Carpet Call

Carpet Call Questions & Answers (page 3)

Jazzy
Jazzy · Carpet Call

I was told that cortex was 100 percent water proof but reading the contract it stated that no water was to be applied to the surface of this product . How do you clean it if no water is to be used?

Carpet Call   DM

Cortec is the latest generation in flooring and it is a fantastic product. While we are confident in the product itself being 100% waterproof we recommend that customers don’t over apply water to any floating floor as any water penetration thru the boards and onto the sub-floor is not desirable. We use these terms on our invoices so customers are cautious. Water can be used to clean the floor with a well rung out mop with water not directly poured on the floor. When cleaning any floor the area you have just cleaned should be dry within a couple of minutes and no pooling left.

Get Real !
Get Real ! · Carpet Call

I was pleased to read, albeit, a little surprised by your response to Q & A, Sam C. on July 25, 2017 regarding payment by credit card. Could you tell me if your advice regarding intervention by a customer’s bank is written into your contracts or is it something new to the market place and possible only done by Carpet Call?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Get Real, this is called a charge back and is handled by the credit card provider. Examples of specific criteria for a bank to process a charge back is if "Goods and Services were not received" among many other dispute reasons such as "Goods which are defective" or "Goods which are not as described". In the example here for the Commonwealth bank, they detail under what conditions a charge back can be processed. This is similar to most financial institutions and is nothing new. external link . Do you have an issue with a Carpet Call installation that we can help you with?

Ali
Ali

This actually happened to me and it has been a nightmare. I had my bank get my money back as they never had permission to take the full amount. !!! I dont know how they are still operating when they do this to people.

Jessica R
Jessica R · Carpet Call

Today my husband and I looked at laminate flooring at Carpet Call. We were very happy with the help we got in store; however, the instore pricing of the Parador 1050 range was $35 per sqm but it's only $28 online. Also we were quoted $10-$35 per sqm for underlay! This is the price listed on the products. Online the underlay is $11-$16 (for the decent Dunlop etc.) Why is there such a difference in the cost particularly the underlay? I think expecting up to $35 sqm for underlay is ridiculous. There are some underlay available at building supply retailers which have good warranties and similar properties that work out to be about $5 sqm.

We are more than happy with the laminate floors but don't think we can justify the asking price for underlay.

Carpet Call   DM

Dear Jessica, without knowing the specific details of the price you received, it is hard to give you a informed response. The online price is pick-up only and supply only with no floor prep, scotia or trims included. Are you intending to install it yourself? What store did you deal with?

Sam C · Carpet Call

I would like to know why you expect us to pay for something in full before we get it? Just not right. I had work sipply and install by an electrician yesterday who we eill be grtting the invoice for in the post shortly. Not even a deposit. I completrly understand a deposit but will not accept paying the full amount prior. It is unreasonable. Im sure you dont pay your layers before they have completed the job.

Very dissapointing that i wouldnt have even been told this until much later. It was only that i asked the question when about to pay a deposit.

Carpet Call   DM

Thank-you for your question. Tradespeople handling large sums of money can put them in a vulnerable position for their safety. There are also security issues with handling credit card numbers. The bulk of our payments are by Credit Card.

We try and remove these risks by asking the customer to complete the payment over the phone with their credit card. This does two things. It protects the customer as if they are not happy with the installation and feel they cannot resolve with Carpet Call, they contact their bank and lodge a dispute. The bank will refund the money to the customer’s credit card. The customer is protected.

We do technically start the job days before it is laid by cutting carpet for the job.

We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and we follow up every installation with a phone call to both get feedback and ensure the customer is happy.

Do you have a problem with an install that we can help with? If you are unhappy with a job we have done, we would love to hear more so we can resolve your concerns. Please provide the job number and store you dealt with so we can help.

Regards

The Carpet Call Team.

Sam C

I havent got to that stage. Pulled out just as about to give deposit when found out psyment expected prior. We were looking at vinyl planks - not cut into the day.

Happy to pay credit card after the service is done. No need for tradies to handle cash. Have had bad experience saying things will be fixed after payment and nothing done from your supposidly reputable competitor. I have also read warnings about paying full amount before service is complete. 50% should be more than enough to cover any product costs when most work is in preparing the tiled surface below for laying.

Catriona
Catriona · Carpet Call

Can somebody please call me re getting my carpet laid. I am totally frustrated with lack of service and waiting around. 0417 221119.

Carpet Call   DM

Dear Catriona, We have followed this up and believe it is being laid today.

