Carlisle Homes Questions & Answers

431 questions from our users

Karthik P.
Karthik P.asked

Hi,

Can you please share contact details of a responsible Managerial person handling QA issues.

I have concerns regarding my ongoing build and I would like to discuss it with someone who has an intent to attend.

I have requested the CLE too. No response.

Thank you.

Regards,
Karthik Pushpala

Joseph IVY
Joseph IVYasked

Hi with carlisle can you change from T- Ranges home to Affinity home before your contract signed

Amandeep Syal
Amandeep Syal

Hi Joseph
I believe you have to start from scratch in that case right from the sales consultant.

Hi Joseph IVY,
A change of product of this nature would require new sales paperwork and re-commencement of the building journey.
Regards,
Carlisle Management

theseeker
theseekerasked

Hi there,
I'm building Canterbury Grand 43 (Affinity). I want it to be all-electric (no gas at all). So far, I have chosen an induction cooker and an electric water heating system (cost: $6000). I have asked that the ducted heating unit be ugraded to electric rather than gas ( I'm yet to receive an answer for this) - how much could this cost? Is there anything else I need to include in the design to make it all electric? I will be installing solar and battery back up after hand over - what are the special provisions I need to make for this?

Arohan B.
Arohan B.asked

I am looking for an expert opinion here.
We are planning to build a new double-storey house with Carlisle. We have had our initial discussion with the sales team and selected the house design with a balcony, but as per the plot length, we are getting minimal rear space in the backyard. If anyone here has faced a similar situation, can you please share if you have possible solution options?

JDee
JDee

When we were looking at double storey home we found, on average a balcony takes 2m off your rear yard. We opted to look at facades without a balcony, as our rear yard size was more important.

Latasha E.
Latasha E.asked

Hi , regarding the costs that are being added on homes due to material costs is this for all homes or just homes that were 2k deposited a whole ago ?

Latasha E.
Latasha E.asked

Hi I have a question regarding the Montague grand 44 , we have the lux promotion, in the laundry is the Broom cuboard included in the price and also in the bathroom are all the cupboards in the display included ?
And I wanted to know in the living area in the display at woodlea they have the Stone , what's the price of this?

Kshitij N.asked

Hi,

I am building with Carlisle homes. I have already singed the contract. The demolition has not started and construction has not commenced. Me and my husband would like to have a small platform in the retreat with a tap connection upstairs. We are happy to pay $500 as a fee to accomodate this change. Is that allowed at this stage? I am not clear as to what is allowed.

Kshitij N.

My signed contact has a special condition where owner can request the variation by paying the admin fee of $500. Under what circumstances will that apply? This is the basis of my question, hence I am asking.

vimal s.
vimal s.asked

Hi
I’ve paid the deposit for double story home and locked the price for 18 months
but due to unforeseen circumstances..
we wants to go back to single story home.. and after paying the deposit there was price increase so in that case are we will be paying current base price of the chosen home plan or we will be charged older price before increase.. thanks

shaun p.
shaun p.asked

Hi Carlisle Team,
Is it possible to have an extended alfresco in the astoria grand 55 while also having a grand dressing above. Just wondering as when I select the grand dressing option i am no longer able to do an extended alfresco, just making sure this is not because there is no balcony anymore.

bambi88
bambi88asked

Hi I have three questions I’m looking to potentially build the Asortia Grand 55, do double glazed windows come as standard? Can I change the location of the stove top/oven? I’m wanting to build in Highton Geelong and on your website it says “Geographic restrictions apply.” So what restrictions apply to building in that suburb? Thankyou

noor
noorasked

Is anyone building or already built Canterbury grand 43 please give me some advice how that looks in real..Just confused about plan
Appreciate thanks

noor
noorasked

hi I am planning to build Canterbury but what is the difference between grand 43 and 43ff

Priyanka S.
Priyanka S.asked

Can we build a Hardwick facade of Affinity range on 12.5 front? We are building Montague 39 in affinity range and we want Hardwick facade but the front of our lot is only 12.5.

Mohit A
Mohit Aasked

Hi, I’ve got a question.
We’ve paid the 2k deposit to lock in the base price for Astoria 55. Before our tender appointment, we are being told by our CLE we will have to pay additional charge of $19,000. Although there is an option to cancel, but we cannot got to other builders as in last year prices have gone up. We trusted that after saying price lock for 18 months Carlisle Homes won't change the price, we deposited with them, If we knew this would happen to us we would not have deposited with Carlisle and instead gone with the different builder. Can you please reconsider and not change our pricing.

Ticks T.
Ticks T.asked

Hi, I’ve got a question.
We’ve paid the 2k deposit to lock in the base price for one of your homes. At our tender appointment we were shocked to see an additional charge of $12,000. Being added to our price list. When asked what that fee was we were told that Carlisle reserve the right to add additional cost because materials have gone up? Now that doesn’t make sense to me. When you lock in a base price that includes plan of the house including the materials that will be built with that fixed price. I just can’t come to terms with the additional fee you have added to our list.

Tieson F.asked

I'm currently building a Carlisle home and I am at the lock up stage. Overall not that impressed as I have had numerous site managers in short time. I have used an independent inspector for all site inspections and the quality of the build is not that great so far. Some of the contractors don't have any pride in their workmanship.I'm now reluctant to visit the house and see the progress as I'll just see something else that's average quality of building workmanship of something not fixed as requested.

Farjana Haque S.
Farjana Haque S.asked

do you build in Bendigo?

Dale
Dale

Hi we built in Melbourne Metro

Rahulasked

Hi , anyone building amberly flooplan.
Can somne tell me where we can get the upgrades price list.

Rahul

I asked them but they said we don't have it.

Nehal
Nehalasked

Hi, We have built Granada Grand 40 with Carlisle. We are very happy with the quality of house and even post built services. Thank you Carlisle Homes.

We are now thinking of adding some Cabinets in kitchen pantry so can you please give us the Cabinet makers contact details? So we can get the same finish as put kitchen cabinets.

Thanks.

Tieson F.

You will need to find your own cabinet makers as Carlisle do not provide details of the sub contractors they use.

T Singh
T Singhasked

Does Carlisle Homes do raft slabs? If so how much does it cost extra? I heard that houses with waffle/pod slabs are more likely to have cracks in plaster and brick walls with ground movement compared to raft slabs. Or it is just a misconception

Get an answer from our members and Carlisle Homes representatives

Other Project Home Builders

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Carlisle Homes is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2018 and 2017. Learn more

Other Project Home Builders