Carlton Dry

Carlton Dry

See the Best Low Carb Beers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Carlton? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Matt and Pete
Matt and PeteRichmond-Tweed, NSW

I don’t like their ring pull and that they are less volume.

I don’t like the ring pull and that they are less volume. I feel ripped off. I have a sore finger from ring pull and I’ve spilt beer dealing with this substandard ring pull. Stupid stupid idea the ring pull.

Purchased in May 2019 for $43.95.

Michael
MichaelGippsland, VIC

Carlton Dry Re-Released

I was a regular consumer of Carlton Dry until CUB's misguided decision to change to ring pull tops and reduce the size of the bottles from 355ml to 330ml late last year. In January, CUB admitted they had made a mistake and would re-release Carlton Dry in twist tops, however no commitment was made to return to 355ml bottles, despite the major protests being based on capacity and price. The twist tops have now reappeared, however the 330ml bottles have remained. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing any - CUB, you just don't get it!

Purchased in April 2019 at BWS Physical store for $22.00.

Sly deception

I have enjoyed drinking Carlton stubbies for many years.But the changes in volume from 355ml to 330ml with the price remaining the same has sent me packing !!
Very sly Carlton you can shove it.

Purchased in January 2004.

unhappy67
unhappy67AU

Size and lid not happy

Changed lid is not good for those with large fingers, just can’t use them. Bottle size has gone from 355ml to 330ml for the same price.

Ian
IanWheatbelt, WA

Rip off volume with a crappy rip off lid!

We lose 2 stubbies out of every carton in volume and cut ourselves trying to open the bloody things. I'm finding another beer to drink! P s. The plastic packaging is a bad idea too.

Nick
NickCastle hill

Change back to twist top and make the bottle bigger again you greedy

Very ordinary and bad decisions made by the marketing department to hide the fact they dropped the mls in the bottle, bring back the twist too.

Lynchie
Lynchie

Very disappointed

Been drinking Carlton dry for a long time. Very disappointed with the ring top as it now has a flat taste and I'm changing my beer. The old saying goes “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

Was a great beer until you mucked up and stuck a pull cap on it

The beer is good.
I am now exploring alternatives because of the ring pull top.
As you pull the cap off it cuts your finger is this intentional?

Ripped off

Who is the moron executive that thought (hey lets put a ring pull top on the bottle and reduce the bottle size and the amount of beer charge more and people will not notice) fire him and go back to what people like. Fair dinkum we're not idiots...

Hoppy
HoppyCooma

Great way to lose customers

The old simple twist action now has become a three part activity to open the bottle, which includes having to locate the ring pull in the first place, holding the bottle straight, as the pulling motion tips it to the side, and then trying not to cut your finger. My wife cant open them ! Then reducing the volume, what can I say, we are not stupid, we can see its smaller and want the regular size back. Dont fix what is not broke !

Bottle top

The new bottle top on the Carlton dry stubbie is terrible!
Why make this change, as I can see someone cutting themselves on the bottle top?

Smaller bottle, same price

Pretty much what everyone else have been saying. I did love this beer, but now 330ml and with those stupid pull tops, i think its time for a change.

KTB
KTBPerth

Tasted good but short changed

Carlton changed their bottle size when they changed screw top to tab top bottles. In a 24 bottle carton you get 1.7 bottles less for the same price. Retailer said ring Carlton and complain. Carlton said they do not control the price. Doesn't taste as good any more when being ripped off.

Big fella
Big fellaMarulan

How dare you ,

Drank carlton products all my life ripped me off with carlton cold now dry prenty to choose from
See ya

Price and volume reduction.

You had the best product going round but as usual turn into greedy fools, drop the volume then put a stupid ring pull on a stubby, something that went out when I was 14 \1974\ Looks like you have employed some dick strait out of UNI to show you where you are going wrong . You had a great product like V.B. you wont realise till you stuff it completely. I would say cheers but you don't deserve it..