Carlisle Homes Questions & Answers

398 questions from our users

Johnson

Johnsonasked

Hi,

I would just like to ask if you build on a sloping block?
Ours has a fall of 2.0m.

Hassan
Hassan

It was flat.

Dean
Dean

Hi my land is flat, my friend built on a 300mm slope, the only thing I can Suggest is wait at least a month after the slab is poured before building, for it to settle.

Matt M.
Matt M.

For us had 800 mm slope.

Babi R.

Babi R.asked

How much need deposit for house and package?

rani
rani

We built in the Easy Living range and paid 2k deposit for the build. The land deposit will depend on your developer.

Hi Babi R,

Thank you for your question and for getting in contact with us.

All clients are required to pay a $2000 non refundable deposit when depositing to build with Carlisle Homes.
Once you have gone through the pre-site phase and move to the contract stage you will then be required to pay the remainder of your 5% deposit.

If you have any further questions please feel free to visit one of our many display homes where one of our helpful sales consultants will be able to assist you further.

Palak Patel

Palak Patelasked

Hi
we bought our house which was 8 months old built by Carlisle homes. After 1 year, cracks start to emerge. Carlisle homes fixed few cracks initially. After few months, new cracks start to merge and today its nearly after 1.5 years those cracks are getting bigger and worse. They give 7 year structural warranty so the inspector took 1 year to take level samples on every corner of the house and asked me to do concrete around the house ( which is ended up doing it ) and gave me list of things to be done outside the house to stop the movement. It looks like the inspector does not want to do fix the cracks and is making issues on the landscaping and other things and refuse to fix the cracks until the issues are not fixed by me. I have already spend $11,000 fixing the issues that they ask me. But still not he refuse to do the job.

shameufordasked

Is it true that the owner has to wait outside while the 3 three months inspection after moving in is done. Why I ask is the easing of Covid Restrictions is now allowed not tightens. This is just a one to one inspection with masks on...

Hi shameuford,

Thank you for your question.

Although there have been some easing of restrictions to remain compliant with the current restrictions enforced by the Victorian Government the inspection can only be conducted if all occupants remain outside of the home during the inspection (garage, alfresco, backyard)

Any discussions on the day regarding the inspection must take place outside the home adhering to COVID social distancing guidelines.

In addition to the above a face mask must be worn when greeting the Warranty Inspector at the door.

We can confirm that this is not how we would usually conduct our warranty inspections, however we do have to obey the restrictions that are still in place.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us directly at warrantyexpress@carlislehomes.com.au.

Enaasked

Hi,

I made product review for Carlisle Homes on the 4th of November. As a reward, you will be given a $100 E-gift Card. I never received this and reported it to my sale support many times. She said I should have received this the same week it was posted but only got an email notification 2 days later that Carlisle Management replied to my review. I have checked junk mails and deleted mails. How do I get this?

Raju Hossain
Raju Hossain

Have you received an email from the Carlisle Homes team (CLE, Colour Consultant or Tender Consultant)? If yes, you can just reply to that email with a reference to your review on the Product Review site. I have a received a few emails from CLE, Colour Consultant about this $100 e-gift card. Today my review is published and I'm going to follow it up with my CLE. All the best!!!

Hi Raju,

The thing is, my Sales Support is my Colour Consultant and Tender Consultant which I have raised a few times but not getting anywhere with it so trying to reach someone who can actually help process this gift card and can give me an actual answer rather than a response from her saying "let me follow this up for you".

Hi Ena,

Thank you for your question.

Please email customercare@carlislehomes.com.au directly with your job number and a screenshot of your review posted and the team can help you.

mandeep

mandeepasked

hi
we did virtual color selection during covid lockdown and when restrictions lift we went to showroom and did few changes in color selection. My consultant said that she will raised post variation contract document in which she can include the changes. I am worried that if that's right before signing contract. And is there any additional cost for that??

Hi mandeep,

Thank you for your question.

We can confirm that changes you make prior to your contract will not incur a variation fee. We encourage you to please speak directly with your Client Liaison Executive and she can provide you with the most accurate information.

