Service could be better Capalaba Store

Purchased vinyl sheeting and installation from Cspalaba store, was supposed to be installed on the 17th August. My 69 year old mother and myself moved all furniture out of area, Installer showed on time and was very apologetic to let us know that the 4 metre wide roll cannot be installed because he can't get it into our unit. Called CC at Capalaba spoke to [name removed], he suggested we purchase vinyl plank, I told him we didn't have a budget for that, he then suggested that the roll be cut to 2x2m and we would have a join down the centre of the room. After deciding this is what had to happen I called him back and said yes do that. [name removed] told me it couldn't be done on that day and booked it in for Tuesday. I explained how mum and I had moved all the furniture out and it wasn't possible we could do it again. He said at Carpet Call's expense they would pay for 2 men to move it all on Tuesday. I was also offered a rug at 50% off wholesale price for the inconvenience.

Tuesday morning early I received a call from the installer [name removed] and he said he'd be here early afternoon, Mum and I moved all the light furniture out to save them time. (To store furniture in my room i once again had to lift my bed for the third time on it's side) Received a text from [name removed] at 1.38pm to say he's been held up at a previous job and can it be done first thing Wednesday. We agreed that we would have to wait till the next day. I called Capalaba office to air my grievances about this debacle, I spoke to [name removed] and he assured me that it would be done the following day and 2 men would be moving the furniture. Wednesday morning 7am [name removed] arrives on his own, mum and [name removed] moved the lounge and entertainment unit to one side of the room and then to the other after he had laid one side.

Vinyl was finally laid and looks lovely. But it is loose laid vinyl and the fridge couldn't be shuffled across the floor, so we had to empty it and with the installer on one end and mum and I on the other we carried it from the bathroom to the kitchen. Back breaking exercise.

Update
I received a call from CC Capalaba and he couldn't be more helpful with after installation service. Overall the vinyl was laid, we are very satisfied with the job and one call has changed my rating and review.

Job Satisfaction
Dear Shelly, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and we will investigate.

Give Carpet Call A Miss

I wouldn't actually give them any stars. Carpet Call North Lakes, over measured and overcharged. Vinyl installation has lumps, not stuck down to the point that its a tripping hazard. Best advice is to shop elsewhere. Carpet call clearly dont care about their customers

Don't Bother

Extremely poor customer service and they don't honer their own warranty. They don't return phone calls and are hours late for appointments.
We purchased a very expensive "timber plank" vinyl and had a problem with joins in several rooms opening up revealing noticeable gaps. We received no satisfaction from the store manager, so I contacted the Victorian State Manager. He sent out an operations manger who was hours late for the arranged time. This person had problems just getting up and down on his knees to inspect the faults, sweating and puffing.
We were basically told this was to be expected and it was normal, if we wanted it fixed we would have to pay for it. Thanks Carpet Call for your shonky warranty that came with NO customer service.
Never Again.

Job Satisfaction
Dear Turpy, I am sorry to hear about your poor experience. What is your invoice number and we will follow this up.Other managers in Melbourne have already followed this up.

Can't believe the difference it makes... wow!

The vinyl flooring looks amazing, the installers were helpful and respectful and finished the job with no fuss, I would highly recommend. Dan provided excellent advice and walked through the job afterwards to ensure I was happy.

Job Satisfaction
Thank you very much for the positive comments. Our teams work hard to offer quality products and a friendly service. I’m so glad your experience was enjoyable and I will pass your feedback on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future or assisting friends you have recommended to Carpet Call.

Happy Customer!

I am thrilled with my new floor from Carpet Call Campbelltown.
From the excellent advice and information to the delivery and installation. The Layers were meticulous, polite and thorough. My neighbours were impressed.
I’d be very happy to recommend them.

Never again - Don't pay until your job is completed. Terrible customer service

Initially our experiences with carpet call was good. Until we realised once they had our money they didn't really care about customer service. We dealt with Brodie at Osborne Park WA, his customer service was non-existent. Two days prior to our floors being fitted we paid the remainder of our deposit (which is normal) but I wish I hadn't.

We were told the layers wouldn't get to our house until 9am - because they couldn't access materials until after 8am, but our doorbell rang at 730. This wasn't so much of an issue just a miscommunication. First thing when the installer walked in he said there won't be enough planks (there had been a mis-measure) and they won't finish today and there are going to be additional costs (3 things we were told was not going to be a problem). All of which went directly against what we were told by the store manager Brodie. When I got the quote I made sure to say I don't want any on the day surprises such as extra costs. The layers were fantastic, they worked from 730am-830pm that night and still hadn't finished because they ran out of planks (10 square metres worth - a fair mis measure in my opinion).

