Carsales.com.au

Carsales.com.au (page 3 of 10)

Carsales gave me lots of low ball offers of sales people

Seller

SellerSydney, NSW

Not as good as it once found it.

I received no real enquiries other than online scammers and predatory auction yards despite sensible and realistic pricing. My previous experience selling on this platform several years ago was good. However, my thoughts now are that they may have lost their market share of the buyers to other free online selling platforms such as gumtree. I complained to their customer service and was told that I needed to spend additional funds to upgrade my listing as this was my only avenue to rectify the poor response to my ad. That is not helpful.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Worst dealer ever poor and slow service Auto Outlet Direct, 3 Regatta Road, Five Dock NSW 2046. Phone : 0488890088.

This dealer did not answer calls. When finally connected to him, he was like 'whatever', 'my computer not working and I can't do an invoice', 'don't know when I can invoice'

Hilarys_Dad

Hilarys_Dad

Waste of my time

I contacted a dealer via the Carsales interface about a car I was interested in but did not hear back from them. A waste my own time researching the car to begin with.

scott

scottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Carsales dealer network charging more than private customers rip off

Carsales network have a hold on the market for dealers charging them more per listing and monthly also and also a join up free also
Any small dealer who just want to sell a few cheap cars a month have to sign up at huge costs. Its manipulative and unfair. Is it even legal to do that?? Someone should start a platform for small dealers.

Neil F.

Neil F.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Not worth it!

Not a great deal of interest, car priced well, instant offer was a scam. Car was sold through facebook market place for way more than instant offer and a lot more interest on that site.

Ramjet

RamjetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Complete waste of time and money

Put my car on the site with good photos and a price the site said was great. Not a single reply. Put it on Facebook marketplace at the same price, heaps of replies and sold it for the amount I wanted in 3 days.

JJ88

JJ88Sydney, NSW

This is an old-school scam

Carsales is a scam, i paid hundreds of dollars upfront to sell my car thinking this was a premium way to sell. a month later i have had zero inquiring. literally zero, i had already made my vehicle then cheapest of its kind, followed all their suggestions, posted my ad on all socials etc. still nothing... asked for a refund and got rubish help with a crap excuse about variable markets etc. i have free ads on gumtree and facebook for higher prices and have over 30 enquiries. carsales and their help sucks

Geraldine

GeraldineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Far more visible sites to use

Site was great and easy to use but sadly not as much traffic as other sites where I had at least double the amount of inquiries.
Used the instant offer service as my new car was ready, what a waste of time. The chap inspecting the car said there was hail damage, there was nothing obviously visible other than a few stone chips which is to be expected on a car 6 years old.
Would not pay for this advertising again.

MargSouth East Queensland, QLD

Use alternatives

I’ve been 2 weeks on Carsales.com and I have not had one enquiry despite the sites own price guides saying I was ‘good value’. The messaging system was not working and I was unable to upload photos. Was told by their customer service that this “happened some times”.

I just sold my car for the same price as advertised on car sales through Marketplace where I had multiple hits and enquires.

Go elsewhere and save money!!!!!

Marg

Very pleasant response but not really an outcome.

Carlos H.

Carlos H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What a waste of money and time

dont waste your money try free platforms like Facebook i sold my van in 2 days and after a month of posting my car here no a single offer very unhappy

JAISydney, NSW

not a good site for adverting your car

Site app stalls, photos slow to load, and now when you refine your search it does not refresh - always have issues with this site on iPad and iPhone - i have deleted the app again but it is stalls; its not worth the hassle. Car Sales should refund car sellers their listing fees when their site fails (which is is really often) until they get it fixed.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

useless customer service, useless accountants and lying account ,anagers

a year of chasing to pay outstanding bills.
told repeatedly in writting and verbally accounts where up to date
after a year and a half said i do infact owe
deleted my account after 12 years coz couldnt pay amount the next day.
when enquired about accountability got an apology and admission mistake is theirs but if not paid full amount cancel account.

Stephen

StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Carsales cancelled my ad because they didn’t like the change I asked them to make.