Moku

Mokuasked

Hello, we are building a double story house and the electrical consultant didn’t allow us to put light point (purpose for feature light in the future) saying Carlisle doesn’t do it. Why can’t you put can you please explain it in detail? And we put 2 down light on the corner of the eaves in first floor but later on they removed it. Please explain it why please.
Thank you in advance.

Suni K.

Suni K.asked

Hi,
We were browsing through Carlisle website and loved Dorchester 39 plan, but no display home available anywhere . Can you suggest a display home similar to Dorchester 39 or can we expect any new display for Dorchester soon?

Sam

Samasked

Carlisle homes provide foam for complete first floor on exterior walls of T range homes but cant provide bricks veneer even at place with no articulation joint and even though preferred by a customer who are willing to pay extra money. On enquiry they say foam is good lighter than brick and better insulation. I agreed 100%. But If foam is such a good product compare to brick veneer then why it is not used in affinity homes in first floor exterior walls completely like it is used in T range. Henley provides foam at places where there is an articulation joint otherwise they use same material as used in ground floor as per the building standards.

Lé G.asked

Hi, we are considering Carlisle but are a little confused about the style systems. Can we buy a house that is in the ‘Easy living’ and upgrade elements to ‘Affinity’, for example? Clarity would be much appreciated.

Hi Le G,

Thank you for your question.

When purchasing our Easy Living range you are provided with a set list of upgrade options that can be selected within this range. When you visit one of our displays and organise a time meet with one of our sales consultants they can go through this extensive list with you.

Unfortunately if you choose to build a home from within our Easy Living product, you cannot select items from our T-Range and Affinity upgrade range.

We hope this provides you with the clarity you were after.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to make an appointment with one of our sales consultants to discuss further.

Lé G.

That’s a shame, but thanks for the good clarification and quick response

Mohammad

Mohammadasked

Hi,
I have got a qoute for Sorrento grand retreat. The quote includes a "fixed site cost" of $20,000. Will this site cost cover evrything after soil test and engineering drawing is done, or additional cost will be added due to variations in soil classification and engineering drawing.
Waiting for your answer at the earliest convenience.

Mohammad

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your question.

Could you please contact our customer care team directly at customercare@carlislehomes.com.au with your job address so that we can provide with further information.

Marvindell

Marvindellasked

Hi There, we are currently at contracts stage. Do you allow clients to leave multiple reviews throughout their engagement with Carlisle (i.e. sales, selection, build)? or is it just a single review per client?

Hi Marvindell,

Thank you for your question.

Clients are able to leave as many reviews as the Product Review website allows them to, we have to make sure that our clients are following the guidelines that Product Review put in place.

You are always welcome to post a review and then update that same review during the different stages of your build. However we always encourage our clients to leave a review at the end of their journey so they can share their overall experience with us.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

Michael

Michaelasked

Can the entry to the Theatre room in Canterbury Grand 47 be widened to 3.0 or 3.5 meters like similar to what is in Kensington house design for its Rumpus?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately you are not able to increase the opening to the Theater room in the Canterbury Grand 47 as these walls are supporting the engineered beams which are supporting the first floor above.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us directly.

Rui L.

Rui L.asked

Just wondering what is the difference between canterbury 44 and canterbury grand 43?

Kulvir
Kulvir

Canterbury is in the Affinity range (high end range), between sizes 47 SQ - 439 SQ. Based on size of home the price differs.
Canterbury 44 is a house area of 43.24sq, Canterbury Grand has three options of sizes and provides more space in its design building over the garage.
Best way to find the difference is from the following link: https://carlislehomes.com.au/home-designs/#Promotion:both/HomeRange:both,Affinity,TRange,EasyLiving/Storey:all/Bed:all/MinBlockWidth:all/MinBlockDepth:all/Price:all~all/

Hi Rui L,

Thank you for your question.

The Canterbury Grand 43 (on display at Newhaven Estate in Tarneit) has been re-designed base on the original Canterbury 44 (on display at Somerfield in Keysborough). The layout of these two products are very similar but we have revised/resized the house layout to suit for a smaller block of land. So the Canterbury Grand 43 can fit a 14m wide block where the Canterbury 44 is designed to suit 15.0m wide block of land.