I then went to drive up to the store to chat to Brodie in person, which he then began throwing his own staff under the bus saying things like, "you can't get good help around here", which made both myself and my wife very uncomfortable. To this point they had temporarily rectified the situation by saying they will cover what extras needed to be done. So at this stage we were happy. Next problem is we were told that we would need to have scotia put in as there is a big gap from where we had carpet to now having vinyl planks. Again another thing that was not quoted and we were not told about. Again another trip up to carpet call to see brodie and this time I wasn't overly happy. Another cost I was burdened with (which we had not budgeted for), when brodie started saying that we should be happy because we got extra planks. No brodie that is your mess not my problem.

After this I decided I wanted nothing to do with brodie anymore and started speaking to Luke the area manager. Luke was very good to deal with, managed to sort out the problem (not totally) but enough to get the job done, as I was sick of not having a completed product.

Apart from the inexperience and extremely poor customer service from brodie (store manager at Osborne Park) the communication between carpet call and the contractors was very poor. Both layers relayed their concerns about this as well, as they were not told certain directors and there was a lot of back and forth having to work out what we were going to do.

Not at any one point have I heard from the store manager Brodie (no phone call, no attempted communication) to see if our floors have been done. Our installation date was the 14/1/19 and it is the 25/2/19 and they were just completed (with scotia). But I guess once carpet call have their money they have nothing to worry about. I am extremely disappointed as this was our first renovation, and what we were told was a one day job has just been over 6 weeks and just been completed.

I would never recommend carpet call to anyone and I will certainly not get any work done from them again in particular from brodie and Osborne Park

Job Satisfaction
Dear Nathan, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and we will investigate.The tax invoice number is 32026, store 001, salesperson 296Dear Nathan, I am sorry to hear that your experience has been lacking. We will be following this up with our staff to ensure these things will not happen again. Thank-you for your feedback.

Great pricing!!!

Great service by John!! Highly recommend them!! Very happy with the price!!! Will definitely consider them in future!! Flexible with timings n highly consider your needs and great guidance!!! It was reccomended by a family member n glad I called them. I had luxury plank done!!

Job Satisfaction

Luxury vinyl flooring....looks great, feels great

Found a hard wearing waterproof vinyl flooring at Carpet Call. It is the latest flooring technology from the US and looks great in Highland Oak. Tim and the team from Elegant Floors in Sydney laid it in a day. Very happy with the results.

Bad service and our stairs are still not finished

Ordered vinyl flooring for 2nd floor and stair case. Was assured they could do the stairs too. Lifted carpet and showed 2 sales people, they quoted and we paid. When they laid the flooring, they only covered half of the tread. Over 1 moth later and I am still battling and about to pick up the phone to Dept of Fair Trading. We had also ordered Plantation Shutters from these guys and advised them that the Shutters needed to go down BEFORE the flooring as the track needed to be under the flooring. Guess what, they took my money and did not place the order for the Shutters. Unbelievable. I would not recommend using Carpet Call!

Dear Robyn, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.

Very pleased withour new vinyl floor

We had the hallway, family room, office and sewing room, a fairly large area, done with vinyl flooring which we are really pleased with. It was all finished in two days and the guys doing the work were excellent in all areas. They cleaned up and never left a mess behind for us to clean up. So after starting a day late the work was completed on time.

They don't seem to be interested in business

I wanted to put Coretec Plus vinyl flooring in my unit. My strata rules about floating flooring regulate ratings as per standards set by Building Code of Australia (measured as integral LnTw number). When I asked the shop assistant to provide me acoustic ratings of the vinyl I chose, he forwarded me some raw results of a test made back in China, and those results were not accepted by the strata management. It's a pity that an importer can't properly document their product for Australian market, while at least two other competitors do.

Dear Roman, The test certificate that we have is tested against international standards. This report has been accepted all over the world in places such as Europe, The United States and Australia. This product is manufactured in China as is most products in this category, and the test certificate that is supplied is accepted all over the world as China is the common place it is imported from. This product has world-wide sales exceeding 30 million square meters and we have never had a request where a customer needed any further or different test certificates which include some very large builders and retail markets that we supply and install. Roman, as we are sure you can appreciate, providing a test exclusively for the purposes of your strata title rules would be economically restrictive given the cost of the report is over $6000 and the quantity of product you require is minimal. We do hope you find the flooring that you are looking for and which satisfies your strata rules.Let me reiterate this: some "international standards" may well be accepted in Australia, but apparently some are not. BCA measures acoustic ratings in LnTw, and consumers have all the right to expect it to be stated on the product in that unit of measure. Large builders may have their way around it (we all know they have ways around many requirements, just read up on cladding issues), but clearly strata management community requires Australian standard. Harvey Norman provides this rating it with Novocore vinyl, and Carpet Court with Armstrong Pryzm.

