Cars24 Australia

Cars24 Australia Questions & Answers

Verifiedcars24.com🏆 2024 Award
EJH
EJH

Hi, what are peoples experience with buying from cars24 in the last year? Has the cars lived up to their 300 point check? I was looking at buying but there are so many bad reviews and also not many recent ones from people buying.

Zoe

Hi just wondering how did everyone feel about sharing their license details over the call/electronically?

Andy M.
Andy M.

Nervous I guess. I convinced myself the research and reviews I had done was legit so I proceeded.

Zoe

Andy I just realised you’ve become a member today, are you going through a sale process?

David D.

How long does it take after deposit paid into my account until the date for pickup is arranged

Helix
Helix

It took about 5 days or so

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hi David, Thank you for your question.
Depending on how quickly payment is made and contracts are signed - it can be as little as 24-48 hours!

Jo and Mike
Jo and Mike

I'm in the process of waiting for final payment for my car (this Thursday) car picked-up on Friday but still unsure how I am to progress with my "Notice of Disposal" on my Rego paper. By NSW law I am required to complete this when the car is collected. Please explain what you expect me to do as I have been advised to leave all the paperwork to Cars24. Thanks. Michael Greenwood

Carol R.
Carol R.

Hi I too am waiting to see that part this week re rego. I’ll be jumping on RMS later this week to check and kept my insurance in place till then too. I received full money and car collected without a problem. Cheers Carol

Ashi

How is Carloan / Finance process.. Any experiences pls share. Is it expensive when compared to other dealers.??
First car buyer.. So a bit concerned about the process..??

Happy Customer
Happy Customer

I sold my car to them, I didn’t purchase a car. My experience was good.

Thnk u for ur feedback.

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hello Ashi, Thank you for your questions! Thought we'd jump in here and share some of the reasons we might be a great fit for your next car purchase.

Our process is fully transparent - customers can view their eligible rates and repayments for their chosen car upfront by completing the pre-approval in as little as 2 mins without affecting their credit score. Any applicable fees are highlighted upfront along with the lender quote so there are no nasty surprises.
We pride ourselves on the ease and speed of our finance process. The process is 100% digital and customers are guided by our expert finance managers throughout the process. Customers can get a full approval in as little as 2 hours.
Unlike dealerships, customers can choose a preferred lender from our panel of leading Australian consumer lenders offering superior customer experience, fast processing times and competitive rates.
If customers use our 7 day return policy, we also take care of all loan cancellation charges with our lenders so customers are not out of pocket for cancellation charges.

We hope this helps! Please reach out if you have any further questions, we're here to help :)

dartmum

Does anyone have any comments on the value for money of the CARS24 extended warranty?

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hi Dartmum, We offer CARS24 Platinum Cover which covers your car with mechanical and electrical parts, all cost of labour and unlimited claims (up to value of vehicle at time of claim in each claim). Click the link below to know more about CARS24 Platinum Cover - external link

Hope this helps!

Yes it does, thanks.

Steven C

Iam concerned about the possibility of data breaches with bank details being given. Any comments?

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hi Steven, We appreciate you reaching out.
Kindly note, we will never request bank details from our customers. Could you please elaborate further on what your concerns are regarding a data breach? We would love to clarify any concerns with you.

Steven C

I've just signed a contract with Cars24 that asked for my bank details.

Parminder
Parminder

There is no way to breach your data it’s similar you are dealing with car dealerships, only your drivers licence and bank account needed. That’s minimum you can make a deal with anywhere around

CARS24 Australia   DM

Apologies Steven, to clarify - if a customer is buying a car from us we do not ask for any bank details as it is not applicable. However if a car is being sold to us, yes we request this to send payments for the car we are buying. All banking information is securely stored, with only banking/finance team members who can access this information for the purposes of paying for the car.

Zoee
Zoee

I am in the process of buying a car from you guys. I have been asked to provide my bank details as well. should i be worried?

