Kathy
KathyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely disgusting

Car hood swiftly took 4K out of my bank for scratches on rim and tyre of one wheel and returned nothing. No reply to emails or calls since and this was over a year ago. 1300 number is disconnected. I want my money back

Cori
CoriSydney, NSW

Hidden Costs and Slow Service

I rented a car and had an accident which wasn't my fault (was hit in the rear by another car). They took a year to resolve the issue and then hit me with hidden costs! Not only did I have to follow them up several times but then they tell me about a fee hidden in the fine print that they didn't tell me about until the last second and I had to chase them up about it!

Do not rent from these people

Find out how Carhood Car Renter compares to other Car Rental Services

The worst car that gime me in a Rent a Car

They gave me the hired brand and model, Mazda 3 but it has been the worst car that I have been given in all my experience in Rent a Cars, very old, with 160,000km, full of scratches. The employees were very friendly, the service was fast and easy but the car was a shame.

Never again

Never again, old car, hidden charges, unclear business model (presented as traditional car rental agency on a car rental aggregator website), and now they hold AUD4,000 charge on my credit card without doing a joint inspection of the vehicle when I returned it. Horrendous.

CookieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not very helpful

We had a booking via a third party for car hood.
I need to delay the return of the car until the evening. This couldnt be done - they couldnt even offer another vehicle even though we were willing to pay more for another car. They left us in the lurch. I was also not aware that this is basically Airbnb for cars. The reason they couldnt extend our rental time was because the owner wanted it back .
Thank goodness the original company I sourced the Carhood rental through were wonderful and sorted it out with SIXT, who have been great.

Thank you.
It really was the first time we have ever encountered a car hire group that couldn't offer us anything at all, even when we were prepared to pay more.
Having your own fleet might remedy this.

Unhappy
UnhappyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TERRIBLE!

We are still waiting to be paid $1000 16 months after hiring out our car. The customer service is a joke as they just keep repeating the same lies about being paid soon. There is no offical complaints department. There is no way to speak to or contact the finance department re payment owing. They wont redirect you to a manager. DO NOT RENT OUT YOUR CAR WITH CARHOOD IF YOU EXPECT PAYMENT!

Lore
LoreSydney Surrounds, NSW

HORRIBLE SCAMMERS AND THIEVES - BEWARE!!!

Soulore S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrible customer service and hidden fees BEWARE this company

EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Atrocious service, atrocious value for money

Service is made unclear when booking. Absolutely atrocious service. Long, tedious pick up process. Ridiculously excessive toll fees (paid $50 to use $9 worth of tolls). For the same price could of gone with a reputable company with far more convenience and a better car. Absolutely never again

Emily

Car Crap, Customer Service Crap, Toll Fees Excessive....

Car was fully scratched, trims hanging off,rear bumper loose, seats stained, 165000 hard kms , brakes sounded like they were metal on metal, and a wobble at 100km per hour, oh , and 46 bucks billed to my card weeks later for 2 tolls that would normally be about 5 bucks worth, my advice, stay away, far far away

Hi Bradley,

I hope you are well. My apologies for the inconvenience. We will look into this, as we always make sure that the cars rented out are all road worthy. Thank you for your feedback.

Bradley m.

OK, thanks Steven, please post the outcome after you. "look into it" I will be interested to hear the response.

Bradley m.

CAR HOOD must be still looking into it by the looks, as no response yet but that what ive come to expect from CAR HOOD, again ONE STAR RATING..........

Kath G.
Kath G.Queensland

If I didn't call a Taxi I'd still be sitting in the gutter.

One month on after the worst experience of my life and I still haven't heard from Carhood.
Completely unreachable in an emergency which left us over $600 out of pocket. Worst experience with any company in my life! Urgent requests for help still unanswered a month later! Live chat is not 'live chat' but a ticket service - no one ever responds. The emergency number directs you to -you guessed it- the live chat! If I could give negative 10 stars I would! Angry beyond belief at how this company left us stranded. Avoid at all costs!!

Justice SeekerSydney, NSW

Avoid them like the plague

Anna B
Anna BSydney, NSW

Extremely poor customer service

MrsP
MrsPSydney, NSW

Hidden charges, ridiculously short open hours, crappy cars!