1.2

The worst car that gime me in a Rent a Car

They gave me the hired brand and model, Mazda 3 but it has been the worst car that I have been given in all my experience in Rent a Cars, very old, with 160,000km, full of scratches. The employees were very friendly, the service was fast and easy but the car was a shame.

Vehicle TypeMazda 3
Erin B

Erin BSydney, NSW

THEIVES WHO DAMAGE PROPERTY

- Owe me thousands of dollars and I'm yet to see any of the money legally owed to me
- Damaged my car and failed to repair it properly
- Returned my car in horrible condition and unsafe to drive
- Staff DO NOT CARE about you or your car
- CARHOOD are professional thieves, liars and scammers!

Never again

Never again, old car, hidden charges, unclear business model (presented as traditional car rental agency on a car rental aggregator website), and now they hold AUD4,000 charge on my credit card without doing a joint inspection of the vehicle when I returned it. Horrendous.

EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Atrocious service, atrocious value for money

Service is made unclear when booking. Absolutely atrocious service. Long, tedious pick up process. Ridiculously excessive toll fees (paid $50 to use $9 worth of tolls). For the same price could of gone with a reputable company with far more convenience and a better car. Absolutely never again

Emily

Car Crap, Customer Service Crap, Toll Fees Excessive....

Car was fully scratched, trims hanging off,rear bumper loose, seats stained, 165000 hard kms , brakes sounded like they were metal on metal, and a wobble at 100km per hour, oh , and 46 bucks billed to my card weeks later for 2 tolls that would normally be about 5 bucks worth, my advice, stay away, far far away

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

Hi Bradley,

I hope you are well. My apologies for the inconvenience. We will look into this, as we always make sure that the cars rented out are all road worthy. Thank you for your feedback.

Bradley m.

OK, thanks Steven, please post the outcome after you. "look into it" I will be interested to hear the response.

Bradley m.

CAR HOOD must be still looking into it by the looks, as no response yet but that what ive come to expect from CAR HOOD, again ONE STAR RATING..........

Kath G.

Kath G.Queensland

If I didn't call a Taxi I'd still be sitting in the gutter.

One month on after the worst experience of my life and I still haven't heard from Carhood.
Completely unreachable in an emergency which left us over $600 out of pocket. Worst experience with any company in my life! Urgent requests for help still unanswered a month later! Live chat is not 'live chat' but a ticket service - no one ever responds. The emergency number directs you to -you guessed it- the live chat! If I could give negative 10 stars I would! Angry beyond belief at how this company left us stranded. Avoid at all costs!!

Enrico N.Sydney, NSW

Carefull!!! Damage to car and no Payout, big Scam!!!!

I left my car with them for 6 weeks and on my return after many issues when dropping off and pick up I never got paid, they said they had no money and the new investor will pay. this was Christmas new yar 2018-2019, until today no money!
Please also see the Current Affair report and many complaints lodged with ACCC.

Enrico N.

I did chat with them and they been told nothing. Don’t think payment outstanding since Feb and not it is September, that is 7 month.

Justice SeekerSydney, NSW

Avoid them like the plague

Vehicle TypeMazda 3
Justice Seeker

No Payment! Don't List Your Car!

Got my car back early March 2019, now is already Sept, 6 months ago... My car got damage at the back, cost $450 to fix. No car listed payment no car claim payment either. Email few times no reply; call up, they say only for pick up and drop off service; live chat, they say will get the payment pay as soon as possible but don't know when will get it. I think this company is bankrupt soon. Anyway to report them?

MrsP

MrsPSydney, NSW

Hidden charges, ridiculously short open hours, crappy cars!

Vehicle TypeMini Hatch Cooper

It was ok

Need better face to face customer service. 1 head light was out and I was told to fix it myself because they didn’t have the time which I did not have the time to do hence why I hired a car in the first place. Upon returning the car the depot was not even made aware of me contacting them to report the faulty headlight.

Vehicle TypeVolvo XC60
Katie

KatieSydney, NSW

Carhood - A sharing economy Nightmare!

I've been a customer since April last year, back in January this year after I picked up my car after listing with them for 2 weeks, I noticed a chip on my windscreen. They initially tried to tell me that it may have been there when I dropped off the vehicle, however after checking their check-in photos it was clear that my windscreen was not damaged when it was dropped off with them. So their claims manager - [Name Removed] has agreed to pay for the repair, I had the chip repaired in February and they said accounts will reimburse me accordingly, I have not received a dime since. Not to mention all the rental income that I should have received over the last 2 years.

[Irrelevent Content Removed]

Margaret

MargaretPerth, WA

Still Waiting for my Refund and Horrible Customer Service Hotline!

Marissa W.

Marissa W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No payment

Carhood promised to pay within a month after getting my car back. No payment as yet. Called customer services many times, no response, always waiting for 'senior management team'. Contacted their accounts directly, told them I'm taking it to VCAT or to the papers, they said they can't do anything about it, without authorisation from the senior management team, no payment can be realised, and they are not allowed to share any contact detail from the senior management team.

To owner's in Victoria, I am going to take this further, please contact me (message me) if you want to be part of this. The more people we have the better chance we can take it to a pro bono lawyer.

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Unperfect way to let my car in their hands

Wasted my time, Use my car and make money with my car, write to them x 5 times, call them x 4 times, went to the office in Sydney x 1,, WHERE IS MY $1485 YOU OWE ME??. liers, untrue, WILL fight them till I get my money,,and others customers money,,Scam business,, they are making thousands of $$ with people cars.

StanSydney, NSW

Carhood is full of con people

Read this first! They are con people. I left my car with them for more than 10 months. As of now, no money, overdue penalty notice, car damage and broken things, a few missing things. Support is unhelpful! All emails and support tickets are ignored. We are filing a case to Fair Trading and Court now. Stay away from them.

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla
Stan

Guys, do not forget to complete this form:

They claimed that it is only three upset customers from A Current Affair..

Scott. B.

Scott. B.Darling Downs, QLD

Great price, but not so great car!

Great price, professionals staff etc.
Car was unroadworthy, very used condition. (seperated tread, rear Tyers) had to get it repaired during trip in country town. Overall not a good experience.

Alireza

AlirezaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible: They must be stopped with heavy fines. Class action is needed to bring them into the court