• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle

Budget car rental

The staff are very friendly and accommodating and easy to deal with. The car was ok however needed a good detail internally. the business is quite a distance from the airport and the opening times a free return to the airport are different so this is misleading. the return to the airport of 4pm for the last shuttle bus is too early.

David A.

David A.South East Queensland, QLD

ok experience

Customer service was good.
Pickup at the airport was way too long because the garage you go to is MILES away from the MLB airport.
I ordered the car thinking it was a standard rental car, not someones personal car a-la AirBnB style. The car was fine, though. I also received an email alert a few days out that I may not be able to get a car, then I got a confirmation not long after, thankfully. It doesn't really instill me with much confidence. I'll probably avoid next time as pricing is comparable to standard rentals.

Sally

Sally

Car location

Car was not at the airport ready to be picked up, had to catch an Uber for 10 minutes to the location where the car was.
The keys where in a lock box which was fine.

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf

Hi Sally!

Thank you for that feedback. Rest assured, we are looking into making things as smooth as possible, that's including shuttle services 24/7 or locations nearer the airport. We hope to serve you again, thank you for choosing Carhood!

Car Rental Services

Find out how Carhood compares to other Car Rental Services

Car was good. Some improvements suggested with service

Vehicle TypeVolkswagen Golf
Lindsay Fawns

Lindsay FawnsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I was disappointed upon signing for the car was only told then that the office would not be open when I returned the car.
I did not fill the fuel as I was late , totally my fault , and after not paying a toll I asked that I could charge the toll to my account and received an Email from your company that my request was being reviewed and have heard no more.
Disappointed that I couldn’t talk to somebody live.
Right at the moment I don’t feel I would use Carhood again but I hope somebody would get in touch and change my mind.
Yours faithfully Lindsay Fawns

Vehicle TypeGolf
Rod

RodSouth East Queensland, QLD

The car was good, but I was required to make a huge deposit,

Everything went good. They were respectful, all the payments were successfully processed, vehicle good, only 2 things that would discourage me for next time: 4k on bond (that is too much) and no lift back.

Vehicle TypeHolden Astra
Mr Tee

Mr TeeSydney, NSW

Money saver, but can be improved

We didn't hire, but dropped our car on the way to our flight.

Saved us $90 on airport parking, but we had to email to find out how to transport 2 of my kids from depot. Turns out they have a minibus with 2 child seats. Would really help if this information is placed in the website.

A more accurate estimate on pickup would also help. We had to call again after waiting for 30min for pickup while being told it would be 15.

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John
John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith
Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell
Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki
Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services