CarFlexi

CarFlexi (page 5 of 6)

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for CarFlexi? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2
Jim
JimBrisbane

Cheating business...Nasty service... Absolute cheating.

Showed one car online and got payment for same, but gave another nasty car.
They never show exact price on payment, they brilliantly hide it. In reality you pay almost double.
I am cheated, happy to prove it anywhere, I have its documents. Never ever again with them in my life.
I dealt with them 2 days back, this is my experience, and you may decide yours.

Stay away from CarFlexi

Do NOT make a booking with CarFlexi, they are dishonest.
They overcharge once they have your credit card details and then refuse a refund.
You have to opt out of an insurance waiver, not opt-in. This is how they make their money, by being dishonest. Stay away from CarFlexi!

They stole my money and did not want to refund me!

Thieves!!!!! Do not use them whatever they say!!!!!! They advertised a car for 52 AUD, took 91 AUD from my card and did not refund me as they promised initially!

Chris S
Chris SMelbourne

Insurance waiver added by default. Be very careful with this mob!

Gerardb
GerardbNSW, 2526

Can't be trusted

Booked a car from Gold Coast airport. Have been renting cars for over 30 years and always request unlimited km's and never request additional extras (insurance etc). Picked up car and was advised had limited km's and we had paid for Theft and Damage excess protection. Additionally car had over 200,000 km's on the odometer. Not fit for purpose.

Rubbish, rip-off company

I agree with these reviews. We also booked thinking we were dealing direct with a rental car company. Car rental company was no problem but carflexi took a deposit which was not paid to the car company and now they DO NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS. SHOULD BE BANNED. DO not use..

Alex
Alex

Don't be fooled by their cheap prices!!

I booked a car through CarFlexi and paid for insurance. Note - they way this company word their online content makes you believe that you are dealing directly with the rental company. When I picked up the car from Atlas - I realised how terrible their coverage / protection was ($4000 excess!!) so paid for additional insurance with Atlas. Before taking the car, I emailed CarFlexi to request an coverage refund. I sent 3 emails to them over a 2 week period before receiving a reply, saying they had not received - and when I sent screenshots of all of the emails, they still refuse to acknowledge the request. Unhelpful and unprofessional - pay a genuine car rental company, not a dodgy website. I will never book with CarFlexi again.

LIA
LIASydney

Carflexi total Fraud and should never be used.

Fraud company, never refunds, very bad customer service.

Budget rental took all my deposits which exceeds 2000 euro for minor damages. We have communicated with carflexi immediately they said they will not refund for unclear reasons. I have sent more than 5 email and called the call center to follow up with no reply. Despite the fact we have bought full insurance against any damages. Never ever deal with this company and don't let the cheap prices fool you as they have a plan on how to cover for the money.

Dave W
Dave WCairns

No problems

I have rented on 3 occasions with Carflexi out of Nice Airport.
Have not had any issues changing bookings on line.
I understand that they take their commission at time of booking and you pay the balance when you pick up the vehicle.
My next booking is also with Carflexi.

Jilly
JillyNoosaville

Should have used Paypal

I should have read these reviews before committing to use this mob. The webpage for our selected car stated that excesses, insurance etc were included, and we read it that it meant in the price shown during the search. So it appeared that what was on the screen was the total price. WRONG! It was only after we had paid that we found that they had deducted an extra AUD 222.87 from our card. We should have used Paypal who most likely would have reversed the payment without hassle. We now have to try to get our money back and book with Holiday Autos whom we have used before.

Ross McG
Ross McGByron Bay

Won't use them again

I used Carflexi to hire a car in Sydney. Easy to book the car, but then when I wanted to make a change to the booking date I had problems. Eventually I went directly to the car company which happily made the change. I sent an email to Carflexi to enquire if they could make the necessary changes to the insurance which was purchased through them. Over a week later, and well after the hire, I received a reply to say that the insurance period couldn't be changed. So I paid for insurance that I couldn't use, and drove the car without insurance. Very poor service and communications.

Terrible Service, Impossible to get in touch with!

The booking it self was easy no hidden fees, no extra cost fully covered etc boy where we wrong.
We arrived at the hire care place, it isn't at the airport you needed to phone them get a shuttle and then bring the car back to get everything.
My card was charged $90AUD before I got there no idea why, no answer as to why, when I arrived I had to pay for the hire car, then another $100 AUD for the insurance.
They haven't responded with an answer as to what the $90 their terms and conditions state nothing!
I'm furious!