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hello Zoee, We do not ask for your bank details at checkout, however, if you are opting to pay via bank transfer, you will need to log in to your online banking on your device to transfer the funds. Your bank details are entered directly onto your online banking platform and not with us.

I hope this helps clarify things!

Lynda L.

Hi, I was contacted by Divya Sukhan via Gumtree regarding selling my car advertisement, and I was told it will be a virtual (online)inspection, I just curious how it work? And is it reliable? Hope you understand my concern as a customer and we face too many scams nowadays.
Kindly advise!

Jazz
Jazz

I did it
It was fine I just used my phone slowly went through everything and I then had a deposit in my account a pick up date organised then rest of money in my account day before pick up

Hi Jazz,
Thank you for your message. Where are you located? And how do they do a driving test if doing virtual inspection? I thought they have to use some specific equipments to test the battery, engine oil etc.

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hi Lynda, We run through everything with you during a video inspection. As long as the questions are answered accurately and there are no undisclosed mechanical/ electrical issues or damages - there will be no change in the offer we have given you. An initial deposit will be made into your account and the final balance will be transferred to you the day prior to the pick up of your vehicle. We also take care of all the paperwork for you!

Please reach out if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

Emmanuel C.
Emmanuel C.

How long does it take for cars to be delivered in NSW and QLD?

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hi Emmanuel, right now CARS24 services NSW, QLD and VIC - if the car is in the same metro city, then it can be as early as same day/next day in some instances.
If the car needs to moved interstate then upto 7 days (as long as the order is complete with contracts, payments/finance etc).
Regional/remote areas rely on third party transport and may be longer, but we also offer a pick up service if timelines is important to you.

Shi Wah C
Shi Wah C

Is it safe to sell my car to Cars 24 ?

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hello, absolutely! We are a licensed dealership and here to help. We can get our team to call you and walk you through the process if you like.

Shaunada
Shaunada

I am considering selling my car to Cars24 but have been told that despite your paying into my account 24hrs prior to vehicle pickup, the funds are not available for up to 5 business days. It is possible during those 5 days, you can request the bank to cancel the payment. What guarantee do I have that you won’t do that?

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hello Shaunada, we do not pick up any cars being sold to us until you have cleared funds in your account. In metro areas we can normally organise pick up in the the next day or two, and for regional areas it can take around 5 days. This is not a payment delay by any means, as we use osko for real time payments. Once payments are sent they cannot be cancelled.

pauloteaches
pauloteaches

Hi there Cars24 Teams,

I live in Victoria and I was wondering if you guys do the delivery of a car located in NSW to Victoria. What would be the lead time involved please?

Also, I am buying as part of Salary Sacrifice ... do I sort all the documentation with you or with my work?

Cheers

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hello, thank you for reaching out! Yes, we do deliver vehicles located in New South Wales to Victoria. The turnaround time is 5 - 7 business days once we have received full payment.

We have a team that specialises in Novated Leases. If you'd like we can schedule a call and take you through the process. Your employer will be able to provide more information on salary sacrificing.

If so, please respond to the private message we sent you with your contact details and the most suitable time to contact you.

Cars24

Shopper
Shopper

I like the idea of being able to buy a car online, the website is easy to navigate and access and the vehicle prices seem fair, but with so many seriously scathing negative comments what assurances can Cars 24 provide that they are actually able to deliver on their promises?

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hello Shopper That would be our 7-day trial period offer and the 6 months of complimentary warranty we provide all our customers.

To elaborate, our customers have 7 days to inspect and test drive the vehicle in person before fully committing to the purchase. If it's not the right fit for them, we simply collect the car and organise a full refund.

If they decide they do want to keep the car, we provide 6 months of complimentary warranty for their peace of mind. For further information on this, please see the below link.

external link

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out!

gusl9001

sry no where i can ask about question
im interested in car from cars24 on carsales.com
if i want inspect car need to reserve need to pay $500
is it refendable after inspection? thanks

no worry i wont bother cars24 too many negative feedback

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hello, thank you for reaching out! Yes, the $500 deposit is fully refundable. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

James M.
James M.

