• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle
Darryl Dsouza
Darryl DsouzaSydney, NSW

Excellent price. Good service.

Didn't find another car for this price. The only issue I had was that when I called for the shuttle from the airport, nobody picked the call even when i tried 3 times over about 10 mins. And then I was picked about 25 mins later. All together it took 40 mins since I first tried to call to when I was picked up. Everything else was great.

Dear Darryl,

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into improving our shuttle services to be able to give you the best service. Looking forward to your next trip with us!

Great car. Friendly service

Loved the car - Subaru Liberty. Easy to drive and lots of room. The boot was extra large so plenty of room for luggage.
Service was great.
The only downside was that its hard to contact anyone for information.

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give the best service every time. We are looking into providing a better way for renters to be able to contact us 24/7. Looking forward to serving you again!

Kerrie
KerrieNorth Queensland, QLD

Review

Car was what we booked and service was good. bond was returned the next day and everything went well. Probably only thing was we tried calling before 9am and the phone wasnt answered as we needed the address as our booking had their new address and they hadnt shifted there yet

Hi Kerrie,
Thank you for your feedback! We at Carhood aim to serve you the best possible way. Our apologies for the miscommunication with our address. We are always aiming to improve our system. We look forward to serving you again!

Find out how Carhood Car Renter compares to other Car Rental Services

Very good car rental, but expensive tolls

Great little car, and a good price if you take the most basic car insurance (largest excess).
I discovered just before pickup that Carhood's management of tolls makes them expensive, so I had to drive through Brisbane's inner city bypass (which is slow) in order to avoid a hefty toll on the Gateway Bridge.

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give the best service every time. In regards to tolls, you can opt for our Toll Cover for unlimited tolls and no admin fees. Looking forward to serving you again!

Elizabeth
ElizabethTasmania

Value for money

We were picked up promptly. Informed of our responsibilities, the customer service was good.
The vehicle wasn't the one we expected but we were upgraded to a better car at no extra cost. We wer wuite happy.

Hi Elizabeth!

Thank you for your feedback! We do aim to give quality service each time. Thank you for choosing Carhood! We hope to serve you again!

Prue B
Prue BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good cheap vehicle hire

Used car for running around and visiting hospital within the Sutherland shire. Would definitely use again. Only criticism is car smelt stale. Like someone had carried fried food in it

October 2nd 2019 Update: Great car

The service was great. I would of used it the next time I hired except your hours of operation were not convenient. The staff are friendly but when someone is flying in or out it's hard to organise a taxi to or from depot to airport when depot is closed

Steven J.Carhood

Thank you for choosing Carhood Prue! Our technicians work hard to make sure our cars are newly washed inside and outside as well as vacuumed. We will definitely make sure that next time, your rental will have that "new car" smell :)

Overall a good expereince

Good price for the car, car was great and drove well.
Person picking us up and dropping us off from the airport was quiet, not the best customer service, and location of the car for the drop off and pick up was a warehouse which made it feel a bit dodgy.

Melissa Bush
Melissa BushSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect sized car

Good customer service
Yes bond was handled well
Yes we got the same vehicle that we booked
Personal travel and yes it met our needs as we only travelled around Ballarat and into Melbourne

Steven J.Carhood

Great service and friendly team!

Surprisingly pleased!

From the first phone call as I walked out of the airport I was impressed with the attitude and professionalism of the people I spoke to. The gentleman who drove the bus and picked me up was absolutely fantastic, such a positive bloke.
The car I booked was clean and tidy albeit a little older than I expected but nonetheless clean and tidy.
I only had a short trip and the car performed as well as I would have expected, definitely no complaints. I have already informed my staff to utilise the services of Car Hood when they next visit Melbourne.

Steven J.Carhood

Value for money, recommended if you want a budget rental.

Customer service is great.
Handled well for the bond and other payment.
Vehicle changed but got an email notification.
I use the vehicle for site seeing, it quite meet my needs.

Carolyn Larsen
Carolyn LarsenCentral West, NSW

Great customer service

Their customer service couldn't be faulted, my only complaint would be that they were quite a way from the airport, and we wasted a lot of time getting to and from the airport.

Friendly, helpful service

Customer service was friendly and obliging. The car was what I expected & it was fine. Great to be dropped off at the airport by a happy, friendly person. I will recommend this service to others.

Good concept!

We expected a small vehicle and actually received a Pajero 4WD. This suited us fine, so no issues at all. The vehicle pick up could have been quicker as there were only 2 customer service agents. Drop off was much quicker as there was no queue and the drop off back to the airport was straight away. I would use Carhood again and recommend them.

Steven J.Carhood

Good face-to-face customer service, some room to improve

I hired a Honda CRV for a weekend Brisbane trip and had a mostly positive experience with Carhood. The car was great and in-person customer service very good. The main negative was being charged for damage without much information or evidence given, however eventually the claims team came through and sorted it out. Also annoying that the phone line to get picked up from the airport seemed to constantly be busy - I'd recommend calling them as soon as you arrive at the airport. Maybe this was just for Brisbane though. I can see some room for improvement in their systems but it is an excellent concept and I hope the kinks can be worked out. I would give them another try, but will remember to take photos both before AND after returning the car.