Also, any Carlisle homes’ name with ‘Grand’ in it means that there is ‘build-over’ design, so the first floor façade room has been extended to sit over the Garage in lieu of a Garage roof.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or please refer to the Carlisle homes website for the comparison of room layouts & details.

Mahesh

Maheshasked

Can Carlisle do soil test for other owners titled land when there is even NO contract or NO payment made to land?

And that's totally wrong and proves that to grab 2000$, they are making use of it. The land itself doesnt belongs to me, they can even check the records , NO contract also signed and even the pictures CLE sent shows the land is still on sale with the real estate agent. I have informed to SC during paperwork also that the Lot is not yet settled and it will change as well. Even he confirmed that soil test will normally happen 2 weeks before colour appointment and so he told us that Lot changes are to be informed before 2 weeks of color appointment. Even I had followed that and informed well in advance on Aug 6th itself.

The paperwork itself not done on 17th July but Carlisle sent soil report showing 17th July. Who gave you rights to do survey and soil test for other owners land. I should report it to authorities immediately if I dont get my deposit.

There is not even a single contract signed so far between the land and myself. So there is no way , its not acceptable to do soil test for other owner's land and holding my 2000 deposit.

Charles L.

Charles L.asked

Hi Carlisle,

Thinking of building Cottesloe 34 with the Esprit (Hebel) facade, however when i checked the facade details at https://carlislehomes.com.au/home-designs/facades/#ranges:TRange/storeys:2/ and viewed the details of Esprit Hebel one of the features list item is "Single entry door" even though Cottesloe 34 can have double doors.

So my question is, is this facade restricted to single door only (independent of the house design), or is it whatever the house design allows?

Regards,
C

Hi Charles L,

Thank you for your question.

Our old standard inclusion used to be double entry doors (820mm wide) as standard.
(Note: Entry width must be greater than 1810mm wide to fit double door frame).

The new products released as of the 30th of March in 2019, has a single (1020mm wide) door with one glass sidelight.

The Cottesloe 34 is one of our original products and the Esprit hebel façade on the Cottesloe 34 will have a double door as standard (as per the original standard inclusion prior to 30th March 2019).

Our website will show a single door configuration on the Esprit hebel façade image because the façade image is showing as a new product.

So in saying that, the answer is yes. You can choose to either have two 820mm wide front entry doors or one 1020mm wide front entry door with one sidelight.

We hope this information was helpful.

Samerasked

I need to know if I have a block small land for 300 m2, Can I build 2 small unit or townhouse side by side or there are other factors thanks

Haider
Haider

I dont know really....go and check with different construction companies....some of them offer such kind of homes.

Samer

thanks for answering, I expected you guys as big building company you have your own drawing and you can decide this sorry for my miss understood can please provide me a number to call

shameuford

I think your local council of where you intent to build will be your best start off point then you go from there ...

AntonyD

AntonyDasked

I'm interested in a compact, 4 bedroom house with an 8 star rating. Thermal efficiency is very important - warm in winter, cool in summer, with minimal energy required - just good design. Can Carlisle make any of its smaller single storey 4 bedroom designs to an 8 Star rating? How much extra would it cost?

Hi AnthonyD,

thanks for contacting us, we would love to sit down and go over a few options with you. Please contact one of our friendly sales consultants who can discus this directly with you.
We are now open on the weekend so pop by one of your closest displays homes.
Carlisle Management.

Faisal N.

Faisal N.asked

Do you know what tiles are included in Category 5 at carlisle homes?

J A Sen
J A Sen

Hi Faisal, there’s lots of tiles in cat 5, I believed there’s a nice Porcelin tiles in that category.

Jason

Jasonasked

Can we organise finances threw your company

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your question. You most certainly can. We have a dedicated team that can help support you to gain the right finance for you build. If you could please provide us with your name and number we can contact you directly to take you through all the details.
Carlisle Management.