Carlisle Homes Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Carlisle Homes

407 questions from our users

Josan
Josanasked

I am building a house with carlisle in Affinity range. Got the brivis ducted heating inclusive in my plan. Will the thermostat controller for heating be changed to network controller like "Nest". If so what should be the procedure pls. Thanks.

J.KE
J.KE

They did tell us there was an option to upgrade the controller with wifi kit ( for my memory around $700), which means you could use app to control the heating and cooling remotely.

Carlisle M.Carlisle Homes

Congratulations Josan. and thank you for choosing Carlisle to build your brand new home.

What a great question but a little tough for us to answer here. It all depends on what house you have chosen and promotion you have signed up for.

We would like to advise you further so if you could contact us at customercare@carlislehomes.com.au we can assist you further.

Deepasked

I would like to get more details about the current "5% Builder Deposit" promotion. On Carlisle's website and initial quote it doesn't mention the complete promotion details. On the top of it when I asked the sales consultant multiple times I was advised of something completely different every single time.

1. Let's say if the quote total or final contract amount is 250K and I make $2k initial deposit. The 5% of 250k is $12500. Now $12500-$2000(initial deposit)=$10500.
$250K-$10500=$239500 Does it mean that I've to pay $239500 for the house?

2. The amount which is required at base stage, Is it the remaining 5% of 250K or 239500?

I'm waiting for your response.

Thanks!

Hi Dee,

Thank you for your question.

As per our Easy Living contracts, a variation will be raised at contract signing as a credit for the balance of the 5% deposit based off your base house price.

If you could please contact us directly at customercare@carlislehomes.com.au so we can look further into your particular job that would be appreciated.

Deep

Can you answer it here, so others know too?????

Shahed K.asked

I am considering the Sheraton Deluxe design, one thing i noticed is all WIR are through Ensuite bathroom. Anyone here built this design? Did it cause any inconvenience? Would you recommend to add additional door to the WIR and additional exhaust? Is there any option to change floorplan to be able to access WIRs for the bedrooms directly/ seperate instead of going through the bathroom?

Raymond

I'm building the Vaucluse and I added sliding doors to the WIR's so it can be added if you want. You just have to pay extra

Shahed K.

Thank you Raymond. The vaucluse deluxe has separate entry for bathroom and WIR for the ensuits. However Sheraton deluxe has the WIR designed such that it can be only accessible through the bathroom. I am interested to know if that causes any inconvenience e.g. does clothes or belongings become mouldy due to the steam from bathroom after shower or any other problem from the usage of the bathroom and toilet. Has anyone faced problem who built this design and what is recommended? Would there be any option by Carlisle Team to change the floorplan so access to WIR can be separate? Thanks again.

Raymond

A lot of their designs have the main bedroom next to ensuite as well but I'm guessing it shouldn't be an issue as long as there is good ventilation in bathroom (and there is exhaust above shower and steam should go straight to ceiling). But for peace of mind though best to ask them that question.

Rose
Roseasked

It has been 6 months since we moved into our house and we still have outstanding issues from the water leak we had in our kitchen. Since the beginning of the year, Carlisle Homes had forgotten about their responsibility to check progress on these issues. We were out of kitchen for over 3 weeks from Nov-Dec 2020 and they didn’t reimbursed the whole meal allowance that was promised. Now the Construction Manager and his Manager is denying the conversation we had about it. Also not getting any updates on what they will do next and when they are planning to fix all other outstanding issues. Can someone please direct me on how to deal with these liars? Is there anyone here with the same experience as we did? Thanks

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your question.

As you are aware our construction team have been working closely with you to get all items addressed at your home. The outstanding items have been organised for this week which you have been made aware of.

In regards to your Kitchen and food allowance items, an amount per day was provided to you by our construction management team which has been reimbursed to your nominated account.

If you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Shahed K.asked

Hi Carlisle Team
Is it possible to to Rear Flip the Rothwell 29 ?

Hi Shahed K,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your question.

Unfortunately we are not able to flip the rear only of the Rothwell 29 as the rooms wouldn't be align.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sam
Samasked

Hi,
What happens when you pay the $2000 deposit and then Carlisle decide they cannot build upon that block of land? If they’re pulling out of the contract surely it’s illegal to keep the $2000.

