Carhood Car Renter

Carhood Car Renter (page 2 of 7)

Perfect location for hire car

I am very happy with very good service
Good support to all time
Car conditions very nice
I like one of this drop car after business hours so no rush
I get deposit back 100% within 4 days
I give 5* I hired car for 3 days and it's very cheap price everything good

Dear Girish,

Thank you for your feedback. At Carhood, we aim to give you the best service possible. Looking forward to your next trip with us!

CookieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not very helpful

We had a booking via a third party for car hood.
I need to delay the return of the car until the evening. This couldnt be done - they couldnt even offer another vehicle even though we were willing to pay more for another car. They left us in the lurch. I was also not aware that this is basically Airbnb for cars. The reason they couldnt extend our rental time was because the owner wanted it back .
Thank goodness the original company I sourced the Carhood rental through were wonderful and sorted it out with SIXT, who have been great.

Thank you.
It really was the first time we have ever encountered a car hire group that couldn't offer us anything at all, even when we were prepared to pay more.
Having your own fleet might remedy this.

Unhappy
UnhappyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TERRIBLE!

We are still waiting to be paid $1000 16 months after hiring out our car. The customer service is a joke as they just keep repeating the same lies about being paid soon. There is no offical complaints department. There is no way to speak to or contact the finance department re payment owing. They wont redirect you to a manager. DO NOT RENT OUT YOUR CAR WITH CARHOOD IF YOU EXPECT PAYMENT!

Great car. Friendly service

Loved the car - Subaru Liberty. Easy to drive and lots of room. The boot was extra large so plenty of room for luggage.
Service was great.
The only downside was that its hard to contact anyone for information.

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give the best service every time. We are looking into providing a better way for renters to be able to contact us 24/7. Looking forward to serving you again!

Kerrie
KerrieNorth Queensland, QLD

Review

Car was what we booked and service was good. bond was returned the next day and everything went well. Probably only thing was we tried calling before 9am and the phone wasnt answered as we needed the address as our booking had their new address and they hadnt shifted there yet

Hi Kerrie,
Thank you for your feedback! We at Carhood aim to serve you the best possible way. Our apologies for the miscommunication with our address. We are always aiming to improve our system. We look forward to serving you again!

Easy rental

Exceptional customer service, explained everything clearly, small economical car for driving around Melbourne, perfect for our needs. Shuttle service to and from airport, great driver, very friendly, helpful and courteous.

Hi Jok,

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give the best service every time. Looking forward to serving you again!

Excellent service, great car, awesome price!

Pretty much all in my title - easy to communicate with, lovely people who picked us up from the airport and explained the rental t&c's to us, car was exactly as we'd been advised - super easy! My only suggestion would be to maybe offer renters the information that a service station is not too far from the drop-off point, just to make things even easier than they already were :-D

Hi E,

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give the best service every time. We will take note about informing renters on the nearest service station. Looking forward to serving you again!

Very good car rental, but expensive tolls

Great little car, and a good price if you take the most basic car insurance (largest excess).
I discovered just before pickup that Carhood's management of tolls makes them expensive, so I had to drive through Brisbane's inner city bypass (which is slow) in order to avoid a hefty toll on the Gateway Bridge.

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give the best service every time. In regards to tolls, you can opt for our Toll Cover for unlimited tolls and no admin fees. Looking forward to serving you again!

My experience ended in Tears

Do not use this company if you are arriving or departing outside there business hours!

A long, horrific story cut short . Our experience was the worse, especially with two children, one being as young as 10months old! Mark, the gentleman who we did see in person was great to us. But the company, their lack of information, follow up & communication had made me so mad.

Hi Rika,

Thank you for your feedback and our apologies for the inconvenience. We are constantly doing our best to improve our system. Looking forward to serving you again.

Lore
LoreSydney Surrounds, NSW

HORRIBLE SCAMMERS AND THIEVES - BEWARE!!!

Soulore S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrible customer service and hidden fees BEWARE this company

EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Atrocious service, atrocious value for money

Service is made unclear when booking. Absolutely atrocious service. Long, tedious pick up process. Ridiculously excessive toll fees (paid $50 to use $9 worth of tolls). For the same price could of gone with a reputable company with far more convenience and a better car. Absolutely never again

Emily

Car Crap, Customer Service Crap, Toll Fees Excessive....

Car was fully scratched, trims hanging off,rear bumper loose, seats stained, 165000 hard kms , brakes sounded like they were metal on metal, and a wobble at 100km per hour, oh , and 46 bucks billed to my card weeks later for 2 tolls that would normally be about 5 bucks worth, my advice, stay away, far far away

Hi Bradley,

I hope you are well. My apologies for the inconvenience. We will look into this, as we always make sure that the cars rented out are all road worthy. Thank you for your feedback.

Bradley m.

OK, thanks Steven, please post the outcome after you. "look into it" I will be interested to hear the response.

Bradley m.

CAR HOOD must be still looking into it by the looks, as no response yet but that what ive come to expect from CAR HOOD, again ONE STAR RATING..........

Kath G.
Kath G.Queensland

If I didn't call a Taxi I'd still be sitting in the gutter.

One month on after the worst experience of my life and I still haven't heard from Carhood.
Completely unreachable in an emergency which left us over $600 out of pocket. Worst experience with any company in my life! Urgent requests for help still unanswered a month later! Live chat is not 'live chat' but a ticket service - no one ever responds. The emergency number directs you to -you guessed it- the live chat! If I could give negative 10 stars I would! Angry beyond belief at how this company left us stranded. Avoid at all costs!!

Elizabeth
ElizabethTasmania

Value for money

We were picked up promptly. Informed of our responsibilities, the customer service was good.
The vehicle wasn't the one we expected but we were upgraded to a better car at no extra cost. We wer wuite happy.

Hi Elizabeth!

Thank you for your feedback! We do aim to give quality service each time. Thank you for choosing Carhood! We hope to serve you again!