Carhood (page 5 of 35)

Car Owner, Car Renter

Beware - They do not pay the vehicle owner!!!

They owe me a lot of money. Despite follow-up they have not paid me at all for the last 3 times they rented my car out. On top I got saddled with toll fees and an Uber fare for pickup which they said they would refund. It's frustrating to read good reviews from renters who are using cars from people like me without Carhood paying for them!!

It was ok

Need better face to face customer service. 1 head light was out and I was told to fix it myself because they didn’t have the time which I did not have the time to do hence why I hired a car in the first place. Upon returning the car the depot was not even made aware of me contacting them to report the faulty headlight.

Brendan

BrendanAustralian Capital Territory

Smooth process and great staff

Price got us through the door but the excellent staff made it a pleasure from airport shuttle to car collection. No shuttle available on Sunday afternoon the only issue. Drop off point in industrial area could be a concern for single people outside normal hours.

A Good Result

Everything was handled professionally and courteously by competent staff. The car provided was ideal for the city travel and was comfortable for travel for long periods. The service will be used again.

Simon

SimonBrisbane

Fantastic car rental

Smooth and stress free operation and friendly staff. Will be using your company again. Vehicle in great condition and my bond refunded the next day. Thanks again Carhood for everything.

Beth

BethSydney, NSW

Prompt, friendly and professional service from Mark and Angela and a quick refund of our rental deposit. Easy pick-up and drop-off at the airport - probably quicker (and certainly cheaper) than waiting in line at the big airport car rental places. Great experience.

Hi Beth!
Thank you for the positive feedback! We'll make sure to let Mark and Angela know about your experience with them. We look forward to your next transaction with us!
Cheers!

They owe me lots of money.

I give them one star because in the past they have been okay. BUT as somebody who rents out a car with them they owe me alot of money and don't respond to my emails. I am considering taking them to VCAT.

Was all good until I got the Toll Bill

Everything leadinh up to the hire, and during the hire was great. Was told I'd be billed for tolls 4-6 weeks later, was told should be between $5-$10, got billed 4 times to a total of $75.

Have tried emailing, website chat, calling, and had no result, no answer from email and the chat guy said they'll look into it.

Lucia

LuciaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

Everything went smoothly from start to finish
Great guys in Melbourne office
Car was great
Prompt pick up would definitely use again
Had a mix up with car with GPS but sorted it out no problem

Hi Lucia!
Thank you for the positive feedback! We look forward to doing business with you again!

Rod

RodSouth East Queensland, QLD

The car was good, but I was required to make a huge deposit,

Everything went good. They were respectful, all the payments were successfully processed, vehicle good, only 2 things that would discourage me for next time: 4k on bond (that is too much) and no lift back.

Easy and multiple efficient

Pick up at airport and car pick up smooth and efficient. Customer service representative great and knowledgeable. Vehicle upgrade more than expected and more than met our needs and nicely cleaned.

Steven J.Carhood

Hi Michael! Thank you for using Carhood! We're glad to hear you had an easy transaction with us. It's our pleasure to be of assistance. We look forward to doing business with you again!
Cheers!

Excellent service and my first choice for car rental from now on

Vehicle was great. Clean and well maintained. Staff were extremely helpful with my late arrival and made it really simple for me to return the car. Looking forward to next visit

Hi Damian,
Thank you for choosing Carhood! We're glad to hear about your great experience with us. We look forward to doing business with you again.

Great Team and reliable service

Mark, Angela and the team went out of their way to make sure all went well with my rental. I would not hesitate in renting from Carhood again. Recommended for a very reasonably priced car rental and friendly service.

Steven J.Carhood

Great customer service. Will use them again

The team in Sydney were great to deal with and the process was easy. I received my bond back quickly. We will use again and I have recommended them to friends and family

Peter J

Peter JRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great concept - poor business model

Satyaki C.

Satyaki C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Everything perfect except for not being paid

Im disappointed that my payment that was due at the end of May 2019 (for a car let out in April 2019) is yet to be paid out. I know their point of having issues with funding, but it's not fair to be told that afterwards. In all fairness the experience in handing the car to them, getting it back in an immaculate state and communications, were all great. There was even a speeding fine that was simple to nominate Carhood and not worry about. If anything I am appreciative of how well it works and how courteous the staff at Melbourne Airport were. But at the end of the day I didn't get paid yet for the use of my car and that is upsetting.

First fool

First foolCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

worst suffering

simply I gave my car to Carhood in April 2018 and got back after 42 days Still trying to get my payment of 250 AUD,more than 1 year. on their website there is fake rating allways check google or ask anyone who gave car to them

Value for money, recommended if you want a budget rental.

Customer service is great.
Handled well for the bond and other payment.
Vehicle changed but got an email notification.
I use the vehicle for site seeing, it quite meet my needs.

Vijay N.

Vijay N.South East Queensland, QLD

Great "newbie" in terms of Car rental

I had no idea how this uber-style concept in car rentals worked but was willing to have a go. It was a stress-free and a fantastic experience. I will certainly try this again. From the time we were picked up from the airport to delivery of our car to having our bond returned, it was so efficient.

Steven J.Carhood

Their insurance doesn't cover everything

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John
John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith
Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell
Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki
Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services