Carhood (page 4 of 35)

Car Owner, Car Renter

Grace Molossa

Grace MolossaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Super excellent company to recommend friends to try. Everything that I needed, it went so well with the service supported. Got the same vehicle I hired and at the good time. The bond handle went very perfect.

Overall a good expereince

Good price for the car, car was great and drove well.
Person picking us up and dropping us off from the airport was quiet, not the best customer service, and location of the car for the drop off and pick up was a warehouse which made it feel a bit dodgy.

Steven J.Carhood

Car was good. Some improvements suggested with service

DanVe1255

DanVe1255Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Let's go public with this

Carhood have not paid out on our car hire and tolls used over a yr ago. I think it is necessary to on national television to hold them accountable. I am contactable and happy to arrange

Melissa Bush

Melissa BushSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect sized car

Good customer service
Yes bond was handled well
Yes we got the same vehicle that we booked
Personal travel and yes it met our needs as we only travelled around Ballarat and into Melbourne

Wendy

Wendy

Happy

We hired a small car for just the 2 of us.
It went really well. We drove it all weekend it was excellent on fuel. We would definitely hire again.

Steven J.Carhood

Great service and friendly team!

Jay

JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect in ever way!

Accommodating in every way! Effortless collection and drop off to the airport, the car was spotless and exactly as quoted. I will use Carhood again I’m the future and recommend them for your rental needs.

Laura

LauraSydney, NSW

Really excellent and hassle free service!

Excellent customer service.
Although the Brisbane airport rental service is off site, the staff were so efficient and prompt in collecting me from the airport and return instructions were easy!

Lindsay Fawns

Lindsay FawnsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I was disappointed upon signing for the car was only told then that the office would not be open when I returned the car.
I did not fill the fuel as I was late , totally my fault , and after not paying a toll I asked that I could charge the toll to my account and received an Email from your company that my request was being reviewed and have heard no more.
Disappointed that I couldn’t talk to somebody live.
Right at the moment I don’t feel I would use Carhood again but I hope somebody would get in touch and change my mind.
Yours faithfully Lindsay Fawns

Surprisingly pleased!

From the first phone call as I walked out of the airport I was impressed with the attitude and professionalism of the people I spoke to. The gentleman who drove the bus and picked me up was absolutely fantastic, such a positive bloke.
The car I booked was clean and tidy albeit a little older than I expected but nonetheless clean and tidy.
I only had a short trip and the car performed as well as I would have expected, definitely no complaints. I have already informed my staff to utilise the services of Car Hood when they next visit Melbourne.

Everything was perfect

Custom service, the car, the shuttle to the airport : perfect. I have no complain about the company. The reception was good, they gave us explanations about insurances. As we don't speak english fluently they took time to explain us the contract, the tolls, the insurances. The vehicule was the one I've booked, the good size but not the gearbox (I've booked a manual one, not an automatic, but it doesn't really matter). We booked ahead this car for a 10 days trip around this amazing land (Victoria : great Ocean Road and Melbourne).

Anna B

Anna BSydney, NSW

Extremely poor customer service

RussellHunter Region, NSW

Carhood avoiding taking responsibility for damage to my car

Do Not Use This Company Ever

MrsP

MrsPSydney, NSW

Hidden charges, ridiculously short open hours, crappy cars!

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

CARHOOD IS UNFAIR

Carhood are not fair and reasonable. I returned the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. They charged me a fee of $50 to put an additional $3 worth of fuel in the tank. I supplied photos of the gauge which in my opinion is was full, and the photo of the receipt of $40.00 for fuel. You cannot call them, to discuss, they do not reply to your emails.
I DO NOT RECOMEND USING CARHOOD.

Guillaume

GuillaumeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My car was stolen while rented out. 10 months later they still owe me $3.5k

I left my car with Carhood while I was travelling overseas. During the trip they informed me my car had been stolen while being rented out.
It's been a nightmare to get hold of them. They still owe me their insurance excess ($3000) and my owner earnings ($500).
Terrible customer service, case manager changed over this period of time, CEO made an excuse statement promising payments would resume within 4 to 6 weeks. It's been more than 2 months since this statement.
They don't take phone requests anymore, you get redirected to a live chat on their website. But the chat is not "live anymore". It's just a gateway to a generic email, with a not followed-up promise to get back to me within 2 business days.

Avoid at all cost.

Got stung $360 for a minor repair was only picked up a one day after I returned the car

Beware - They do not pay the vehicle owner!!!

They owe me a lot of money. Despite follow-up they have not paid me at all for the last 3 times they rented my car out. On top I got saddled with toll fees and an Uber fare for pickup which they said they would refund. It's frustrating to read good reviews from renters who are using cars from people like me without Carhood paying for them!!

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John
John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki
Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services