Sharmad K.asked

Q.1 Does the 2,000 $ deposit is included as part of my final build quote. For example, if my build quote is 450k then does that mean I have to bear the remaining 448K. ( 450-2 ). ?
Q.2 Do I get an Invoice of 2,000 $ deposit paid at booking? Can I include the same in my loan amount?
Q.3 As per any legal contact/policy we get a cooling-off period for any contract/purchase of service/product similarly if we had to back out within a cooling-off period do we get our 2,000$ refund?
Q.4 What if I don't want specific appliances provided by the developer and I want to add my own choice? does the developer allow to add back the credits for any other upgrade and does the developer charge any fitting/installation charges for the replacement?

Bala Pasupuleti
Bala Pasupuleti

Q1. That's right. You'd be paying just the balance.
Q2. You'll get an invoice for the same. It's a proper invoice.
Q3. I don't think you'll get a refund, as per my knowledge, it's part of sale. But you can definitely ask your sales consultant before paying this 2000k. They're very transparent and easy to talk to....
Q4. I'm not sure about this, as I'm going with the builders choice. You could ask the sales team....Like I said, you can ask them anything related to the house build and only if you are happy with you can pay them the deposit. I have dealt with many builders, and Carlisle homes, sales team are very patient and transparent....Good luck with choosing the builder....

Hi Sharmad K,

Thank you for your question.

Your initial $2000 deposit does get deducted from your overall contract price. When you sign your HIA building contract you are required to then pay the remainder of the 5% deposit, this is the invoice that your initial $2000 deposit would come off. You will also receive a receipt of confirmation that this deposit has been paid.

The HIA contract does have a three day cooling off period, and the contract is always subject to finance. In the event that you decide to cool off or are not able to obtain finance then you would not be eligible for a refund of your initial $2000 deposit. The reason for this is that the build must always receive payment of the works that have been carried out on the file.

Carlisle Homes has a large variety of appliances to choose from, so you don't have to go with the appliances that come standard to our home designs or part of any promotion. We do not let our clients source their own appliances and have them fitted after handover. However we build for many clients who have requested particular appliances which we have been able to provide.

If you have any further questions or require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Sharmad K.

Awesome guys thanks for the prompt response to my queries.

madhura s.
madhura s.asked

Regards - Sam P

Sharmad K.

relevant questions - keen to see answers provided. I have exact same questions. Hope to get some information on this thread.

Hi madhura s,

TAG
TAGasked

HI, May I know whether you would do knock down and rebuild in Surrey Hills, Victoria ?

Thanks.

Hi TAG,

Thank you for your question.

Carlisle Homes has just recently changed its Knock Down Re-build areas, and Surrey Hills is now a suburb that we will be building in.

If you would like any further information on our Knock Down Re-build process please visit one of our display homes, or alternatively please contact us on 8561 4777 where we can direct you enquiry.

Johnson
Johnsonasked

Hi,

I would just like to ask if you build on a sloping block?
Ours has a fall of 2.0m.

Hassan
Hassan

It was flat.

Dean
Dean

Hi my land is flat, my friend built on a 300mm slope, the only thing I can Suggest is wait at least a month after the slab is poured before building, for it to settle.

Matt M.
Matt M.

For us had 800 mm slope.

Babi R.
Babi R.asked

How much need deposit for house and package?

rani
rani

We built in the Easy Living range and paid 2k deposit for the build. The land deposit will depend on your developer.

Hi Babi R,

Thank you for your question and for getting in contact with us.

All clients are required to pay a $2000 non refundable deposit when depositing to build with Carlisle Homes.
Once you have gone through the pre-site phase and move to the contract stage you will then be required to pay the remainder of your 5% deposit.

If you have any further questions please feel free to visit one of our many display homes where one of our helpful sales consultants will be able to assist you further.

Palak Patel
Palak Patelasked

Hi
we bought our house which was 8 months old built by Carlisle homes. After 1 year, cracks start to emerge. Carlisle homes fixed few cracks initially. After few months, new cracks start to merge and today its nearly after 1.5 years those cracks are getting bigger and worse. They give 7 year structural warranty so the inspector took 1 year to take level samples on every corner of the house and asked me to do concrete around the house ( which is ended up doing it ) and gave me list of things to be done outside the house to stop the movement. It looks like the inspector does not want to do fix the cracks and is making issues on the landscaping and other things and refuse to fix the cracks until the issues are not fixed by me. I have already spend $11,000 fixing the issues that they ask me. But still not he refuse to do the job.

shameuford
shameufordasked

Is it true that the owner has to wait outside while the 3 three months inspection after moving in is done. Why I ask is the easing of Covid Restrictions is now allowed not tightens. This is just a one to one inspection with masks on...