Nick
Nick · Carpet Call

Hi

I have found the people in your Indooroopilly store to be extremely poor. Not only did they delay the installation of my flooring, when they did eventually come to install my flooring they only installed the one room and refused to do the other one. After threatening to have someone else complete the job, they eventually installed the flooring in the second room, but in the process did not clean up after (leaving a lot of mess) and damaged my wall. I have spent the last few months trying to get them to remedy the issues, but so far they have just ignored my emails and requests to have the damage repaired. I have tried to contact the company through Facebook and I all get told is that someone will contact me shortly. What do I need to do to actually speak to someone to have this issue resolved?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Nick, I am sorry to hear about your poor experience. If you can reply with your invoice number we can follow this up and have someone call you.

Johnson

My advice, stay right away from carpet call... if you experience any problems, it will be the biggest nightmare of your life. Don't expect the staff or store manager to help. Best of luck!

Mandy
Mandy · Carpet Call

Hi,We are building a house in Clyde north, Melbourne. We have selected a dark colour in our galary day, now we want to change it to creamy colour, I looked your website, there is not product code and not much ranges to see. How can I do this?

actually we are living in Darwin, so we cannot visit your store from here. please help me to select the colour we want so we can let our builder knows. Thanks

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Mandy, Please go to external link  and submit a form. Someone will then be able to help.

Lisa · Carpet Call

Guy who came to do measure wanted me to lock in the order on the spot. He said if I paid a deposit today & later changed my mind there would be no issue cancelling the order. On 18/4 we paid 40% deposit for our floors via EFT, however I had to visit the store 23/4 to sign new invoice due to error. The salesperson also said that he would visit my house to re-do the measure & check our floors before anything happens. My order is only a week old & not scheduled to be installed until late June. I called store 30/4 to cancel my order & was told that I would only get a store credit. Why wouldn't I get a refund of my deposit if the floors haven't been cut or part-installed? Nowhere on the site or in T&Cs on my invoice does it say. I could only go off what I was verbally told. The reason for my refund is that we were provided with no info on the life-time warranty & after doing independent research to locate this info, I have discovered that it's not a suitable product for us. Please advise?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Lisa, What is your invoice number so I can follow this up?

Lisa

Invoice number 59404 (changed to 59406). Prospect NSW store.

EnTiqUe · Carpet Call

Hi Guys, If I have paid deposit of $2200 for the product around 6 months ago and needed to be installed in March 2017, if I don't want to go ahead with that, should Carpet call possibly offer a refund ? or do they keep that 20% deposit ?

Carpet Call   DM

Dear Entique, It depends on a few factors. For example if the product was cut or especially ordered in for you. What is your invoice number and store that you dealt with so I can look this up for you. You can email this information to webreporting@carpetcall.com.au if you wish.

Hi

I have emailed on (webreporting@carpetcall.com.au) as requested, hoping to get a resolution ASAP. I am sure other customer's will be eager to see the resolution.

EnTiqUe

As usual no response, so let's put it here !

================================

Hi there,

I am not sure about the new invoice number. What I will be sharing right now is the exact situation from Moorabbin Store (Victoria).

The story started back in Jun 16, when we were sold from couple of your employees in Moorabbin store. The price he provided (ABC- Store Manager at that time) for Vinyl Planks was good and we thought to book it in as he said there won't be any price changes for next 2 years. He provided $11k looking at my big job for around 143sqm.

We were happy and thought to paid the deposit as he requested for 20 %, so we paid $2200 as requested and he provided us with the invoice which I have a copy of and I believe it's a legal document to prove that whatever is written, we would be responsible for the same. We got a call from XYZ (New Store Manager) in Feb end (2017) advising that our job is lined up for the 1/3/2017. So I told him that we are still waiting on the hand over date which is later than that date.

So we decided to visit the showroom just to see if any new colour has been arrived or not, that's when we met XYZ, and we suddenly got to know from him that there will be an extra charge of around $1900 for some adhesive, obviously we were shocked, as to question, why this was not communicated to us before, you guys had almost 8 months to let us know so we would have decided either to go ahead or cancel the job. The reason I was tempted to book this job before hand so that I can include in my bank loan, as I don't have cash left once I will build the house.

So, we spoke to the Area Manager (DEF- not sure if that's the name), and I explained that we were given this quote and why should we pay extra, if you commit something to your customer you should stick with it, isn't this a policy for a genuine businesses like yours??

Anyway, I had to tell him if we can arrange to pay only $1000, and I guess they got agreed with the amount, now I am paying $12k instead of $11k, not my mistake but mixed up of your process or issues. I am still not happy with this and hoping to pay the same original price.

