Carhood (page 3 of 4)

Car Owner, Car Renter

Simon

SimonBrisbane

Fantastic car rental

Smooth and stress free operation and friendly staff. Will be using your company again. Vehicle in great condition and my bond refunded the next day. Thanks again Carhood for everything.

Beth

BethSydney, NSW

Prompt, friendly and professional service from Mark and Angela and a quick refund of our rental deposit. Easy pick-up and drop-off at the airport - probably quicker (and certainly cheaper) than waiting in line at the big airport car rental places. Great experience.

Hi Beth!
Thank you for the positive feedback! We'll make sure to let Mark and Angela know about your experience with them. We look forward to your next transaction with us!

Was all good until I got the Toll Bill

Everything leadinh up to the hire, and during the hire was great. Was told I'd be billed for tolls 4-6 weeks later, was told should be between $5-$10, got billed 4 times to a total of $75.

Have tried emailing, website chat, calling, and had no result, no answer from email and the chat guy said they'll look into it.

Lucia

LuciaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

Everything went smoothly from start to finish
Great guys in Melbourne office
Car was great
Prompt pick up would definitely use again
Had a mix up with car with GPS but sorted it out no problem

Hi Lucia!
Thank you for the positive feedback! We look forward to doing business with you again!

Rod

RodSouth East Queensland, QLD

The car was good, but I was required to make a huge deposit,

Everything went good. They were respectful, all the payments were successfully processed, vehicle good, only 2 things that would discourage me for next time: 4k on bond (that is too much) and no lift back.

Excellent service and my first choice for car rental from now on

Vehicle was great. Clean and well maintained. Staff were extremely helpful with my late arrival and made it really simple for me to return the car. Looking forward to next visit

Hi Damian,
Thank you for choosing Carhood! We're glad to hear about your great experience with us. We look forward to doing business with you again.

Great Team and reliable service

Mark, Angela and the team went out of their way to make sure all went well with my rental. I would not hesitate in renting from Carhood again. Recommended for a very reasonably priced car rental and friendly service.

Steven J.Carhood

Great customer service. Will use them again

The team in Sydney were great to deal with and the process was easy. I received my bond back quickly. We will use again and I have recommended them to friends and family

Peter J

Peter JRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great concept - poor business model

Find out how Carhood compares to other Car Rental Services

Value for money, recommended if you want a budget rental.

Customer service is great.
Handled well for the bond and other payment.
Vehicle changed but got an email notification.
I use the vehicle for site seeing, it quite meet my needs.

Vijay N.

Vijay N.South East Queensland, QLD

Great "newbie" in terms of Car rental

I had no idea how this uber-style concept in car rentals worked but was willing to have a go. It was a stress-free and a fantastic experience. I will certainly try this again. From the time we were picked up from the airport to delivery of our car to having our bond returned, it was so efficient.

Steven J.Carhood

Stay away from sharing your car

- Shared my car for 30 Days. 3500 Kms run, Total payment 280$ (Not even 1$/Km earning- Payment still awaited)
- Failed to drop me pick up instructions when I was collecting car during their out of office hours, had to wait for hours until their Sydney office opened. They asked to come by Taxi and will pay full refund - Failed to pay full refund.
- Don't depreciate your car value by sharing it to them (280$ for 3500 Kms ??) - I'd rather sell my car for 1000$ more for low usage of car (3500 Kms)

Parag P.
Parag P.

Payment due date has crossed on 6-June but still the payments have not been credited. Customer service executive guys have no clue when the outstanding payments would be made.

PJMelb

PJMelbMelbourne

Great experience. Highly recommend.

The staff explained everything in very detailed and polite manner. There were some issues with pricing, but he investigated and resolved the issue on time. The car was clean and fairly new.
I would recommend them to have office in the city so that people from city don't have to go to airport to pick up the car.

Best car hire

Great customer service, smooth car pick up/drop off, great variety of cars to choose from. Terrific value for money and bond was returned within 24hrs. I recommend Carhood to all my family and friends. Love it!

Tania

TaniaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

I recently hired a vehicle through carhood. The vehicle was as described. The service was fantastic and will definitely use this organisation when next hiring a vehicle in Sydney.
Tania

ShaunaSouth East Queensland, QLD

so easy

Customer service was great! everything was just so easy compared to even my best experiences in the past with other companies. Car was exactly what I thought and was perfect for the around town stuff I had to get done. Highly recommend!

Definitely!

jono

jonoSydney, NSW

Great concept. Good staff locally. But late payment issues turn me off completely.

This is the second time we have used car hood. First time i was a bit 50/50 about it mainly due to late payment. This time payment is late again and all i can get hold of is a guy in the Phillipines who is reading from a script and wont take responsibility. He did say after i pushed him relentlessly they have many customers who are waiting up to a month beyond the due payment date.
This puts me off using them again or recommending them.
Ive now no clue whether i will ever get paid.

Carolyn Larsen

Carolyn LarsenCentral West, NSW

Great customer service

Their customer service couldn't be faulted, my only complaint would be that they were quite a way from the airport, and we wasted a lot of time getting to and from the airport.

Gede Marsaja

Gede Marsaja

Car handling

Car was used in a responsible manner, kept in an under cover area and returned clean. There was speed ticket issued, but it was handled and paid straight away as soon as i notified Carhood.

Steven J.Carhood

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that you liked our service, I'll pass on your feedback to our Operations Team and I'm sure that they'll be delighted to see what you wrote in the review. We hope to see you again soon!

Regards,
Carhood Team

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Seamless

Upon arrival, I was greeted with a friendly face who explain everything I needed to know. The bond was returned promptly and the vehicle was exactly what I needed. I will definitely use again.

Regards,
Carhood Team

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John
John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith
Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell
Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki
Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services