Carpet Call

Carpet Call Questions & Answers (page 4)

skip
skip · Carpet Call

Australian Consumer law states that a contract is unfair if it ask the consumer to pay before completion of work. See extract below

Payment before completion of work

A number of contracts required the consumer to pay the price or the balance of the account prior to installation. The normal right of consumers is to pay the full price only on installation, and if the product and workmanship are satisfactory. Consumers should have an opportunity to inspect the work before payment.

The following terms would normally be considered as unfair:

Please note you are hereby accepting the C.O.D. payment to the layer as detailed above, and all the conditions on the face hereof. ##You will be required to pay the balance of the price on collection of the goods or prior to installation of the goods.

Why is Carpet Call still asking for full payment before installation on contracts?

Carpet Call   DM

Dear Skip, Thank-you for your question.

Tradespeople handling large sums of money can put them in a vulnerable position for their safety. There are also security issues with handling credit card numbers. The bullk of our payments are by Credit Card.

We try and remove these risks by asking the customer to complete the payment over the phone with their credit card. This does two things. It protects the customer as if they are not happy with the installation and feel they cannot resolve with Carpet Call, they contact their bank and lodge a dispute. The bank will refund the money to the customer’s credit card. The customer is protected.

We do technically start the job days before it is laid by cutting carpet for the job.

We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and we follow up every installation with a phone call to both get feedback and ensure the customer is happy.

Do you have a problem with an install that we can help with? If you are unhappy with a job we have done, we would love to hear more so we can resolve your concerns. PLease provide the job number and store you dealt with so we can help.

Regards

The Carpet Call Team.

David
David

they make you pay so that when they damage items you cannot not pay , we paid by transfer and they damaged a room. They will not follow up and try to ignore you so you go away.

CONSUMER RIGHTS

It is unfair to the consumer to be paying upfront. The consumer has a right to make final payment once they are satisfied with the carpet and carpet installation. In laymen's terms CARPET CALL IS A RORT> BEWARE AUSTRALIANS!

stormseeker · Carpet Call

Hi there, I am yet another unhappy customer of Carpet Call.

Firstly I was very angry that no one arrived to do final measure up and quote after I had already put down a $600 deposit, a hefty sum for me as I am a pensioner. I actually had to call your store in Narre Warren to ask what was going on! Very unprofessional. Apparently the manager ([name removed]) was away sick and had taken my invoice with him, ([name removed]) came out and measured up instead.

Ok fast forward to install of carpet. The layer did a great job with the carpet. But when it came to butt the carpet to the tiles, as ([name removed]) advised me he would, the carpet layer told me he couldn't do this as a metal plate hadn't been laid under the tiles when installed. I should've been told this when ([name removed]) came to quote! He was not thorough enough. The carpet guy put whatever trim he had with him down. Now I am left with a trim that doesn't match the rest of the trims in the house. I am pretty annoyed about this. Please sort this out?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Stormseeker, I am sorry you had so much trouble at our store, would you please reply with your invoice number so we can look into this.

Hi there, my invoice no. is 63534

stormseeker

Hello is anyone there? It's been two weeks since I provided my invoice details and haven't received a reply from Carpet Call. Your company 'prides itself on great customer service?' Are you kidding me! Carpet Call don't know the meaning of the word! You're all about money and shafting honest & hardworking people.

CONSUMER RIGHTS

Please seek DEpartment of Fair Trading.

neil
neil · Carpet Call

hello

is it customary to pay for carpet 100% up front? I don't recall paying for professional services until I was satisfied that it was done correctly

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Neil, we collect payment upfront via credit card to make the payment secure for the customer. This saves the layer having to handle the payment the morning of installation. This method protects the customer as if there are any disputes, the customer can simply contact their bank and raise a dispute for the payment.

Greg
Greg · Carpet Call

Got a measure and quote from a Carpet Call representative, once finished he informed of the deposit and time frame and i stated i require time to think about it. He asked that i initial the sheet with the measurements. There was also the quote written inside the measurement box. I was really hesitant to sign and stated i wasn't prepared to commit to anything, he assured me that it wasnt committing and it was so that if i do proceed they do not need to come out to take further measurements. I ended up initialing the drawings. I am quite worried that they have my signature now though - should i be?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Greg, You have nothing to worry about. This would simply make it convenient for you so if you wish to go ahead, all the measurements are done for you. What store did you deal with and which state? If you are concerned I can get a Senior Manager to give you a call.