I am sure name like Carpet call can afford that to make the customer happier and loyal. I am already struggling to arrange the left over money and now this extra $1000 has given me enough stress to manage at the time of installation. Look, I am not blaming XYZ(current store manager) as he has nothing to do with this, but both the employees who sold this have left carpet call and obviously hard to prove what and how they sold this product to us.

Now, if you want to reply !

Steph
Steph · Carpet Call

We have had Parador laminate flooring in a new house for 4 months. Now we are finding chips and holes in it. The supplier wants to fill them with a wax product. ANy thoughts?

Carpet Call   DM

The filling of scratches and chips in a floating floor is something that can be done very successfully with the wax repair kits available today. The use of this product is considered standard industry practice.

Meera · Carpet Call

Hi, I have been dealing with carpet call & am quite unhappy with the service. We had carpets installed in 2015 & last 3 months we Have had nails coming out where the carpets meet the doorways. It's been quite painful & serious as both our kids have had cuts leading to some serious bleeding. When I addressed this to the after sales area I was advised nothing could be done & it was "normal". How is having nails sticking out of carpets & causing injury normal?

Laura
Laura

Hi Meera, that's terrible and not normal I wouldn't think! I have kids too and would be mortified if this happened. My carpets were super neat and nothing protrudingst all, the doorways were neatly finished with a metal cover, no nails sticking out, Infact i was told should anything go wrong with job that they guaranteed to fix it unless it was damaged by my cat scratching the carpet.

It's crazy to leave nails in a state that can hurt people. I would call head office or deal directly with the store that did job. I only dealt directly with store.

Carpet Call   DM

Dear Meera, I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. The pins that are under the carpet and on the edges of the room is called smooth edge. This is the part that holds the carpet in place and ensures that the carpet is stretched so it doesn't become loose. We can certainly hammer these down further however this can risk the carpet becoming loose. What is your invoice number and the store you dealt with so we can follow this up and speak to you so we can resolve this for you.

Meera

Hi, that would be lovely. The invoice number is 006 851 37161 . We bought it from the Artarmon store in NSW. It was paid for on 27/8/2015

So, will someone contact me with regards to checking this problem out.?

Thanks, Meera

Meera

Hi, carpet call people, haven't heard from you. Please advise what's going to happen or do i need to lodge an official complaint?

Hi Meera,

I would suggest to lodge your complaint via Consumer Affairs, as I am planning the same. It's been over a month and I have no response to my question.

Feel free to complaint if you are not satisfied, I guess some companies are under an impression that customer don't have time to do housekeeping stuff. I would surely go :)

Johnson

My advice, stay right away from carpet call... if you experience any problems, it will be the biggest nightmare of your life. Don't expect much help. Best of luck!

HR B

meera there is facebook under carpet call complaint page please post your post there too

Roseanna
Roseanna · Carpet Call

Hi there, I put a deposit of $840.00 on a a carpet I chose, they rang me a week later saying it wasn't in stock anymore, and did offer for me to choose another carpet. I didn't find a colour I liked, so I asked for a refund.

The polite staff member said that he had to get the approval from their state manager. There is a problem here, the state manager, has been sent emails, from the head office account, phone calls by the store manager, to get the ok, but this state manager , must be missing in action! I have also left a message on his phone, only via the call being transferred to him via head office accounts and straight on his message bank. I am just wondering if you have employed an invisible state manager, and your paying someone who doesn't exist. This is now the 3rd week, I am waiting on my refund. It's not the poor accounts ladies fault or the store manager. Should I go to a current affair and see if they can locate him? Please advise?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Roseanna, I believe you have received your refund. I am glad it is resolved and apologise for the delays.

ankita
ankita · Carpet Call

Hi Guys,

we decided product and paid 40% deposit and price locked down and they agree not to increase the price.

The installation date is after one and half month. now they come down with the extra costs after measurement the house, so we don't want to proceed ahead.

The shop is saying that they can't refund the deposit back(40%). Is this correct as per cancellation policy?

Now, How much I need to pay for cancel the product. And what are the cancellation policy?

Please, reply as soon as possible.

Carpet Call   DM

Dear Ankita, If your product hasn't been cut or partly installed, you can cancel at any time.

EnTiqUe · Carpet Call

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Eddy, give me your invoice details and store you dealt with and we'll investigate.