Carflexi can cancel any reservation as they like

I've made a reservation with Carflexi in Norway last year Dec, however, they cancel my booking 7 day prior my reservation pick-up date without any reason, with no help at all and just ask myself to book from others, and no compensation after.

No response to enquires.

Easy to book it but impossible to change any aspect of the reservation. Can’t take the car back early as there’s no refund of your fees. Tried emailing- zero response. Company is a farce. It was cheaper than going directly to the car hire, so I guess the old adage “you get what you pay for” resonates.

Masterherb
MasterherbGeelong

Beware of using carflexi

I booked a Holden commodore that would fit our family, we arrived to a small Toyota Corolla hatchback. Had to pay extra for another car. I’m told it’s my fault.

Gjs-51
Gjs-51South East Queensland, QLD

Do not use them, they terrible.

It was the worst experience in my life ever. First they hey added insurance to my booking which was not quoted then took the money for corrected booking and not repaid yet. Now communication was possible.

May 16th 2019 Update: Bad as it could be

I used it once and had a very bad experience a while ago, the price was almost double from the initial, so when I re-booked again. When I came to pick it up the car was not available. I think, they don't have any cars of their own, but only use other companies. I now searched again for a low cost car hire and this company was on top of the search results. So they smart in marketing but not in customer care.
I will never use this company again.

Carflexi service is horrible, unprofessional and con artist company

Carflexi don't care about customer satisfaction or their company's reputation but they are experts in luring online customers and ripping them off by charging them fees and not deliver the rental car. They will not refund the charge by giving all types of false excuses just to keep the money. Such unethical practices must be stopped in order to protect other consumers not be victims. Share with your contacts to avoid them at any cost and put an end to such market practices.

Do Not Book Through Car Flexi

Car flexi are a Broker Service who are rogues and thieves. They take deposit and you receive no car through Thrifty. Because Car flexi had no flight number on our booking and our flight was delayed Thrifty closed up shop and left us stranded at the airport at midnight. To add insult Car Flexi took our deposit and trying to contact them is impossible for a refund. NO customer service and not contactable Do yourself a favour people BOOK DIRECT through car rental company absolutely disgusted in their rogue behaviour.

RuthSydney, NSW

these people are thieves

I have no idea how they can con people so badly. I paid the full amount to Thrifty for the car I rented for 2 days and a whole extra day to carFlexi for a "fee" it seems. Here I thought I had already paid for one day as a deposit. I will never book through any company again. Much cheaper and more reliable to book direct.

Ruth

update: my bank upheld my dispute and the money was credited back to my card. i suggest that everyone who has been charged for insurance that they did not specifically request should dispute the charge as there was never any insurance

Inconsistent - poor after sales service

Had two separate bookings through them with Alamo in Hawaii in Nov 2018.

First booking in Maui worked perfectly - in fact Alamo even waived the additional driver fee and gave us a discount because they hadn't told us how to lock/unlock the boot (strange key proximity sensor).

Second booking in Kona turned out to be very expensive because Alamo wouldn't honour the price that we had on the contract with Carflexi and said that we needed to sort it out with Carflexi. Since our return Carflexi have given us no information other than that they have requested a response from Alamo. I have emailed Carflexi three times and had no personal response - just the standard autoresponse - won't be using them again!!

Took money no car

Worst company ever
Booked car for sunshine coast got to airport no car waited one hour no show. Took 78$ of bank card we had to hire another car.Then when got home received email asking how the rental car was sent email back still no reply..
Some thing very dodgey going on..

COUNTRY CUSTOMER
COUNTRY CUSTOMERVICTORIA

Disgraceful thieves

Charged an unauthorised fee without notice - huge amount !
Never answer phone - pathetic
No response, had to take action with my bank to retrieve money.
I advise everyone never to use this company even though thrifty use them as an agent !!!

Martin
MartinQLD

CarFlexi - Thieves and Liers would be the best way to describe the company!

Timers

CarFlexi charges a fee to book through them. They wouldn't give me the car at Enterprise because I had my international drivers licencse but not my spanish drivers license. At Enterprise they said Carflexi would refund the fee right away but they said they were not doing so because they had done the booking and it was my fault, exactly they said "lack of common sense". There was no car available in any other company at the airport. I could finally rent one at the city wth any problems.
No refund, no care, so rude!