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

I purchased the wood effects vinyl flooring on the 27th of June 2018. Picked the product up on the 23rd of July 2018, after being away and waiting on the warehouse to get stock. I used one pack of the flooring the job I was doing (Feature Wall). Product looked cheap and wasn't what I was after. I went to return the 3 unopened, undamaged boxes on 8-Sept to the store and was told a refund would not be possible. The refund was for a grand total of $192. Feeling a bit hard done I voiced my concern and was contacted by Management. Management advised me that due to different coloring in the product from batch to batch they wouldn't refund the product. I was advised the whole batch that my product was from was sold out. I was never given any particulars about the batch when I asked for them. I take some responsibility in not trying to return the order quicker, but let this be a lesson to all DIY, if you purchase from this store you would want to be laying the next day. I am really disappointed how my request has been handled and I find their reasons to be lacking. I would recommend people considering Carpet Call to give them a miss, as once you pay for the product they couldn't careless. If this is how they deal with a $190 return, imagine how they'd be with a big job. Long story short, don’t give them your business.

As per the reply I have received, BUYERS BE AWARE that display products, can and will likely be (from carpet calls own words) different to the product that you purchase, based on the DIFFERENCES from batch to batch. If you open that box and notice they are different you won’t be entitled to a refund.Dear Ash, We’re sorry you weren’t able to return your product due to a change of mind after 2-3 months, our Operations Manager even checked to see if we had any of the remaining batch left in an attempt to accommodate you. When supplying new products to our customers, flooring must be stored in the correct conditions and in some products different productions can incur slight “dye batch” variations. We always endeavour to assist where possible however in this case too much time had passed.

Great product and service

We recently purchased vinyl plank flooring from Carpet Call Mandurah. Chris and his staff were great to deal with and the installer Eddie, was great and did a very professional job. Have also just purchased a rug through Raz at Carpet Call Cockburn Central and he also was good to deal with allowing us to arrange everything through Mandurah. The follow up service has been excellent! Would have no hesitation in recommending Carpet Call to anyone.

So disapponted

Had vinyl planking laid in my kitchen. The planks look they are from 2 different sources, 1 dark, 1 light. Had to ask the layer to redo it and not put small fill ins surrounded by dark planks, dark planks next to light & fill in bits in highly visible areas rather than rather than below cupboard doors. Had I been advised by the salesman that "Colour variations from panel to panel can be extreme", I would have gone with an alternative. Before signing & paying, read every clause of the Invoice The job commenced at 4.55pm & completed by 8.55PM. The Supervisor's only concern was a long day for the layers and the job being finished, but not why it took so long & the look of the finished job.

Dear JPK, I am sorry to hear about your disappointment. The product you selected is a quality product and its look and features are by design and are in no way faulty or sub-standard. The samples clearly show dark and light boards as a mixture of colours as was shown to you in your home. We have since spoken to you and you agree that you were shown the samples yet you believe we should have advised you not to select the product. Although our sales people do suggest ideas and styles, we cannot make selections for you due to everyone’s taste being different and the selection of colours is ultimately up to our customers. The job commenced late due to you requesting a late start after 1pm. Our installers need to attend other jobs and are not available to start their first job at 1pm. It was completed just after 6pm however you asked the layers to redo some of the job and move boards around causing a very late finish for our installers.

Love it !!!!!!!!

We could not be happier with the amazing service that we were given, from Massi at the Prosect store spending the time with us to explain all our options, and Sen maticulasly measuring our complicated living space. The trades, Junior and Sarah on vinyl, and Michael on carpet, were very hard working and professional, which has produced a result that was much better than we imagined. We will surely be recommending Carpet Call Prospect to everyone.
Thanks it's much appreciated!!!

