Blinds from Carpet Call (CarpetCall) and Manufacturer, Total Window Concepts. No Customer Service or Quality Control
Three window blinds ordered.
1. Quality NOT what was seen on sample.
2. Beware. 100% payment required BEFORE installation -- never experienced this in Germany or the USA. Request for compensation for the issues (below) rejected.
2. First arrival: all blinds, after TWO window measurements, did not fit. Off to be remanufactured
3. Second arrival: Cords were on the wrong side. Off to be remediated.
4. Third arrival: two blinds OK but on one, the bottom slat doesn't close. Kitchen one sagging so off to be "remanufactured"
5. Order placed early September 2018; still awaiting the fourth arrival of the kitchen blind on March 14, 2019.
6. Calls have been directed to a total of 8 people who appear to want to help but nothing is done. Took a long time to figure out who the operations manager was. Email to head of Sydney office did not resolve issue.
7. Company shows no professionalism or integrity. Does not wish to compensate.
8. I wrote a professional and objective letter to Managing Director in Queensland about the issues. A strange email response asking for telephone number and attaching some questionable photos of an empty warehouse. Requested a professional letter or email explaining the reasons for this lack of quality control, company structure in terms of customer service. He said he "doesn't do letters". They don't want anything in writing!
9. Finally heard from head of Sydney office who should have had the decency to call and take the issue in hand long ago, let along apologize. Told me empty warehouse photos meant that Carpetcall were no longer going to subcontract Blind (Mega Blinds) manufacturer but have their own factory. How is that relevant to my own issue with them?!!
10. In all, a total fiasco. The blinds are also manufactured with flimsy thread to hold the various parts of each blind.... a bottom slat doesn't even close.
11. CarpetCall also leaves accountability to the subcontracted installer. He apparently is the one to offer me "customer service" and discuss the issues when it is not his job to.
I ordered the blinds and paid 50% in October 2018. I emailed after one month to be advised of the progress. I was advised in December the blinds were in stock. On 3rd January the installer arrived and stated the blinds fittings were incorrect and would be back in three days.
No communication from Carpet Call. I contacted the installer again and arranged for the blinds to be installed on 8th February.
The blinds were installed and advised the ceiling gyprock was damaged and a builder would come and rectify on the Saturday. No call, no builder.
On Thursday 29th February the blinds collapsed and pulled out part of the ceiling.
I contacted both the installer and Carpet Call and was told I would receive a call from both on Friday. I have received nothing.
This has been the most appalling customer service experience. I now have a damaged home and no blinds in my lounge. Nobody in the company keeps me informed and I will now be escalating this to the Ombudsman.
My home is now a wreck in my lounge area