EnTiqUe

I am very disappointed now, as just got to know that when we booked this product on 18/06/2016, due to better price and deal and thought we won't be paying anything extra and the total came to $11k with 20% deposit paid at the store. However, recently we got to know that they will charge us extra for some ardent glue or something, my question is both the people who helped us that time don't work in Moorabbin store, new person James helped us but told me if I would cancel I will lose all the deposit. we are so much disappointed that we now have to pay another $1k due to that issue. My only concern is why this was not communicated to us before hand so that we may have prepared or cancel if we want. I am still happy to go ahead with carpet call, but not happy to pay that extra money, and I am sure company like carpet call can afford to keep their words what offered to the customers.

If you can please have a look into this.

Nazeefa Ghazali
Nazeefa Ghazali

Hi Entique, your reply is a true eyes opener. We are building right now and in the pre start level. We would like to use carper call and actually going to put a deposit later today! but after reading your reply im just going to wait for what carpet call going to do to help u. Imnot going to support a business that doesnt back up or help a customer like u. Since u are spending quite a large sum in there , that what at least they could do.what happened to u could happen to me when my house is ready somewhere in Dec 2017. Carpet call, just so u know we ur potential customers are reading and aware, keeping notes about ur possitives and negatives. Take care of the currents and old customers so the new ones keeps coming.

Thanks Nazeefa,

Just waiting from someone to contact me.

Will keep u update

Sam C

Sounds like this is a common problem and carpet court is no better if a trade is not upto scratch. Not sure what has happened to this industry. Need to find an honest small business.

Puneet
Puneet · Carpet Call

Hi

I had an issue with the carpets , I have been contacting jacob and tony in perth store but I have got no updates as I have been ringing them for last 3 months and no one bothered to call me back ,this is ridiculous who am I supposed to contact?

CONSUMER RIGHTS

The best advice I can provide is to seek Department of Fair Trading advice. That will get the ball rolling!

HR B

hi Johnson i have created a complaint page as " carpet call complaints " i please like you to write your comments and feedback

CJM
CJM · Carpet Call

Hi,

When did your Watergardens store open?

Early June 2016.

kit
kit · Carpet Call

Hi where are your shaggy rugs made?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Kit, our shag rugs come from all over the world and not a specific place. Some of the locations we have sourced our rugs from have been Egypt, China, Israel, India and Turkey.

Bev Bobbitt
Bev Bobbitt · Carpet Call

Hi! Had carpet laid in 2 houses through the Narre Warren store and were rapt with the assistance, advice and help we got from Kyle. The carpet layer did a wonderful job and like other customers remarks we cannot see any joins. I would recommend Carpet Call. Was wondering if you can tell me (have forgotten) what is the "make up" of your Cashmere carpet please?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Bev, Thank you for your positive comments. Our Cashmere range is 100% Anso Nylon and carries a 20 year warranty on soiling, staining and quality assurance. Please contact your local store for a copy of the warranty.

Best Regards,

The Carpet Call Team

George
George · Carpet Call

Hi Guys,

I love your selection and I utilise you all the time, with my Interior Design business, I'm upset to have to even discuss this, but I know in my own business, when my staff aren't performing in a way that I want people to respect and like that I would definitely want to know.

I have a incredibly important client. He paid his deposit of $5620.00, and then was demanded to pay the remaining amount of $8400.00, prior to installation, otherwise the job on the 16/12/15 would not be completed. They not only did not arrive, the the absolute lack of communication is worrying, as I'm sure you would understand .This was at the Moore Park location. I truly need some communication and need this done on Friday please. I don't want to feel bad about the company! As you are all so usually wonderful.

Please respond ASAP.

My client's email is george@rozvany.com

Amount was paid.

Carpet Call   DM

Dear George, Thank-you for your question. We did indeed contact your client and advise the problems that arose with the uplift of tiles before we could lay the flooring. We have spoken to him again this morning and have made arrangements to get the majority of your floor down and we are also making arrangements to sort out the tile uplift issue. We apologise for the confusion and we are working vigorously to have your issue resolved as soon as possible.

mark
mark · Carpet Call

If I have two complete rolls of underlay left over and on site by the installer from the job how much refund can I be entitled to when carpet call eventually pick it up? Could the same miscalculations have occurred with the carpet?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Mark, You are charged by the square meter not by the roll of underlay which is measured, planned and signed by the customer.

CONSUMER RIGHTS

Our carpet was also over measured by Carpet Call. It's an absolute RORT! Very dishonest. The best step to take is to go to the Department of Fair Trading and investigate the situation.

HR B

please post your comments on facebook carpet call complaints page

Get an answer from our members and Carpet Call representatives

Select a listing for your question

Visit Official Website