper body positions should be done at low speeds. You can do a push-up by kneeling in front of machine quite close to it . Place hands at outer edge at front. Lean in with straight back and drop down quite low. Bend elbows out wide not backwards. It's a push up so your chest needs to be over your hands. Just hold it, no need to move up and down as the machine itself is moving side to side. Do this at speeds 1-5, often 1 is enough. Hold it for a minute. Then try 2 minutes. It's hard work.

Jody

Jodyasked

Will it still work on flatting my belly hips if i just stand strait up n down on it?

Hi Jody
That's a hard one as its more than just exercise that looses weight, its also what you eat. So I cant really answer you. Best wishes Robyn B

Di Heap

No machine that is small like this will make you lose weight as fast as we all want to. This lifeback 2 is a good one, high quality and comfortable to use. Try a 5 minute wide squat. Place your feet diagonally at front edges. Drop down in a wide stance squat to just about sitting. Place your hands on your knees Hold that for the full 5 minutes. You might have to build up to this. Speed use 1-5. No need for fast. It doesn't help. Another way to do this is 10 minutes wide squat but when you are tired move slowly up to almost wide standing. When rested go down again. But don't cheat, go hard! Like Robyn said diet plays a part also do some gentle walks or swimming if you can.

Donna

Donnaasked

Hi...have a ankle problem and can't do alot of exercise. I find it hard to loose weight because of this.Will this machine help me?.....Donna

Hi Donna
I think your G P would be better suited to answer your question as I don't know what is wrong with your ankle. Sorry I can't help. Robyn B

Sian Evans

Sian Evansasked

I am wondering if anyone has any information on lymphatic drainage and this machine? Since I started using it I have been feeling awful and I get really itchy skin on the really fatty parts of my thighs. I'm wondering if it's due to perhaps lymph stimulation and I'm experiencing detox which is why I'm feeling so crappy. I've only had it a couple of weeks so I have nothing to compare it to as yet

Tabby Turtle
Tabby Turtle

The itchy feeling is the feeling of getting more circulation into those areas. I could walk forever and a day. But start jogging (ok more like waddling) I would get soooooo itchy. It would drive me crazy. I have been working out for a long time. Never felt the itchiness in my upper arms. I tried the life back for the 10 minutes at a friends house. Trying all different things. Wholey mother of gold!!! My arms started to get ichy in the fatty sections. It goes reddish. Oh yeah I feel the burn. I was excited about it. Because it means it's working really well in such a really short time. The itchy feeling will go away alot sooner and faster when you're body has better circulation in that area. This is from personal experience only. And I talked to a few of my runner friends. Because I thought the itchying meant somthing wrong. But nope.

joysit

joysitasked

Can people with a heart condition use this safely?
Can people with Osteoporosis use this safely?
WHO SHOULD NOT USE IT***********************
I see lots of talk about how good the machine is but nothing about which people shouldn't use it. It's ok to say read the fine print, but let's be utterly honest here, most manufacturers hope we don't.

Robyn B.

Hi - I am not a medical practioner, you will have to take it up with them. Sorry I can't help you. Hoping all goes well for you. Robyn B

Tania

Taniaasked

I met with a sales rep who told me a guy list 25 kgs using the machine. 25kgs in only 6 weeks. There is a message building here that the macine is really an expensive option to increase circulation? I cannot find anyone who talks about weight loss conclusively. The marketing clearly states weight loss. Is there any evidence? I am looking to purchase. What if i do all of the positions, eat well and loose nothing?

Di Heap

The sales rep lied to you! These are small pivotal machines. They do not have the force needed to make your muscles work hard enough to easily lose lots of weight. It is possible to get a good training session but you must work hard and use a program designed for your purpose. Simply standing and wobbling will not cause you to lose fat - and fat is the real weight that you want to lose. But the machine is way more than an expensive circulation aid, read the website about it and talk to the salespeople online maybe. For some people though circulation help alone saves their lives and that would be worth any amount of money - think immobile, older aged etc

Pauline Higgins

Pauline Higginsasked

Why is this only 20 setting and we fit has oo please?

Robyn B.

Hi Pauline - The machine you are on about has a smaller motor so top speed does not reach the same intensity as LifeBack 2. so to make it seem more powerful they have divided the levels into smaller increments. hoping this answers your question. Cheers Robyn B

Bob

Bobasked

Can I claim off my health fund for one?

Robyn B.

Hi Bob, all funds have different policies. You would need to check with them. Cheers Robyn B

Greg Kirk

Greg Kirkasked

How many Htz is this machine?

Robyn B.

Can't find the answer to your question Greg but the motor size is 200W. Cheers Robyn B

KDH

KDHasked

What is the difference between the cardio tech life back 2 & the vibration workout platform? Which of the two provides better weigh loss results? I'm in my mid 40s and with back issues and would like a product that will give good results.

Robyn B.

I don't really know as they look very similar. I think LifeBack 2 was on the market first and is less expensive than the Vibration Platform.
Cheers Robyn

Di Heap

I'm not familiar with a product called "vibration workout platform". The reply above suggests they look similar so any difference would be in quality and backup. Motors on small machines can breakdown quite quickly in some brands. The Lifeback2 has a real warranty and I've only seen one returned in 2 years (I'm in NZ). But, to your question, these little machines are not specific weight loss devices. They are great to get you moving again and help with blood circulation and gentle muscle activation if you follow a proper program as supplied. Every bit of additional safe exercise helps with fat loss but you'd have to slowly build up to holding real exercise positions and with back issues you must make sure that when standing or squatting on a small machine you have the back of a solid chair or a railing to hold on to. Losing fat is not an overnight thing. It's a definite process, the LB2 can be a starting point if you are currently immobile but if you already take brisk walks or swim I advise you to look at something stronger in Vibration Machines, maybe the Cardiotech CV9. I realise its a lot more expensive but it does a lot more too, along with full handlebars. Talk to one of the reps and if you don't get enough information email the CEO of Cardiotech. I'm guessing you live in Australia.
Just so you know: I don't actually sell these but I do recommend them and can get them for people in NZ

Jess

Jessasked

Does the cardiotech have to be plugged in at all times when in use?

Robyn B.

The answer to your question Jess is YES it does have to be plugged in all the time while you are using it. Cheers Robyn B

Di Heap

Yes, it's mains powered not battery

Cathyasked

why is it that we should only use the machine for 10 minutes per day?

Di Heap

You can safely use it twice a day if you wish especially if you are simply sitting with feet on machine or standing in an upright or semi squat. If you are using a more intense program which can be supplied you probably won't want to use it much longer than 10 minutes but the actual time is not an absolute with low speed, pivotal platforms like this. If you are using exercise positions you need to let your body rest and recover, it will be obvious.

You might be confusing it with the bigger studio machines (usually lineal/upright, a very different motion) that are used for about 10 minutes and 3 times a week, not daily.

Cathy

Thanks for your answer....so I stand on it, level 16 once a day and want to do it twice daily. That should be ok? I don't do any aerobatics on it, lol, as my balance is not great!

katien

katienasked

I have had surgery in the past for psyatica and now I have it back in the other leg,will the lifeback 2 help relieve the pain and also will it help burcitis? I have in my hips ,thank you looking forward to your answers.

Robyn B.

Sorry Katien I can't help you with your questions. I do not have the medical knowledge to answer. So sorry! Robyn B

Julie

Julieasked

How many kilojoules does a 10 minute workout burn please

Hi Julie
Sorry I can't help you with that question as it would depend on so many things and I don't have the medical knowledge to answer. Cheers Robyn B

Get an answer from our members and Cardiotech representatives