CarFlexi

CarFlexi (page 3 of 6)

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for CarFlexi? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2
  • Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle
arivalchick
arivalchickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rip off

I was charged $141.77 AUD fee from car flexi - and was not told about this??
Then when l got to the car hire place, they told me to pay full price what l was quoted and said the amount paid to carflexi has nothing to do with them ???
Carflexi won;'t answer my calls or live support chat, ask for the booking number and totally ignored me after that?

Kezza
KezzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never again.

Shocking customer service. Difficult/impossible to contact. Need a refund after return the car six days early and am so frustrated at their lack of ability to handle a simple question. Didn't realise what I was signing up for when booking the car - thought it was for hire only not all the excessive insurance.

carflexi scammers

paid twice for one child seat on my car hire, requested refund, time and time and time again, and getting nowhere.spoke via email, then live chat, not a loyal company.

SonjaH
SonjaHSydney, NSW

Beware! Insurance cover option is already ticked!

Phoenix cheng
Phoenix chengSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish car rental company, don’t know why this company still exist.

Booked a car through this crap organisation, deposit made, booking confirmed. When I arrived bargain car rental, they said no car awailavle and bargain had informed this rubbish company. They did not give me any noticed, and declined to admit that it is their responsibility. And they took my deposit and did not give me back yet. I am going to fair trade to complain this company and I hope people do not Use this company ever

Carflexi. This is an extremely thieving company and you should not use their services under any circumstances !!!

Nina
NinaHunter Region, NSW

No car available at Budget when I arrived. Blamed Budget.

I arrived at Budget Maitland, only to be told there was no car available. I was not the only one. Will never book online with them again. Still waiting for a refund after 18 days. Communication very poor. Was told I should have rang them. Tried 3 times to sit on hold. Had to run around and find another car, thankfully Europcar had one.

Hoa
HoaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Do not Hire through CarFlexi.

Full insurance was paid. However the excess was still $4000. Also needed to pay for the rental service fee on top with the car rental. The car that we got wasn’t as good as it was described, unclean and one of those windows was not working. Car rental desk was quite far from the airport ( approximately 15-20 min drive), booking requested to pick up at the airport. Carflexi refused to refund the deposit due to the hidden fee which was not mention when booking was made. Should read reviews before using the service and use well know car hire company.

Unhappy
UnhappyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Read Reviews Before You Book

I just made a booking, with the full insurance package.
But the excess is still $4400
I have now read the other reviews. I have only paid a $44 deposit - I am going to book elsewhere. When I tried to clarify this thru on-line chat, [name removed] just never responded to my questions.

Jen
JenPerth, WA

Book with a well known car rental company not through CarFlexi.

We booked our rental car through CarFlexi for a driving tour of Tasmania.The rental company offered us a full insurance package for an additional cost but we declined as we believed we had full insurance cover through CarFlexi. Our paper work shows clearly that we have chosen a “full Insurance Package”. Unfortunately we were deceived and when we had to pay for a new windscreen CarFlexi told us we weren’t covered for windscreens. It took two frustrating days of chasing to even find anyone to contact about our claim. Our only recourse is to warn others so that they won’t be the next victims of this deceitful company.

Linz
LinzQueensland

LEFT STRANDED

Booked a car, paid deposit, got a confirmation email. Arrived in Auckland only to find there was NO car in my name. Then had to hire through budget (thanks budget!! Legends!!) Struggling to get any communication from them, AVOID THIS COMPANY!
Should've read the reviews first. Lesson learned!

Never use Car Flexi

Quote provided may look cheap but extras are added when you arrive at the airport. I’ve been disputing this for over 9 months with no resolution. Do not use them!

Avoid this company!!

Be carefull!! This company claims "no hidden fees", but make sure you UNTICK the boxes otherwise you are up for HIDDEN costs. If you query them, you get IGNORED.

Avoid this company!!