I don't see negative feedback

suzanne B
suzanne B

I have been contacted by CARS24 via carsales.com to buy my car. I am trying to find out if there are any fees involved. Can anyone advise please.

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hello Suzanne, thank you for reaching out! Please note that there are no fees involved. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

David P

Do CARS24 test their vehicles for methamphetamine (ice) contamination prior to delivery ?

David P

Does your organisation intend to reply as to whether the issue of methamphetamine (ice) contamination in second hand vehicles is considered to be an issue to Cars24 ?
The issue surrounding second hand methamphetamine (ice) contaminated vehicles is real and something that all sellers and buyers need to be made aware of !
This issue is about to be exposed through mainstream print media, talkback radio, news and current affairs programs as this issue and the consequences need to be made aware to those ignorant of the problem.
I am sure the groundswell of change will flow through to those buyers and sellers who test vehicles for methamphetamine (ice) contamination.
“ You buy it you own it “ ! We were were able to complete a test for less than $70.00 in less than 5 minutes and provided with a PDF report of the result.
The debate begins as to responsibility of remediation costs and the health issues associated with transporting family, friends and pets.

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hey David! Thank you very much for the information. We have relayed this internally for further reviewal!

David P

Thank You for your response. Our time frame is short as our first presser with print media is scheduled for Wednesday 9.30am.

lol c.
lol c.

You’re an actual flog looking for a discount

David P

Unfortunately you are going to get a enormous surprise with mainstream media embracing the issue. Hope your used car dealership survives champ

Karen

I stumbled on CARS24 website and found a car that could suit mine and my kid’s need’s. However, reading the negative reviews I am now a little taken back.
What guarantee will I have that I will not go through what the others have?

Everything was on the point couldn’t be better

Everything was on the point couldn’t be better

Karen

Thanks for your quick answer. I’d love to hear from CARS24 though, so I can hold them to it if anything happens.
It’s a big purchase online, plus I am unable to see the car or test drive it. It’s more nerve racking than buying from the Auctions.

grant V.
grant V.

Hi Karen when making a large purchase you may want to get a second opinion from your motor mechanic to make sure the car is what it supposed to be if you don't have any mechanical support cheap peace of mind.

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hey Karen, thank you for reaching out. We offer our customers a 7-day trial period after the vehicle has been delivered. This means that you will have 7 days to physically inspect the vehicle and test drive it to make sure it is suitable for your and your family's lifestyle. If it's not the right fit, we will collect the vehicle and organise a full refund. We hope that answers your question and provides you with some assurance. If not, please provide us with more detail in relation to your concerns so we can address them. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Mash P.
Mash P.

How long does it take to deliver?? Melbourne suburb

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hello Mash, thank you for reaching out! If the vehicle is located in Melbourne, the turnaround time is between 3-5 days. To check the location of the vehicle that you are interested in, and for a more accurate delivery timeline, please click on the Get Started button on the listing. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out! Thanks

Marg A.
Marg A.

How much is a Kia Sportage 1.6 GT Petrol trading in Mazda GT 2019 CX 5

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hi Marg, Thanks for the question. You can browse our range of Kias online. Please visit this link external link

David P

Do you test your vehicles for methamphetamine (ice) contamination ?

Mannes
Mannes

can i pay my lone up any time?
is there a charge on the pay up any time

CARS24 Australia   DM

Hi Mannes! Great question. The vast majority of the lenders CARS24 has access to via their partnership with Driva do not have early payout fees.

If you have chosen a lender that does have early payout fees, the payout fee amount will be available to you in your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

Feel free to contact our Customer team on 0488 825 496 or check out some of our FAQs external link

Get an answer from our members and CARS24 Australia representatives