I listed a car and camper combo for sale. Standard type ad $100.
All ads and changes must be submitted to the Carsales team to be approved. So they have full control.
After a week I requested to change the ad to say the camper can sell separately for $x.
Rather than refusing the change, they cancelled the ad wanted another $100 to relist it. They claimed I broke the rule - one ad per item. Except I didn’t break the rule, I submitted the change for their approval.
It seems that just asking for something that goes against their rules results in your ad being cancelled so they can charge you again.
Not a good experience and even worse customer service. Blatant cash grab.
And it’s a terrible look for their business.

Derick S

Derick SNSW

Waste of MONEY!! Seems like FAKE VIEWS!!

I will never use Carsales ever again!! What a waste of money!! Posted my ad and right from that min dealers (asking me to sell my car for $7,000 actual worth is $14,000), scammers, freebie hunters etc started to call me!! Like seriously? Every time I checked on how many people have seen my car, it would go from 10 to 18 and the next day drop to 7?? Seems like fake views.... called them and explained them in what’s going on, came up with a bogus answer and said we can’t refund your money!!

CarSeller

CarSellerNorthern Region, NSW

Only use this site if you have unlimited time on your hands to deal with time wasters

Took a long time to sell. Once I dropped the price to just get rid of it, contacted by many people who made offers, then did not follow through, wanted what was already an unbelievably low price to go even lower, took up a huge amount of my time, etc. Overall an incredibly poor experience and I would seek almost any other alternative in future.

Alan c

Alan cSouth East Queensland, QLD

poor customer service sell cars quicker and cheaper on gumtree

expensive compared to gumtree
have listed cars for sale on carsales.com.au and gumtree for a few cars and I sold all my cars via gumtree and was cheaper compared to car sales. customer service when you have an issue is awful. they do love taking your money though.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Rip off merchants / Save your money and list on a free one

RobertSydney, NSW

Never reserve a car on carsales.com.au !!!

I paid $ 400.00 to reserve a car on their website. The idea is good. You pay a deposit to reserve a car for 48 hours. After 5 days you get your money back if you buy the car or not.
Trouble is that I did that over 2 weeks ago and now I am still waiting to get my money back from carsales.com.au. Took them 2 days to contact me after I complained . Now they want all my details again so they can find the money. Are you kidding me? You got all my details why not pay my money back on time? How hard can it be?
Never again !

Robert

Well I checked my bank account and there is no money to be seen from you. Must be more than one bug in your system. Maybe call Rentokil ?

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

I certainly wish it were that easy Robert! I'll PM you now.

True Review

True ReviewIllawarra, NSW

Payprotect is a a poor option and not correctly advertised.

Suggest use BPAY instead. This instant option adds 2 DAYS to the Transfer as its 2 Bpays and not one.

The advertising says instantly PAY. Nothing further from the truth. Disappointed.

Kylie M.asked

Might be a dumb question but how do you mark your car as sold on your ad? I only have an option to pause the ad

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Kylie, not a silly question at all! We're actually looking to improve this function. Just under the 'pause ad' button you'll see 'remove ad', hit that then follow the prompts to remove your ad. If you have any trouble, give us a bell on 13 72 53 (13 SALE). -Alex

sorry I meant 'on hold'

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Kylie, To put your ad on hold click 'pause ad'. See the link below for more details.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. -Alex

Jacqueline Salmeron

Jacqueline Salmeronasked

If a car is put on hold how can you contact the seller if the option of sending them a message isn’t available?

Evangeline Deza

In my case I called/rang the seller and thankfully She answered it and there's a phone/mobile nos. that She provided anyway .

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Jacqueline, if a seller has put their ad on hold you wont be able to contact them unless you their number or messaged them before the ad was put on hold. If you have the ad saved and they remove the hold you'll get a notification. -Alex

milica p.

milica p.asked

How do a message a seller that has place a car on hold ?

Evangeline Deza

Well as for me , you either ask him/her to message you back if that person did not fulfill/buy that car ! Its up to the seller anyway !

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Milica and Evangeline, if a seller has put their ad on hold, it could be for a variety of reasons. You will only be able to contact them if you've previously messaged them (before the ad was put on hold) or obtained their phone number when the ad was live. If you're interested in the car, we'd suggest keeping the ad saved as you'll get an alert if it's taken off hold and advertised again. It's possible the car has been sold and the seller has stopped the ad for the moment while they ensure the sale if final. -Alex

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives