MMB

MMBSydney, NSW

Good value service

Arrived at Melbourne and called for the bus. The car was fine - only didn't have some wiper fluid in it - but drove fine with no issues. Had a nice trip and had no concerns - really a great concept and great value for the renter.

The return was painless.

Cheap and easy

Everything went well with our rental. The car was exactly what we needed and we had no problems with it. Carhood we’re great with confirming the drop off and making sure we knew how to carry out a late drop off.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla

Budget car rental

The staff are very friendly and accommodating and easy to deal with. The car was ok however needed a good detail internally. the business is quite a distance from the airport and the opening times a free return to the airport are different so this is misleading. the return to the airport of 4pm for the last shuttle bus is too early.

Find out how Carhood compares to other Car Rental Services

Would come straight to you should we have known.

Not a big name but simple, hassle-free, user-friendly, and straightforward service. Car in a reasonably good condition. We went as far as the 12 Apostles on the Great Ocean Road. A refund wa made immediately to the credit card once we returned the car.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for that kind feedback! We do aim to give the best service possible. Looking forward to your next visit in Melbourne!

David A.

David A.South East Queensland, QLD

ok experience

Customer service was good.
Pickup at the airport was way too long because the garage you go to is MILES away from the MLB airport.
I ordered the car thinking it was a standard rental car, not someones personal car a-la AirBnB style. The car was fine, though. I also received an email alert a few days out that I may not be able to get a car, then I got a confirmation not long after, thankfully. It doesn't really instill me with much confidence. I'll probably avoid next time as pricing is comparable to standard rentals.

Crazy

CrazySouth East Queensland, QLD

Rental experience

Customer service was prompt and friendly
The bond was dealt with professionally
the vehicle was exactly as ordered which was clean, tidy and mechanically sound
We did about 450k for business without and problems

Vehicle TypeHonda CR-V

Dear Ma'am/Sir,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We do aim to give the best service possible. Hope to see you again!

Vicki C.

Vicki C.Perth, WA

Easy pick up and return, cheap, clean easy to drive car

Quick trip, perfect and reasonably priced. Professional staff, clean car, simple paperwork. Deposit refunded immediately. Staff advise on refuelling and location of servo much appreciated.Help with luggage and advise on best route was great

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi asx

Dear Vicki,

Thank you for that wonderful feedback! We do aim to please :) Hoping to see you again on your next trip!

Best option on a budget

I was not sure about using this service as it was unknown to me but will definitely use again due to there great service and rates. The car was what I ordered and the bond was returned within a couple of days.

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf

Hi Mate,

Thank you for your feedback! We definitely aim to give the best service. Looking forward to your next trip with us!

Darryl Dsouza

Darryl DsouzaSydney, NSW

Excellent price. Good service.

Didn't find another car for this price. The only issue I had was that when I called for the shuttle from the airport, nobody picked the call even when i tried 3 times over about 10 mins. And then I was picked about 25 mins later. All together it took 40 mins since I first tried to call to when I was picked up. Everything else was great.

Vehicle TypeSuzuki Swift

Dear Darryl,

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into improving our shuttle services to be able to give you the best service. Looking forward to your next trip with us!

Find out how Carhood compares to other Car Rental Services

Perfect location for hire car

I am very happy with very good service
Good support to all time
Car conditions very nice
I like one of this drop car after business hours so no rush
I get deposit back 100% within 4 days
I give 5* I hired car for 3 days and it's very cheap price everything good

Dear Girish,

Thank you for your feedback. At Carhood, we aim to give you the best service possible. Looking forward to your next trip with us!

Great car. Friendly service

Loved the car - Subaru Liberty. Easy to drive and lots of room. The boot was extra large so plenty of room for luggage.
Service was great.
The only downside was that its hard to contact anyone for information.

Vehicle TypeSubaru Liberty

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give the best service every time. We are looking into providing a better way for renters to be able to contact us 24/7. Looking forward to serving you again!

Kerrie

KerrieNorth Queensland, QLD

Review

Car was what we booked and service was good. bond was returned the next day and everything went well. Probably only thing was we tried calling before 9am and the phone wasnt answered as we needed the address as our booking had their new address and they hadnt shifted there yet

Vehicle TypeToyota Yaris

Hi Kerrie,
Thank you for your feedback! We at Carhood aim to serve you the best possible way. Our apologies for the miscommunication with our address. We are always aiming to improve our system. We look forward to serving you again!

Excellent service, great car, awesome price!

Pretty much all in my title - easy to communicate with, lovely people who picked us up from the airport and explained the rental t&c's to us, car was exactly as we'd been advised - super easy! My only suggestion would be to maybe offer renters the information that a service station is not too far from the drop-off point, just to make things even easier than they already were :-D

Vehicle TypeJeep Compass

Hi E,

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give the best service every time. We will take note about informing renters on the nearest service station. Looking forward to serving you again!

Very good car rental, but expensive tolls

Great little car, and a good price if you take the most basic car insurance (largest excess).
I discovered just before pickup that Carhood's management of tolls makes them expensive, so I had to drive through Brisbane's inner city bypass (which is slow) in order to avoid a hefty toll on the Gateway Bridge.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give the best service every time. In regards to tolls, you can opt for our Toll Cover for unlimited tolls and no admin fees. Looking forward to serving you again!

My experience ended in Tears

Do not use this company if you are arriving or departing outside there business hours!

A long, horrific story cut short . Our experience was the worse, especially with two children, one being as young as 10months old! Mark, the gentleman who we did see in person was great to us. But the company, their lack of information, follow up & communication had made me so mad.

Vehicle TypeToyota Tarago

Hi Rika,

Thank you for your feedback and our apologies for the inconvenience. We are constantly doing our best to improve our system. Looking forward to serving you again.

Lore

LoreSydney Surrounds, NSW

HORRIBLE SCAMMERS AND THIEVES - BEWARE!!!

Thursday Special

Service was prompt and effecient and found all the processes went very smoothly.
I did book a certain vehicle and found I received the same and it was a delight to drive and served our needs perfectly.
We used the vehicle for getting us around Melbourne for attending a funeral and visiting family and friends.

Hi Brenton,

Thank you for your feedback. We do aim to give quality service. We hope to serve you again in your future travels. Thank you for choosing Carhood!

Daniel N.

Daniel N.South East Queensland, QLD

Easy As

Good customer service, all the kinks were ironed out via email, instructions were simple and quite easy to follow, Payment was easy. And the Vehicle was exactly what I needed!

Vehicle TypeHolden Captiva

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for that kind review. We are glad that our service met your expectations. We look forward to serving you again. Thank you for choosing Carhood for your rental needs!

Excellent service would recommend and use again.

Collected from airport promptly and bond returned promptly. The car we received was exactly what I booked and met our families needs. We used the car for a holiday to visit family.

Vehicle TypeHolden Captiva

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We're glad that our service has met your expectations. We look forward to serving you again. Thank you for choosing Carhood for your rental needs!

Katie W.

Katie W.Hobart, TAS

I <3 Carhood!

Since discovering Carhood a few years ago I use them every time I go to Melbourne... Way more economical than any other transport option and always good service. I have never had a problem with a vehicle or charges.

Vehicle TypeHonda Accord

Hi Katie!

Thank you for always choosing Carhood as your transportation option. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Melbourne!