1.3

The worst car that gime me in a Rent a Car

They gave me the hired brand and model, Mazda 3 but it has been the worst car that I have been given in all my experience in Rent a Cars, very old, with 160,000km, full of scratches. The employees were very friendly, the service was fast and easy but the car was a shame.

Vehicle TypeMazda 3

Never again

Never again, old car, hidden charges, unclear business model (presented as traditional car rental agency on a car rental aggregator website), and now they hold AUD4,000 charge on my credit card without doing a joint inspection of the vehicle when I returned it. Horrendous.

EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Atrocious service, atrocious value for money

Service is made unclear when booking. Absolutely atrocious service. Long, tedious pick up process. Ridiculously excessive toll fees (paid $50 to use $9 worth of tolls). For the same price could of gone with a reputable company with far more convenience and a better car. Absolutely never again

Car Rental Services

Find out how Carhood Car Renter compares to other Car Rental Services

Car Crap, Customer Service Crap, Toll Fees Excessive....

Car was fully scratched, trims hanging off,rear bumper loose, seats stained, 165000 hard kms , brakes sounded like they were metal on metal, and a wobble at 100km per hour, oh , and 46 bucks billed to my card weeks later for 2 tolls that would normally be about 5 bucks worth, my advice, stay away, far far away

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

Hi Bradley,

I hope you are well. My apologies for the inconvenience. We will look into this, as we always make sure that the cars rented out are all road worthy. Thank you for your feedback.

Bradley m.

OK, thanks Steven, please post the outcome after you. "look into it" I will be interested to hear the response.

Bradley m.

CAR HOOD must be still looking into it by the looks, as no response yet but that what ive come to expect from CAR HOOD, again ONE STAR RATING..........

Kath G.
Kath G.Queensland

If I didn't call a Taxi I'd still be sitting in the gutter.

One month on after the worst experience of my life and I still haven't heard from Carhood.
Completely unreachable in an emergency which left us over $600 out of pocket. Worst experience with any company in my life! Urgent requests for help still unanswered a month later! Live chat is not 'live chat' but a ticket service - no one ever responds. The emergency number directs you to -you guessed it- the live chat! If I could give negative 10 stars I would! Angry beyond belief at how this company left us stranded. Avoid at all costs!!

Justice SeekerSydney, NSW

Avoid them like the plague

Vehicle TypeMazda 3
MrsP
MrsPSydney, NSW

Hidden charges, ridiculously short open hours, crappy cars!

Vehicle TypeMini Hatch Cooper

It was ok

Need better face to face customer service. 1 head light was out and I was told to fix it myself because they didn’t have the time which I did not have the time to do hence why I hired a car in the first place. Upon returning the car the depot was not even made aware of me contacting them to report the faulty headlight.

Vehicle TypeVolvo XC60
Margaret
MargaretPerth, WA

Still Waiting for my Refund and Horrible Customer Service Hotline!

Car Rental Services

Find out how Carhood Car Renter compares to other Car Rental Services

Scott. B.
Scott. B.Darling Downs, QLD

Great price, but not so great car!

Great price, professionals staff etc.
Car was unroadworthy, very used condition. (seperated tread, rear Tyers) had to get it repaired during trip in country town. Overall not a good experience.