Kathy

KathyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely disgusting

Car hood swiftly took 4K out of my bank for scratches on rim and tyre of one wheel and returned nothing. No reply to emails or calls since and this was over a year ago. 1300 number is disconnected. I want my money back

Mudassar R.

Mudassar R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its a Scam and defaulter company

Its a big scam and they use your car to earn money and will not give you any promised money. They owe me 250$ as they rented out my car for 11 days. But when it comes to pay out my money they stated that they are not in position to pay any money to any of its client. So don't give them your car at all.

No payment for over 1 year

No payment for over 1 year, if i can give 0 star i will do it, i have been call 10+ and email 10+ no one care,
can someone advice me what can i do?

Cori

CoriSydney, NSW

Hidden Costs and Slow Service

I rented a car and had an accident which wasn't my fault (was hit in the rear by another car). They took a year to resolve the issue and then hit me with hidden costs! Not only did I have to follow them up several times but then they tell me about a fee hidden in the fine print that they didn't tell me about until the last second and I had to chase them up about it!

Do not rent from these people

Doda

DodaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No payment for over 6 months

Beware its a scam now

Hi Steven

Till date, I haven't received my payout or the reimbursement of the tolls used by other drivers.
Can you please look into it on urgent basis.

The worst car that gime me in a Rent a Car

They gave me the hired brand and model, Mazda 3 but it has been the worst car that I have been given in all my experience in Rent a Cars, very old, with 160,000km, full of scratches. The employees were very friendly, the service was fast and easy but the car was a shame.

Erin B

Erin BSydney, NSW

THEIVES WHO DAMAGE PROPERTY

- Owe me thousands of dollars and I'm yet to see any of the money legally owed to me
- Damaged my car and failed to repair it properly
- Returned my car in horrible condition and unsafe to drive
- Staff DO NOT CARE about you or your car
- CARHOOD are professional thieves, liars and scammers!

Davide

DavideSydney, NSW

money owing

Hi Carhood,

We still waiting to get paid for our 2 listing from last year. How do I get those money?

We been waiting enough i think. How can i find someone to speak to?

Never again

Never again, old car, hidden charges, unclear business model (presented as traditional car rental agency on a car rental aggregator website), and now they hold AUD4,000 charge on my credit card without doing a joint inspection of the vehicle when I returned it. Horrendous.

CookieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not very helpful

We had a booking via a third party for car hood.
I need to delay the return of the car until the evening. This couldnt be done - they couldnt even offer another vehicle even though we were willing to pay more for another car. They left us in the lurch. I was also not aware that this is basically Airbnb for cars. The reason they couldnt extend our rental time was because the owner wanted it back .
Thank goodness the original company I sourced the Carhood rental through were wonderful and sorted it out with SIXT, who have been great.

Thank you.
It really was the first time we have ever encountered a car hire group that couldn't offer us anything at all, even when we were prepared to pay more.
Having your own fleet might remedy this.

Unhappy

UnhappyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TERRIBLE!

We are still waiting to be paid $1000 16 months after hiring out our car. The customer service is a joke as they just keep repeating the same lies about being paid soon. There is no offical complaints department. There is no way to speak to or contact the finance department re payment owing. They wont redirect you to a manager. DO NOT RENT OUT YOUR CAR WITH CARHOOD IF YOU EXPECT PAYMENT!

Beware! Shonky business

I left my car with Carhood for 67 days and I can see from my account with them, that it was rented out over a dozen times. The car was returned to me, and there were a couple of minor issues... BUT nothing more than the criminal activity of earning money from renting out my car, then not paying me a cent.
I have now been chasing my money owed, for over a year.
I received an email from Carhood 5 months ago (in May 2019) about how excited they were to receive more funding from investors and promised to pay me within 4-6 weeks.
All up, it has now been over 14 months of promises... and I still have not been paid.
Please also check the Current Affair report and many complaints lodged with ACCC.

Review collected in partnership with Carhood

Kyle O.

Kyle O.South East Queensland, QLD

Complete SCAM. Do not give them your vehicle!

Lore

LoreSydney Surrounds, NSW

HORRIBLE SCAMMERS AND THIEVES - BEWARE!!!

Soulore S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrible customer service and hidden fees BEWARE this company

EmilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Atrocious service, atrocious value for money

Service is made unclear when booking. Absolutely atrocious service. Long, tedious pick up process. Ridiculously excessive toll fees (paid $50 to use $9 worth of tolls). For the same price could of gone with a reputable company with far more convenience and a better car. Absolutely never again

Emily

Car Crap, Customer Service Crap, Toll Fees Excessive....

Car was fully scratched, trims hanging off,rear bumper loose, seats stained, 165000 hard kms , brakes sounded like they were metal on metal, and a wobble at 100km per hour, oh , and 46 bucks billed to my card weeks later for 2 tolls that would normally be about 5 bucks worth, my advice, stay away, far far away

Hi Bradley,

I hope you are well. My apologies for the inconvenience. We will look into this, as we always make sure that the cars rented out are all road worthy. Thank you for your feedback.

Bradley m.

OK, thanks Steven, please post the outcome after you. "look into it" I will be interested to hear the response.

Bradley m.

CAR HOOD must be still looking into it by the looks, as no response yet but that what ive come to expect from CAR HOOD, again ONE STAR RATING..........

Kath G.

Kath G.Queensland

If I didn't call a Taxi I'd still be sitting in the gutter.

One month on after the worst experience of my life and I still haven't heard from Carhood.
Completely unreachable in an emergency which left us over $600 out of pocket. Worst experience with any company in my life! Urgent requests for help still unanswered a month later! Live chat is not 'live chat' but a ticket service - no one ever responds. The emergency number directs you to -you guessed it- the live chat! If I could give negative 10 stars I would! Angry beyond belief at how this company left us stranded. Avoid at all costs!!

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John
John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith
Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell
Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki
Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services