Got Stung
Got StungPerth, WA

Ripped off

Arrive in Adelaide yesterday, I had supplied my flight details and when I called the number for the shuttle bus to come and get us, I was told I was too late to get picked up and taken to the car hire company, the time was 18.10pm. I was told I would have to wait to the next morning. Please do not use this company. You will lose your deposit, have to pay for a taxi to the hotel, then to the hire company the next morning and pay more than originally quoted for the hire car, because you need to start a new contract because of the dates being different to the original contract. The ACCC should look into this company. Share this with your friends.

This is a scam - Not a good experience and we won't use again. Deposit not refunded !!

This is a scam. Otorento (Turkey-Istanbul)added £46+ as "Deposit", which they said would be "refunded within a few days" after the car had been returned. This was in January 2019.After months of repeatedly sending e-mails, each of which they responded to with "please be patient, we are looking into the matter", I have not receive any evidence whatsoever of any attempt in sorting this out.
NOTE: ONE star is the lowest rating. NO STAR at all would be most suitable. My advice to anyone: Do NOT rent from CarFlexi.

Milt
Milt

Rip off

Everything is fine booking on line payed a deposit. Arrived at my destination 30 mins late due to plane issues. Contacted the office who advise they closed at 6.00pm and it was now now 6.11pm so the car wouldn’t be available until the next day. Had no choice but to hire another car thank you Avis. Like all other reviews you don’t get an answer from any communications. Do not use this company.

Do not use this company. They are nothing more than scamming thieves.

Customer service is non existent. After pating what we thought was a deposit on a rental car, when picking the car up, it was not the car we booked and the company had no record of any money already paid. The actual rental company said never book through car Flexi, because it’s a scam. When car Flexi was contacted, they said they would look into it, only to send a badly worded email, an hour later, making no sense, stating it was not a deposit, but extra insurance and that they would not be refunding anything. They provided no service, no explanation that made any sense and judging by other reviews are a scam.

Ivette
IvetteSydney, NSW

Imposible to contact company. I was Charged twice for my booking. No one answers to any problems you have .

It was imposible to contact them by phone . Could not find the company phone number anywhere . No one answers to the online help chat . Finally someone answered to my email , but did not follow through when I told them I have been charged twice and to give the refund. Still waiting for Someone to contact me . It would have been much better to go directly with the car rental company .

Emanuel
EmanuelSydney

Thieves

Carflexi is nothing more than a dishonest thieving business run by a spiv in Crete Greece. He puts honest
Cretans to shame. I urge you people out there to totally ignore this crooked company.

Karin S
Karin SBrisbane

Beware of additional insurance charges

BEWARE - Misleading information and practises

Sarah P
Sarah PSydney, NSW

Do not use this company

This company took the holding deposit for my car out of my account, and on the day of my flight I was contacted by the actual car company who said they had not received any money from carflexi. I have tried to contact them directly through phone and online chat but have been conveniently disconnected each time. Total scam. I am beyond angry, and I will never use this company again. They have turned off all comments on their facebook so people cannot see other angry comments. Do. Not. Use. Them.

Ken
KenSouth-East, TAS

No support, confusing insurance

Paid them online with additional fee due at rental company desk. Wrong charge at rental company, tried to find out from CarFlex phone service what I was covered for. After 34 mins getting to front of phone queue their auto voice went dead and no answer even waiting further 5mins, call still open and timing on my phone. Tried their online chat another waste with links to their online website but no review of what I was covered for. Never use these again.

Nana99
Nana99Melbourne

Absolute Disgrace

I organised a car hire through this company and at no stage did they advise that the office would be closed at 8pm. When the plane ended up being 5 hours late I rang the actual car hire company who advised that they would be closed at 8pm and that if my plane arrived after that time I would not be able to get my vehicle. They apologised but advised to take up the money that was owed to me with CarFlexi

CarFlexi have been nothing short of disgusting. I did not receive my goods. I want my money back. I plan to take this up with consumer affairs.

NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY again.

Jennifer
JenniferSydney, NSW

No Compassion

I had to cancel my booking because my Mum was sick in hospital. They lady I spoke to had very little compassion for my situation and didnt explain that I could get a refund if I cancelled online before the booking. Absolutely terrible customer service. My mum has passed away and they still won’t refund on compassionate grounds. I’d recommend booking directly with a car company rather than going through these guys.

Other Car Rental Services