Love our new vinyl floors

Went to carpet call at prospect NSW The staff very friendly and helpful.Bill and his wife layed our new vinyl floors and our house looks amazing.Thank you so much

Bad customer service

We went into the Joondalup Store (WA) and picked out some vinyl tiles. They checked and said that they were in stock and I could collect them from the warehouse. So I paid for them and set off to collect from the warehouse. (It was only 2 boxes to do a wall but we are going to put laminate through out the house soon, we even picked that out and got a pice.)
As I got to the warehouse the shop salesman rang me and said that the tiles weren’t available but assured me that he could get me 2 boxes the next day and would deliver them. He would call and confirm.
I didn’t receive a phone call by 2.30pm so I rang the shop and was told that the tiles weren’t available, the pallet had been damaged and that I would be refunded my money.
I returned to the shop and picked out some vinyl floor planks that would look good on the wall with the laminate flooring that we had picked out.
The salesman said they were in stock but he would get someone to physically check the stock and let me know first thing the next morning.
Didn’t hear a word! No phone Call or message.
Not Happy!!! Very bad customer service by not following up and letting me know.
We have since purchased tiles and flooring from another company.

Dear Kev, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and we will investigate.Hi, I did send a pic of the invoice when initially did the review. The invoice number is 28908 Thank youThanks Kev, we will follow this up. We don't get a copy of the pic you sent as it is just a process that Product Review uses to verify you as a customer. Note the green Verified Customer.

Poor quality and service

Had 2 representatives from Carpet Call look at the vinyl floorboards we purchased and were installed by Carpet Call at Wingfield in S.A. Both agreed the floorboards are defective, grooves from the vinyl floor are lifting and breaking. Firstly, one said the flooring had shrunk, then he said it was the manufactuer's fault (poor quality), now he saying it was the installer's fault. Carpet Call refuse to take responsibility for their poor quality service and workmanship. They have agreed the floor is defective but will not do anything about it. We have a 25 year warranty on this floor which means nothing to these people. Time to take matters further. Don't waste your time with Carpet Call. Will never purchase anything or walk into a Carpet Call store ever again. They do not care about their customers. Thanks for nothing Carpet Call. Very disappointed and dissatisfied with Carpet Call.

Dear Lisa, I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and we will investigate.Dear Lisa, I am sorry to hear that the product we have supplied you has not met your expectations. The photos that we have taken shows that the floor has been poorly installed. We can see it has been installed over another floor which may be some of the cause of poor performance. In addition to this, the sub-floor may also be causing issues. The floor has been down for over 4 years and was supply only; Carpet Call did not install it nor can you advise who did or have any receipts for those works. We have installed millions of square metres of flooring which includes this type and many other flooring types. We are yet to see a floor that has been so badly treated. The photos we have taken show that the floor has been subject to abuse and any product would have no resistance to ultimately showing a similar result to yours. We can publish these photos if need be.We were told by your representative that it is a manufacturer's fault and that carpet call do not use this floor anymore. The floor we had does not get glued, and apparently as your representative told me carpet call only use floor which is glued now. We still have samples to show this floor does not need to be glued down. We did not treat our floor badly, why would we when we paid $5,000 for it. We explained to the salesman who is no longer employed by carpetcall, we needed sturdy, strong flooring as we have 2 children in electric wheelchairs. This is the floor he recommended to us. Your contractors, supplied to us by the salesman laid the floor. We are in discussion with your representative at present, who has admitted to some responsibility by the manufacturer, for a refund, or to fix the floor. To even suggest that we deliberately went out of our way to destroy this floor is an absolute insult. Carpetcall need to own up and accept responsibility for poor quality floor. I do not believe for one minute that you have never had problems with this floor as I was told you do not use this type anymore. We will wait to here from your representative to have a suitable outcome. If we do not have a suitable outcome we will take this matter further, it has taken far too long to resolve. As for photos, we look at this floor everyday and if you want to publish them please do so that your customers can see how truly bad this floor is.

Very very pleased :)

Jason and Phil were very professional and more than helpful, measuring was spot on! , couldn't be happier, absolutely love the new vinyl in my home, thank you so much to the team at carpet call Helensvale, much appreciated!

Coretec Plus Vinyl Plank Flooring - Revision

I need to revise my original review. Sadly, I spoke too soon. Initially I was happy with the product...but it's been over 6 weeks now, and I regret my decision. I chose Carpet Call over their closest competitor (Carpet Court) because I thought they had a superior product...but the vinyl now has some surface scratches (I have a cat), feels "plastic" underfoot and still has several spongy areas (I was told it would "settle" in a few weeks).
I'm seriously considering starting over with Carpet Court (who were also cheaper) to get the colour I want.

Dear Nancy, I’m sorry to hear that the product purchased at our store has not met your expectations. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us your feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you. We’d love to follow up the situation. Please provide us with your invoice number and store you dealt with and we will investigate.Thank you for your prompt reply. My invoice number is 24528, and I dealt with Anush at your Auburn store.Carpet Call, I'm waiting to hear from you regarding a solution.