Regards

The Carpet Call Team

rita fiorentini
rita fiorentini

Hi Greg, I can only say that carpet call did a fantastic job & it was worth it, I do understand how you were feeling as carpet call required a deposit and they also asked for the final payment before my timber was installed, I was very nervous about this and I rang carpet call advising them that I was very uncomfortable paying for something that I haven't yet received, they assured me that the work would be done and the tradesman is scheduled to lay the timber on the due date, thank god, it all went to plan the tradesperson came on the due date and was working a full 3 days to lay the floor, it looks absolutely fantastic, at this stage I really do not think you have anything to worry about

Pookthechook
Pookthechook · Carpet Call

Just have massive problem with carpetcall!! Anyone ever get their deposit back?

Carpet Call   DM

Hi Pookthechook, what is your invoice number and state you are in? With some detail I can help assist your enquiry.

Hi Pookthechook,

You shouldn't have a too much trouble getting your deposit back. I got my money back very quickly..

K M Lang
K M Lang · Carpet Call

These are some of the worst product reviews I've ever read. 25 "terrible" reviews so far in my reading and I'm only back six months this year. We're meant to be getting Carpet Call carpets as part of our house package but in light of the grief so many people have had with them we're going to ask for a credit and put that towards a better recommended supplier. One or two bad reviews I get, stuff happens, but so many with the same complaints in such a short period? Shocking.

Capja
Capja

Hi K M Lang, good move requesting the credit. I have never been so disgusted or let down with an Australian company. Their Customer Service is appalling (even at management level) and I struggle to understand how they stay in business. I guess it's the many customers that trust them and dont bother reading these review sites before purchasing their products. - sadly we were one of them. Never again.

Ken@HelpingHands
Ken@HelpingHands

I can't Speak on behalf of any body else but we got great service and product. I am not being paid to write this, I'm just another customer. A very satisfied one.

There is a quote " All it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing". I think that's what happening here. We Aussies are often to quick to implement "Tall Poppy syndrome" happy to find the fault and don't bother to share the good.

The next time I need carpet I WILL use Carpet Call and will recommend them to whomever I can.

Anne
Anne

H KM lang, I hoped you stayeded away from Carpet Call. A very negative experience for me

Ripped off
Ripped off

You were the smart one

We paid deposits on three jobs they stuffed up the first one and we have asked for our deposits back for the other jobs and they keep saying they will look into it but they have still not refunded our money

Looks like we are going legal

moso02
moso02 · Carpet Call

Wow what terrible reviews! I will not be using this company.

Jenny Stewart
Jenny Stewart

Agree 100%. Dreadful experience!

unhappy
unhappy

Yes it true carpetcall do nothing they come take photos they lie and dont belive you waiting game they play.... crazy no one cares from general mangager instalation manager to the regional manager no one listens they take yr money thats it. Unsatisfied customer I am still waiting after 1year

true
true

Anyone ca write a review regardless if they are a customer or not...!

54n7
54n7 · Carpet Call

To Carpet Call-Moore Park,

why didn't you refund my deposit of $800.00? it's not customer fault but it is your fault, fail to delivery the service.

Carpet Call   DM

Dear 54n7 I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience at our store. We really appreciate you taking the time to offer us feedback and giving us the chance to make this right for you.

We’d love to fix the situation and I hope you will give us another chance. Please call our General Manager on (02) 9674 3099 to chat in confidence so that we can ensure this does not happen again

dragon 50
dragon 50 · Carpet Call

I want my deposit returned, I am not happy was not told there is only a 7 day cooling off period, it is also not written anywhere on my paper work, very bad customer service when I rang store passed from person to person still waiting for return call. My 7 days should be valid from day of measurement which is now only 3 days?

Carpet Call   DM

Dear Dragon 50 Thanks so much for alerting us to this matter. Our teams work within company guidelines to offer professional friendly service and I’m sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion.

I hope you will allow me the opportunity to clarify a couple of points in private so that we can better the situation .

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. To assist me in escalating your feedback to our General Manager could you please let me know which state or store you have engaged Carpet Call

So So Dissapointed
So So Dissapointed · Carpet Call

Carpet Call,Why won't you return my phone calls as promised?

Carpet Call   DM

Dear So So Dissappointed I’m sorry to hear that you have not received a return call from Carpet Call

We’d love to fix the situation and I hope you will give us another chance. Please let us know which store you are awaiting an answer from or in which state you reside so that I can escalate your enquiry to our General Manager to chat in confidence

mark
mark

6 phone calls, a host of emails with 12 attachments showing faults, a visit to the purchasing showroom. 3 weeks on. Not one email or phone call back. Zip, nothin' sweet FA.

Get an answer from our members and Carpet Call representatives

Select a listing for your question

Visit Official Website