Carhood (page 4 of 6)

Car Owner, Car Renter

• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle

Saved money, made money, clean car!

Easy to use, although their office was a bit hectic when I dropped my car off on Christmas Day. Apart from that, everything went perfectly and it sounds like I'll be paid some money shortly because my car was rented out for 2 days. Hassle free service!

Kumar

KumarCranbourne North

Needs to be more organised as your online booking

Booking experience was great on their website, navigation missing on the vechile rented. On arrival customer service not great , too rude with customer for questioning about non availability of navigation as it was not informed to customer before the vechicle pick up , even threatened to cancel the booking & torn all the paper work .but rental returns customer service was superb & excellent

John k

John kSydney

An option worth considering

Booking online was very slick and seamless. Uber driver that was dispatched to pick us up from the Mel Airport was waiting at the wrong spot for us which we eventually sorted after 15mins of waiting. On arriving to pick up the car the process took longer than we expected as the single person manning the shop had to answer calls and deal with issues while we waited unnecessarily. That said we found a great car and a great price and drop off process was all ok. Would use again.

Steven J.Carhood

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to address any issues, such as Uber not being in the correct area.

blaze

blazecessnock

Excellent service

Kerry

KerryVictoria

Delayed airport pick up

Ancey

AnceyNewcastle

First time user - very happy

Easy to book, pick up at the airport terminal very easy, excellent vehicle. Very happy with the whole process and certainly will use this service again. Delivery back to the terminal was also a breeze.

A win-win-win experience

Easy to book. A great idea being a win-win-win for the person "storing" their car, for Carhood and for us. No complications for pickup or drop-off. We knew that Carhood would be off the Airport itself

Shadow

Shadowmelbourne

How to improve

Its sort of OK

The Idea is good except for the fact when its busy it takes a long time to get picked up and find them at the airport but for cheapness if you can put up with a bit of inconvenience its very good

Steven J.Carhood

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Alan. Feedback is an important tool that can enable us to provide better customer satisfaction and your feedback will help improve our service.

Find out how Carhood compares to other Car Rental Services

Great service. Just takes too long from being collected to driving away from their office. Wish the

The cars have always been fine. I have used carhood on several occasions and never had any issues with quality of vehicle. They are always clean and car seats installed correctly.

Steven J.Carhood

Thank you for your review Janie. I understand the collection process can take time. We are currently working on ways to improve this.

easy no hassels - from Perth

i like car hood, it was easy to hire on line, i got free airport pickup and drop off, the quality of cars were fine, i opted for a limit of 800km at a reasonable price, this is the second time in three weeks i used this agency and found them to be of good service and quality i have nothing negative to reveal.

Karen HerbertSydney, NSW

Very convenient.

Great service. Never have to worry about taxis to and from the airport. Transported from Carhood to the airport in my own car. And only wait 5-10 minutes upon arrival for my car to be returned to me at the airport.
Friendly staff.
Have to wait up to 60 days for rental income - seems a bit long to wait.
But staff have agreed to prioritize my payment which is positive.

Michael Law

Michael LawBrisbane

I like the service

every thing was good but to charge fuel for $3.00 per liter considered not good for the reputation. Hope your company will consider this other than this I like the service.

Very good

I still have not received payment from Carhood. It has been 24 days since I used the service.the car was rented for 7 days out of 12. It was very confusing as to where the premises is in Sydney. We phoned multiple times but couldn't get through.

Review collected in partnership with Carhood

Fast response, very tidy newish car, refunded our gps as it didn't have a hand set, very fast and didn't have to wait too long for shuttle to and from airport.just need to update new office address in gps

Steven J.Carhood

Hi Lisa, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review and thank you for your comments. We will see that the new site is updated in GPS.

Excellent idea

Excellent alternative for travellers, loved the fact i got a clean car upon my arrival. Looking forward to see the $ i earn while my car was rented. The drop off during early hours was a bit of an inconvenience though.

Great concept!

I’ve had good experiences with Carhood and will definitely continue using them. Their payments process is a bit slow and sometimes needs following up. Good luck smashing the airport car parking and expensive car rental models.

Rookie

RookieSydney

A good service and a nice alternative to airport parking

I hosted my car with carhood Sydney airport. The process of parking the car and picking up was smooth from the airport. We were dropped at the airport and our car was brought to the airport to pickup. The only major improvement is I feel the delay in responding to our queries and processing payments. I received my payment only about after 3 weeks of picking up my car.

Very happy

It was the easiest online site to navigate to rent a vehicle for our 8 day stay in Geelong. I knew exactly what I was paying when I booked. No surprises later.
Customer service was excellent apart from confusion about pick up point at Melbourne airport. A detailed map would have helped.
The vehicle we hired was a 2014 VW Golf. Could have been cleaner inside but nothing that bothered us & the minor marks on the car at pick up were indicated clearly both visually & on a sheet. I also took photos.
Would definitely recommend them & would use them again.

Kurzo

KurzoMelbourne

Potential to be successful

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John
John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith
Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki
Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services