Hi shameuford,

Thank you for your question.

Although there have been some easing of restrictions to remain compliant with the current restrictions enforced by the Victorian Government the inspection can only be conducted if all occupants remain outside of the home during the inspection (garage, alfresco, backyard)

Any discussions on the day regarding the inspection must take place outside the home adhering to COVID social distancing guidelines.

In addition to the above a face mask must be worn when greeting the Warranty Inspector at the door.

We can confirm that this is not how we would usually conduct our warranty inspections, however we do have to obey the restrictions that are still in place.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us directly at warrantyexpress@carlislehomes.com.au.

Enaasked

Hi,

I made product review for Carlisle Homes on the 4th of November. As a reward, you will be given a $100 E-gift Card. I never received this and reported it to my sale support many times. She said I should have received this the same week it was posted but only got an email notification 2 days later that Carlisle Management replied to my review. I have checked junk mails and deleted mails. How do I get this?

Raju Hossain
Raju Hossain

Have you received an email from the Carlisle Homes team (CLE, Colour Consultant or Tender Consultant)? If yes, you can just reply to that email with a reference to your review on the Product Review site. I have a received a few emails from CLE, Colour Consultant about this $100 e-gift card. Today my review is published and I'm going to follow it up with my CLE. All the best!!!

Hi Raju,

The thing is, my Sales Support is my Colour Consultant and Tender Consultant which I have raised a few times but not getting anywhere with it so trying to reach someone who can actually help process this gift card and can give me an actual answer rather than a response from her saying "let me follow this up for you".

Hi Ena,

Thank you for your question.

Please email customercare@carlislehomes.com.au directly with your job number and a screenshot of your review posted and the team can help you.

mandeep
mandeepasked

hi
we did virtual color selection during covid lockdown and when restrictions lift we went to showroom and did few changes in color selection. My consultant said that she will raised post variation contract document in which she can include the changes. I am worried that if that's right before signing contract. And is there any additional cost for that??

Hi mandeep,

Thank you for your question.

We can confirm that changes you make prior to your contract will not incur a variation fee. We encourage you to please speak directly with your Client Liaison Executive and she can provide you with the most accurate information.

Moku
Mokuasked

Hello, we are building a double story house and the electrical consultant didn’t allow us to put light point (purpose for feature light in the future) saying Carlisle doesn’t do it. Why can’t you put can you please explain it in detail? And we put 2 down light on the corner of the eaves in first floor but later on they removed it. Please explain it why please.
Thank you in advance.

Suni K.
Suni K.asked

Hi,
We were browsing through Carlisle website and loved Dorchester 39 plan, but no display home available anywhere . Can you suggest a display home similar to Dorchester 39 or can we expect any new display for Dorchester soon?

Sam
Samasked

Carlisle homes provide foam for complete first floor on exterior walls of T range homes but cant provide bricks veneer even at place with no articulation joint and even though preferred by a customer who are willing to pay extra money. On enquiry they say foam is good lighter than brick and better insulation. I agreed 100%. But If foam is such a good product compare to brick veneer then why it is not used in affinity homes in first floor exterior walls completely like it is used in T range. Henley provides foam at places where there is an articulation joint otherwise they use same material as used in ground floor as per the building standards.

Lé G.asked

Hi, we are considering Carlisle but are a little confused about the style systems. Can we buy a house that is in the ‘Easy living’ and upgrade elements to ‘Affinity’, for example? Clarity would be much appreciated.

Hi Le G,

Thank you for your question.

When purchasing our Easy Living range you are provided with a set list of upgrade options that can be selected within this range. When you visit one of our displays and organise a time meet with one of our sales consultants they can go through this extensive list with you.

Unfortunately if you choose to build a home from within our Easy Living product, you cannot select items from our T-Range and Affinity upgrade range.

We hope this provides you with the clarity you were after.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to make an appointment with one of our sales consultants to discuss further.

Lé G.

That’s a shame, but thanks for the good clarification and quick response

Mohammad
Mohammadasked

Hi,
I have got a qoute for Sorrento grand retreat. The quote includes a "fixed site cost" of $20,000. Will this site cost cover evrything after soil test and engineering drawing is done, or additional cost will be added due to variations in soil classification and engineering drawing.
Waiting for your answer at the earliest convenience.

Mohammad

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your question.

Could you please contact our customer care team directly at customercare@carlislehomes.com.au with your job address so that we can provide with further information.

Get an answer from our members and Carlisle Homes representatives