Carhood (page 3 of 35)

Car Owner, Car Renter

Davo

DavoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No Payment!!

Add me to the list. They owe me $500 for renting out my car May to July 2019. I have used them before with no problems, but they are obviously having financial problems recently.

Daniel N.

Daniel N.South East Queensland, QLD

Easy As

Good customer service, all the kinks were ironed out via email, instructions were simple and quite easy to follow, Payment was easy. And the Vehicle was exactly what I needed!

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for that kind review. We are glad that our service met your expectations. We look forward to serving you again. Thank you for choosing Carhood for your rental needs!

Excellent service would recommend and use again.

Collected from airport promptly and bond returned promptly. The car we received was exactly what I booked and met our families needs. We used the car for a holiday to visit family.

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We're glad that our service has met your expectations. We look forward to serving you again. Thank you for choosing Carhood for your rental needs!

coldkgon

coldkgonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

used to be good, now terrible

Review collected in partnership with Carhood

Katie W.

Katie W.Hobart, TAS

I <3 Carhood!

Since discovering Carhood a few years ago I use them every time I go to Melbourne... Way more economical than any other transport option and always good service. I have never had a problem with a vehicle or charges.

Hi Katie!

Thank you for always choosing Carhood as your transportation option. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Melbourne!

Imi

ImiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awaiting carhood payment for over 3 moths. Is this some fraudulent scheme car hood is running?

Extremely poor and a disappointed customer. I am waiting to be paid for over three months from carhood. When will I get paid? Is this some fraudulent scheme car hood is running?I left my car with car hood in may/June 2019 for 6 weeks. I am meant to be paid close to $300. When I called they said they waiting for funds and il will be paid soon. It's been 3 months since my call to them and haven't heard back since. They made money renting my car out. Is this a fraud company?

Kostas S.

Kostas S.Sydney, NSW

Very good.

Very polite and helpful staff. Payment handled very well.
I was expecting a different car.
I used to car to attend to a three day conference. Everything was fine. After all i was satisfied.

Hi Kostas!

Thank you for that kind feedback. We do aim to give great customer service everytime. We hope to see you again on your next trip. Thank you for choosing Carhood!

Sally

Sally

Car location

Car was not at the airport ready to be picked up, had to catch an Uber for 10 minutes to the location where the car was.
The keys where in a lock box which was fine.

Hi Sally!

Thank you for that feedback. Rest assured, we are looking into making things as smooth as possible, that's including shuttle services 24/7 or locations nearer the airport. We hope to serve you again, thank you for choosing Carhood!

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service and staff

Super easy process, wonderful staff who went out of their way to accommodate me and my partner. Great service, and was picked up and dropped off at the airport promptly. Would book again without any hesitation. Highly recommended.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for that wonderful feedback! We do aim to please. We're hoping to be of service to you again. Thank you for choosing Carhood!

Enrico N.Sydney, NSW

Carefull!!! Damage to car and no Payout, big Scam!!!!

I left my car with them for 6 weeks and on my return after many issues when dropping off and pick up I never got paid, they said they had no money and the new investor will pay. this was Christmas new yar 2018-2019, until today no money!
Please also see the Current Affair report and many complaints lodged with ACCC.

Enrico N.

I did chat with them and they been told nothing. Don’t think payment outstanding since Feb and not it is September, that is 7 month.

Linda Pasfield

Linda PasfieldTasmania

I use Carhood for the reasonable pricing all the time

The Team in Brisbane are great. However I dont think its fair to keep changing where their office/dropoff is. I couldn't find where to park the car when I dropped back. Not the Brisbane Team's fault but luckily I had a mobile phone number in my phone and was able to call them after hours, at 3pm to find out where the cars were to be dropped off. There was no signage wasn't there because they were in transition. I realise the Head Office is responsible for their office. Also when the hours are cut short it means you need to uber to the airport, with the extra cost you can also weigh that up and get a car from the airport.

Steven J.Carhood

Hi Linda! Thank you for choosing Carhood! We apologise for the inconvenience in finding our drop-offs but rest assured that we are working to serve you better. We are looking forward to when you will book with us again. Cheers!

Prue B

Prue BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good cheap vehicle hire

Used car for running around and visiting hospital within the Sutherland shire. Would definitely use again. Only criticism is car smelt stale. Like someone had carried fried food in it

October 2nd 2019 Update: Great car

The service was great. I would of used it the next time I hired except your hours of operation were not convenient. The staff are friendly but when someone is flying in or out it's hard to organise a taxi to or from depot to airport when depot is closed

Steven J.Carhood

Thank you for choosing Carhood Prue! Our technicians work hard to make sure our cars are newly washed inside and outside as well as vacuumed. We will definitely make sure that next time, your rental will have that "new car" smell :)

Daz

DazHunter Region, NSW

Brilliant !!! Highly Recommend !!

We hired our car through Carhood for 2 days in Brisbane withe the family and they were superb . Customer Service was second to none !! We got a free upgrade to a larger newer vehicle for free . No hassles , no problems . The smoothest car hiring process I have ever experienced
Will be back and will definitely use them again.

Steven J.Carhood

Thank you for choosing Carhood! We are glad that you had a pleasant experience with our service.

Justice SeekerSydney, NSW

Avoid them like the plague

Justice Seeker

they never pay you and they don't take care your car at all

I traveled oversea for a long time and they never pay me for leasing out my car. It's been for a few months. They did not take care my car and I am paying for damage out of my own pocket.

Find out how Carhood compares to other Car Rental Services

No Payment! Don't List Your Car!

Got my car back early March 2019, now is already Sept, 6 months ago... My car got damage at the back, cost $450 to fix. No car listed payment no car claim payment either. Email few times no reply; call up, they say only for pick up and drop off service; live chat, they say will get the payment pay as soon as possible but don't know when will get it. I think this company is bankrupt soon. Anyway to report them?

Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

They don’t pay

I left my car with them for a year while I was overseas. I picked it up in December 2018. 10 months and many emails later and I still have not been paid. Their customer service online chat could not tell me when I will get paid and the accounts email address they refer you to does not respond.

Eco friendly Carshsre

Reasonably simple and very cost effective car rental for multiple short distance commutes. It is a great example of the gig economy and conventional business intersecting to reduce consumer pricing sustainably.

JohnMelbourne

No payment after car was rented out

Share my Car and it was rented out for 4 days and i have not received payment. Its almost 2 months now . You cannot call and speak t ok anyone because they direct everycall to a live chat. Did a Livechat with them abd their response was they are still trying to sort out a payment glitch in their system . They also said something about using the funds they receive for other expenses first. Its an absolute scam . They make use of your car to make money , give u free airport parking , promise you 25% but give u nothing .

Smooth Experience

Nice people, smooth experience on pick up and drop off. Perhaps be a little more clear on the trade-offs for toll payments. The car had some mileage but ran great.

Steven J.Carhood

Thank you for the heartwarming feedback Jimmy. We really appreciate it. Kind regards.

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith
Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell
Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki
Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services