CarFlexi

CarFlexi (page 4 of 6)

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for CarFlexi? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2
  • Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle
Jennifer
JenniferSydney, NSW

No Compassion

I had to cancel my booking because my Mum was sick in hospital. They lady I spoke to had very little compassion for my situation and didnt explain that I could get a refund if I cancelled online before the booking. Absolutely terrible customer service. My mum has passed away and they still won’t refund on compassionate grounds. I’d recommend booking directly with a car company rather than going through these guys.

Do not use this company, you gonna loose your money for terrible near to nothing service

Aleki N
Aleki Nadelaide

Frustrated

Deceitful - hidden costs - don't use

Like others commenting, Car Flexi advertises a price for service on the website and then catches you out by claiming that you have to 'untick' a box on the online booking form (i dont recall seeing this) otherwise you end up paying some kind of insurance (almost doubling the cost of the rental). I didn't realise this until after collecting the car. They never provide documentation of total cost and cover up by taking a payment out of your credit card when booking and the stating another amount to be paid on picking up the document. I have also tried getting a refund of the extra cost but to no avail. I wish I had seen the reviews before using them.

Reignbeau
ReignbeauSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dreadful company. They'll hire you a car you can't pick up

Terrible company. Just a few hours out of auckland, in transit, and i'm told the company with whom i have booked isn't open when i get there. Mind you, that company has also had weeks to sort this, but say they cannot get hold of carflexi to sort this - and that carflexi shouldn't have sold me their car. Fat lot of good that is now but it's true carflexi shouldn't be selling cars for midnight pick-ups if the company isn't there.

Criminal

They took over $300 out of my account without any authorisation. Their website specifically stated they would not deduct any money until a few days before the car pick-up and after confirming the car rental booking.

I am in the process of reporting them to the Australian Federal Police and am cancelling the pending transaction in my account.

Suggest their website needs to be shut down immediately.

I'm only putting one star as you can't put no stars.

Criminal organisation.

Shiftiest car booking place EVER!!!

Shiftiest car booking place ever!!! Do not use this 3rd party booking service. They are crap from the hidden shiftyness to the customer service that don't help. Do not book thru them as they do not tell you everything & when you find out of the car place that you cant actually hire the car.... They will not refund your $$$.

No phone support .. you are currently caller no **

Unable to get through to the phone number - the time got longer and longer.. no live chat support working - never again been caller number 2,3,4, multiple times and when I get to the front of the queue nothing.. tried emailing ... has done my head in.

AVOID!!!

Worst service. Quoted one price show up to collect the car and it’s way more then in my quote. Redirected to atlas who were based in a dirty house who also had unusually high bond prices and the car hire for 4 days was going to cost $550! Do not book through this site! Or Atlas!

Rusty
RustyPerth

A company who take your money under false declaration

Roger W
Roger WPerth, WA

DO NOT USE CARFLEXI

This is one car hire company you DO NOT won't to use, the company is in Greece booking hire cars in Australia. Never got my car & never got my money back, on the phone for two hours & still nothing. Stay away from them.

Shana
ShanaGold coast

Poor customer service

Find out how CarFlexi compares to other Car Rental Services

Rip off - poor customer service

Don’t use them!
We need to get the message all around Australia, they are ripping Australians off!
Apart from poor customer service you will be charged at Euros!
Don’t waste your money!

Nicole
Nicole

Poor service

I just called this company, waited patiently online then when they answered they said they couldn't hear me and hung up straight away. What shocking service. Maybe employ a little patience as you expect from your customers.

Waste of time and money

Booked a car and paid 60aud deposit, went to pickup and car rental wasn't even open. Rang interstate was put on hold forever, still waiting for my 60$ back.

Anna
AnnaQueenstown

Ripped off

I rented a car through this company because I was in a hurry. I realized that was a mistake as soon as I showed up at the rental place. We could have gotten the car cheaper had we booked directly. I thought we got insurance but it didn’t cover any of the damages! It was a waste of money. Do not use them!

Jon McGregor
Jon McGregorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish i had read the reviews

I Rented a car for 1 week and was told that the office was closed so there was no way of collecting the car. I arrived at 4.30pm on a Saturday. I was told there was nothing they could do as the office is not manned.

I had already paid a deposit and could not get a refund. We believe they already rented our car to another person. We ended up catching a train.

Because we asked for the car from 11am that day we we're advised that we should have picked up the car at 11 contrary to our flight being delayed. The flight details were provided.

This company should be investigated as a scam. They charged me for a product i did not receive and no refund was possible. I advised them that i would report them.

Don't do this.

This company is a sham. You will still have to pay for the car and cover the $AUD4480 excess if anything happens. The website makes believe you have hired a car for such and such an amount of money but has nothing to do with the real fee. God forbid if you wanted to make a claim. I wish I had read these reviews. Do not use this company.

Keszthelyi S
Keszthelyi SBudapest

Beware

At Catania airport I had to pay 40 euros more, because my plane was late. I was not informed about this risk. Avoid this company!

Niko
NikoPerth

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY-Dodgy

Read fine print, then they are OK

I notice most, if not all, the one star reviews bang on about the tricky insurance fee. I too was surprised when I thought the first time i booked the total was a lot more than I expected.
When I went back through it the insurance charge is included automatically so you have to actively take it off.
I called their support number, got a guy in Greece (of all places) who was very helpful and told me how to cancel that booking (full refund received) and re-book minus the Insurance hit (which is a lot).
It is tricky I guess, but they fixed it for me without a problem and I have used them about a dozen times and the cars are fine and very cheap.
So, remember to untick insurance and you'll be happy

Mumbo
MumboMyrtleford

Never use a company like this to book a car

Nic
NicSydney

Do NOT rent with this company

Car was unavailable at my location when I arrived - the car rental service was not even open, despite me booking for that arrival time.
When I called the car rental location, I was told that the order had been cancelled, however I had not been informed about the cancellation.
I was then not refunded the deposit I have made - this is theft as indicated by other reviews.
I wish I had read the other reviews prior.

George