• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle

Budget car rental

The staff are very friendly and accommodating and easy to deal with. The car was ok however needed a good detail internally. the business is quite a distance from the airport and the opening times a free return to the airport are different so this is misleading. the return to the airport of 4pm for the last shuttle bus is too early.

David A.

David A.South East Queensland, QLD

ok experience

Customer service was good.
Pickup at the airport was way too long because the garage you go to is MILES away from the MLB airport.
I ordered the car thinking it was a standard rental car, not someones personal car a-la AirBnB style. The car was fine, though. I also received an email alert a few days out that I may not be able to get a car, then I got a confirmation not long after, thankfully. It doesn't really instill me with much confidence. I'll probably avoid next time as pricing is comparable to standard rentals.

Sally

Sally

Car location

Car was not at the airport ready to be picked up, had to catch an Uber for 10 minutes to the location where the car was.
The keys where in a lock box which was fine.

Hi Sally!

Thank you for that feedback. Rest assured, we are looking into making things as smooth as possible, that's including shuttle services 24/7 or locations nearer the airport. We hope to serve you again, thank you for choosing Carhood!

Find out how Carhood compares to other Car Rental Services

Car was good. Some improvements suggested with service

Lindsay Fawns

Lindsay FawnsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I was disappointed upon signing for the car was only told then that the office would not be open when I returned the car.
I did not fill the fuel as I was late , totally my fault , and after not paying a toll I asked that I could charge the toll to my account and received an Email from your company that my request was being reviewed and have heard no more.
Disappointed that I couldn’t talk to somebody live.
Right at the moment I don’t feel I would use Carhood again but I hope somebody would get in touch and change my mind.
Yours faithfully Lindsay Fawns

It was ok

Need better face to face customer service. 1 head light was out and I was told to fix it myself because they didn’t have the time which I did not have the time to do hence why I hired a car in the first place. Upon returning the car the depot was not even made aware of me contacting them to report the faulty headlight.

Rod

RodSouth East Queensland, QLD

The car was good, but I was required to make a huge deposit,

Everything went good. They were respectful, all the payments were successfully processed, vehicle good, only 2 things that would discourage me for next time: 4k on bond (that is too much) and no lift back.

Mr Tee

Mr TeeSydney, NSW

Money saver, but can be improved

We didn't hire, but dropped our car on the way to our flight.

Saved us $90 on airport parking, but we had to email to find out how to transport 2 of my kids from depot. Turns out they have a minibus with 2 child seats. Would really help if this information is placed in the website.

A more accurate estimate on pickup would also help. We had to call again after waiting for 30min for pickup while being told it would be 15.

happy

Still not paid for my June earnings... No make that August now. Same story different month!

Don't expect to to receive your earnings... I sent an email to CS towards the end of July as it had been more than 30 days since my car had been rented out in June - an apology was given and I was told that a request to accounts had been sent to make my payment a priority for the payment run mid August... guess what? I received nothing in August ....... or September. And my car was again rented out in August.......again nothing received. Sent another email today. I'm getting frustrated and bored with this process or lack of. It's such a great concept and I do want to support it. The drop off/pick up is great, renting a car also great and it's nice to get an email advising of my earnings BUT when will they be paid???

Brett

BrettGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No one rented car, drop off long way (15min) from the airport

A lot of effort for no one to rent car. It’s free parking I guess, but I’d rather pay $50 to Andrews to be closer to the airport with less stuffing around. Trying to balance demand and supply is difficult I’m sure, but that’s your whole business model, so work it out. Probably won’t use again, the effort is not worth the extra hassle to drive 15 min away from airport, catch an Uber back to the terminal, and end up adding 30min extra on each end of my travel - to find out the car wasn’t even used.

Review collected in partnership with Carhood

Drop off was easy but picking up the car was not pleasant

Car service was good enough but customer service was not happy at all when I need to come from airport!

Tim

TimBrisbane

Seriously understaffed on weekends.

Otherwise great, no problems. There was only one staff member doing everything when I arrived at the airport so they had customers waiting back at the depot. More staff are needed!

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Seamless service

Joanna

JoannaSydney, NSW

Great idea, needs perfecting and making more professional

Customer service was average, the ladies at reception were both very unfriendly.
There was no shuttle bus available on the way there.
On the way back they sent an Uber, with no babyseat.

Review collected in partnership with Carhood

Good service to access but a bit unprofessional

Everything has been easy. However, professionalism of staff and communication was lacking. Proof reading of emails and punctuation would go a long way. Staff need to smile and seem willing to help, otherwise it comes off as the customer is an inconvenience.

Prashant

PrashantSydney, NSW

Why I won't park/rent my car with carhood again

Steven J.Carhood

Not the best customer service and off airport

Steven J.Carhood

Love having choice regarding where I leave my car at the airportexcell

Excellent all round. Thank You love the service you provide. This was the second time I have left my car with You and pleased I did. A professional service! I will keep referring it to friends

Doooooob

Doooooob

Good concept, but..

So, I gave my car to them as I was away for a month. I was happy with their insurance and all, no complaints. They even send the car at the airport to pick me up. Only problem, is of payment, had to send numerous reminders about the payment and took almost two months to get it.

I bet, they wouldnt allow renter to pay their rent later, so why car owners are made to suffer for months :(

Jane

JaneSydney, NSW

A new experience for us, but mostly all good

Hi Jane,

Thank you for bringing up that important point. We are glad to hear that everything went well for you!
Regards, Carhood

yawang m.asked

Carhood

Why this Carhood.com.au can not be log in, its this company broken?

Dear Yawang,

We had some technical difficulties the past days which is why our site was down. It is already available now.

Herbie
Herbie

i notice you can answer questions ... answer positive feedback but when people ask about where our money is there are no longer answers ... yet you continue to takepeoples cars rent them out and receivfe money for them. WHERE ARE OUR PAYMENTS

yawang m.

how Long dose those carhood people own u peyment.

Tim

Timasked

Carhood

How can I access the so called "web chat" which doesn't seem to be on the home page? (whether i am logged in or not - tried IE/FF/Chrome during 9-5) I have issues with the payments, fees and damage claim...
Emails are not getting answered, and calling them just get hung up and pointed to a "web chat" which i can't find.

John
John

you have to fill in your details when you see like a message box appear in tge bottom right of the screen . Good luck

Leone E.

Leone E.asked

Carhood

Just wondering has anyone who rented their car to Carhood being paid?

Nalvith
Nalvith

I doubt any one got paid from carhood. Do not leave your car there at all. They just make money out of the car. Never pay you.

Russell
Russell

I have left my car there 3 times now and it hasn't been rented out so i cannot speak personally about not getting paid for rent however I have read a number of other reviews that claim they haven't been paid or had to wait a long time.

Vikki
Vikki

My car was rented out for 3 weeks in August 2018, so 1 year ago and still no payment! I would strongly discourage anyone from using this service to rent their car out.

Get an answer from our members and Carhood representatives

Other Car Rental Services