Carhood (page 2 of 4)

Car Owner, Car Renter

Sally

Sally

Car location

Car was not at the airport ready to be picked up, had to catch an Uber for 10 minutes to the location where the car was.
The keys where in a lock box which was fine.

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf

Hi Sally!

Thank you for that feedback. Rest assured, we are looking into making things as smooth as possible, that's including shuttle services 24/7 or locations nearer the airport. We hope to serve you again, thank you for choosing Carhood!

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service and staff

Super easy process, wonderful staff who went out of their way to accommodate me and my partner. Great service, and was picked up and dropped off at the airport promptly. Would book again without any hesitation. Highly recommended.

Vehicle TypeSedan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for that wonderful feedback! We do aim to please. We're hoping to be of service to you again. Thank you for choosing Carhood!

Linda Pasfield

Linda PasfieldTasmania

I use Carhood for the reasonable pricing all the time

The Team in Brisbane are great. However I dont think its fair to keep changing where their office/dropoff is. I couldn't find where to park the car when I dropped back. Not the Brisbane Team's fault but luckily I had a mobile phone number in my phone and was able to call them after hours, at 3pm to find out where the cars were to be dropped off. There was no signage wasn't there because they were in transition. I realise the Head Office is responsible for their office. Also when the hours are cut short it means you need to uber to the airport, with the extra cost you can also weigh that up and get a car from the airport.

Steven J.Carhood

Hi Linda! Thank you for choosing Carhood! We apologise for the inconvenience in finding our drop-offs but rest assured that we are working to serve you better. We are looking forward to when you will book with us again. Cheers!

Prue B

Prue BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good cheap vehicle hire

Used car for running around and visiting hospital within the Sutherland shire. Would definitely use again. Only criticism is car smelt stale. Like someone had carried fried food in it

October 2nd 2019 Update: Great car

The service was great. I would of used it the next time I hired except your hours of operation were not convenient. The staff are friendly but when someone is flying in or out it's hard to organise a taxi to or from depot to airport when depot is closed

Vehicle TypeToyota Yaris
Steven J.Carhood

Thank you for choosing Carhood Prue! Our technicians work hard to make sure our cars are newly washed inside and outside as well as vacuumed. We will definitely make sure that next time, your rental will have that "new car" smell :)

Eco friendly Carshsre

Reasonably simple and very cost effective car rental for multiple short distance commutes. It is a great example of the gig economy and conventional business intersecting to reduce consumer pricing sustainably.

Smooth Experience

Nice people, smooth experience on pick up and drop off. Perhaps be a little more clear on the trade-offs for toll payments. The car had some mileage but ran great.

Steven J.Carhood

Thank you for the heartwarming feedback Jimmy. We really appreciate it. Kind regards.

Grace Molossa

Grace MolossaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Super excellent company to recommend friends to try. Everything that I needed, it went so well with the service supported. Got the same vehicle I hired and at the good time. The bond handle went very perfect.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Mirage

Overall a good expereince

Good price for the car, car was great and drove well.
Person picking us up and dropping us off from the airport was quiet, not the best customer service, and location of the car for the drop off and pick up was a warehouse which made it feel a bit dodgy.

Steven J.Carhood

Car was good. Some improvements suggested with service

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf

Wendy

Wendy

Happy

We hired a small car for just the 2 of us.
It went really well. We drove it all weekend it was excellent on fuel. We would definitely hire again.

Steven J.Carhood

Great service and friendly team!

Vehicle TypeHolden Captiva
Jay

JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect in ever way!

Accommodating in every way! Effortless collection and drop off to the airport, the car was spotless and exactly as quoted. I will use Carhood again I’m the future and recommend them for your rental needs.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi ASX
Laura

LauraSydney, NSW

Really excellent and hassle free service!

Excellent customer service.
Although the Brisbane airport rental service is off site, the staff were so efficient and prompt in collecting me from the airport and return instructions were easy!

Vehicle Type Car
Lindsay Fawns

Lindsay FawnsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I was disappointed upon signing for the car was only told then that the office would not be open when I returned the car.
I did not fill the fuel as I was late , totally my fault , and after not paying a toll I asked that I could charge the toll to my account and received an Email from your company that my request was being reviewed and have heard no more.
Disappointed that I couldn’t talk to somebody live.
Right at the moment I don’t feel I would use Carhood again but I hope somebody would get in touch and change my mind.
Yours faithfully Lindsay Fawns

Vehicle TypeGolf

Surprisingly pleased!

From the first phone call as I walked out of the airport I was impressed with the attitude and professionalism of the people I spoke to. The gentleman who drove the bus and picked me up was absolutely fantastic, such a positive bloke.
The car I booked was clean and tidy albeit a little older than I expected but nonetheless clean and tidy.
I only had a short trip and the car performed as well as I would have expected, definitely no complaints. I have already informed my staff to utilise the services of Car Hood when they next visit Melbourne.

Vehicle TypeNissan Pulsar

Everything was perfect

Custom service, the car, the shuttle to the airport : perfect. I have no complain about the company. The reception was good, they gave us explanations about insurances. As we don't speak english fluently they took time to explain us the contract, the tolls, the insurances. The vehicule was the one I've booked, the good size but not the gearbox (I've booked a manual one, not an automatic, but it doesn't really matter). We booked ahead this car for a 10 days trip around this amazing land (Victoria : great Ocean Road and Melbourne).

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry
Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

CARHOOD IS UNFAIR

Carhood are not fair and reasonable. I returned the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. They charged me a fee of $50 to put an additional $3 worth of fuel in the tank. I supplied photos of the gauge which in my opinion is was full, and the photo of the receipt of $40.00 for fuel. You cannot call them, to discuss, they do not reply to your emails.
I DO NOT RECOMEND USING CARHOOD.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry
Received Booked VehicleYes

Got stung $360 for a minor repair was only picked up a one day after I returned the car

Vehicle TypeKia Cerato
Brendan

BrendanAustralian Capital Territory

Smooth process and great staff

Price got us through the door but the excellent staff made it a pleasure from airport shuttle to car collection. No shuttle available on Sunday afternoon the only issue. Drop off point in industrial area could be a concern for single people outside normal hours.

Vehicle TypeMini Clubman

A Good Result

Everything was handled professionally and courteously by competent staff. The car provided was ideal for the city travel and was comfortable for travel for long periods. The service will be used again.