• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle

My experience ended in Tears

Do not use this company if you are arriving or departing outside there business hours!

A long, horrific story cut short . Our experience was the worse, especially with two children, one being as young as 10months old! Mark, the gentleman who we did see in person was great to us. But the company, their lack of information, follow up & communication had made me so mad.

Hi Rika,

Thank you for your feedback and our apologies for the inconvenience. We are constantly doing our best to improve our system. Looking forward to serving you again.

Got stung $360 for a minor repair was only picked up a one day after I returned the car

Was all good until I got the Toll Bill

Everything leadinh up to the hire, and during the hire was great. Was told I'd be billed for tolls 4-6 weeks later, was told should be between $5-$10, got billed 4 times to a total of $75.

Have tried emailing, website chat, calling, and had no result, no answer from email and the chat guy said they'll look into it.

Satyaki C.

Satyaki C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Everything perfect except for not being paid

Im disappointed that my payment that was due at the end of May 2019 (for a car let out in April 2019) is yet to be paid out. I know their point of having issues with funding, but it's not fair to be told that afterwards. In all fairness the experience in handing the car to them, getting it back in an immaculate state and communications, were all great. There was even a speeding fine that was simple to nominate Carhood and not worry about. If anything I am appreciative of how well it works and how courteous the staff at Melbourne Airport were. But at the end of the day I didn't get paid yet for the use of my car and that is upsetting.

Scott. B.

Scott. B.Darling Downs, QLD

Great price, but not so great car!

Great price, professionals staff etc.
Car was unroadworthy, very used condition. (seperated tread, rear Tyers) had to get it repaired during trip in country town. Overall not a good experience.

Sidd Camry

Sidd Camryvic, 3551

Bad payers

If you are thinking of parking your car for free and getting a free car wash, then this is a good way.
Staff are good, nice office, free courtesy drop off to airport.

but if you are dreaming of making money for renting your car,....then forget about it.
I still haven't received my payment. and its been 3 months and I have been chasing them every other week.
They also didnt pay for the toll charges.
but its a nice concept if they can make profit and pay everyone who have listed their car.

Bad experience with Carhood

Vikki

Over 7 weeks since I picked up my car and still no payment. Can someone advise when I'm likely to be paid?

Service performance

It was easy for me to book the vehicle through a website.
Unfortunately, I reached the Carhood Office from airport about a hour.
The service of the front desk staff of Carhood Office is very good.
The inner and outer body of the car was very dirty.

Review collected in partnership with Carhood

Sai PeriSydney, NSW

Terms and Conditions (esecially. for Free Parking) is MISLEADING

Umang

Umang

Misleading and poor customer service

Steven J.Carhood

Too bureaucratic - like dealing with Hertz!

I am unable to list my car with carhood because the petrol tank is sensitive and shuts off the fuel when the tank is 9/10 full. There is nothing wrong with the fuel guage and I am fine with it being returned in the same way, but the company can't deal with this.

Very dissapointing end

DanWarragul

Wouldn't use them again

It's day 42 since picking up our vehicle and we're still waiting for any money for the rental period.

Car was in a fairly major accident while it was rented out and we're still fixing problems over 6 weeks later.

The experience started well, but ended badly. The drop-off and pick-up was straight forward and quick, and I think for short-term rentals where nothing goes wrong it would be fine.

We really wanted this to work, but unfortunately the after-care is slow and painful. Just want our money and a fixed car. Personally, we'll not use them again.

In anticipation of Carhood's response, here's our transaction # MELOWN4679.

Very poor experience

You advertise that you wash the car but you actually don’t do anything. The service was pretty basic l. Lost my time. I can’t recommend this service to my friends.

Hi Bill,
Vehicles are only cleaned if they are rented out, this is made clear on our website. Nonetheless, we still offer free airport parking which represents a huge savings for travellers.

Find out how Carhood compares to other Car Rental Services

When you try something new and cheaper this is what can happen...

Car was average and sat nav would not stay still, but the real problem was having to take a taxi to the airport after dropping off the car on Boxing day when the office should have been open.

Peter

Peter

Don't be in a hurry for pickup, return!

The car was very good, but the pickup and return procedure needs significant improvement.
Told by carhood people where to meet Uber driver, but Uber driver says he was told a different place at the airport.
Got to carhood office and Uber driver wanted payment...Fare was supposed to be covered by Carhood, was sorted eventually.
Then office was VERY under staffed, nearly an hour before we were able to get the car.
Return procedure likewise very sloiw...only one staff member with several people waiting.

By all means try Carhood but allow an hour at their office to collect the car and another hour when you return it.

Frankly the lower cost is NOT worth the slowness of their procedure.

I would NOT use Carhood again.

David B

David BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good experiences until today

Steven J.Carhood

Hello David, I'm sorry you have had a less than satisfactory experience with our company.
I'm glad that it was sorted in the end and you were compensated. Maybe in time, you might see your way to giving us another try. Have a great day.

CHEONG

CHEONGmalaysia

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Avoid using carhood

Carhood takes advantage of the situation that you are overseas to blackmail you into fixing a mysterious problem with your car. If you don’t they charge you $25/ day to park your car until you pick it up!
Never use them again.

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John
John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith
Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell
Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services