Carsales.com.au

Carsales.com.au (page 4 of 10)

Eddie S

Eddie SBrisbane

Access Denied

Access denied error happening at random times, so I can't use the site to buy new or sell existing. Rang the support office, they said it could be my end - I don't care if it's my end, your site should work for everyone. Suggest listing your car on Gumtree - I don't have any problems accessing that site.

Mary Hender

Mary HenderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unsatisfied customer

I feel that I wasted my money on carsales.com.au, in the previous years the system was much better and you were able to benefit for money spent. However, I feel I wasted my money without service. I paid $70 for my ad and so many people came and told me that they can't even see it on the site. I called and enquired, their enquiry service is shocking as well. The respond was "PAY MORE MONEY" premium.
It's really sad and I will not use the system in the future.

BroScience

BroScience

Absolute garbage

Website 'saved search' and 'alert' function has been faulty for years. (as a user this is across multiple PC's and multiple different web browsers)

Upon recently writing Customer Support a very clear email telling them of their problems, the reply email I received showed a failure to comprehend what I had wrote.

bearforce1

bearforce1Sydney, NSW

Complete waste of money. GO GUMTREE FTW

Gumtree for free provided more enquiries

Sold the car for the price I wanted at gumtree for free.

Don't waste your money on carsales.com.au

Joel S

Joel SSydney

Beware of PayProtect payment system through Carsales

I sold my car through Carsales and accepted payment from the buyer through their 'risk free', 'guaranteed' PayProtect payment system.

They transferred funds into the wrong account (even after confirming that they had the my correct account details).

It has been a nightmare trying to resolve the issue. They are attempting to absolve themselves of any blame and are not appearing to take any steps to retrieve the funds a week after the mistake.

I have been dealing with the GM of customer service and apparently have no one higher than him to deal with. Any complaints about the service go directly to him.

Lots of $$$ out of pocket with no resolution in sight.

Mick

MickGold Coast

Don’t use they are Dominating the Auto Industry

Avoid they send unsolicited emails wanting to sell you there Finance Comapy Stratton that they own. They try to sell you tyres to give you a ridiculous low price. They need investigating.....

Not for private sellers

If you are not a car yard your ad will be incorrectly listed, and if you pay for premium advert your ad will still apear after every shonky car yard advert.
Try gum tree or trading post if you are a genuine private seller. Rating minus 10 worst waste of money and time

sam

samSydney, NSW

Ripoff

They charge you minimum $68 to advertise on their website. Your advertisement gets drowned in thousands of ads, then they ask you to pay more to have a better exposure. So unethical and bad website. There are other websites that are free and can be more useful.

Vee2020

Vee2020Ballarat

Absolute scam site

After your car hasn't sold in a month these scammers place a sold sign on the add, clearly to boost confidence in buyers. They want to make it appear there site is selling lots of cars, when in fact they aren't selling any. All the reviews are fake, just like the 2 phoney buyers they had enquire on my add after l submitted a claim to PayPal for the $295.00 l paid for a premium add. Dont use this site! They will take your money and you'll get nothing in return. I should have just used a site like Gumtree which is free. CARSALES is a big scam!!!

Steve M

Steve MMosman

Reports are crap

Geoff

GeoffSydney

Poor service from Customer Service, Unable to fix incorrect information.

Poor service - Promised to call back but never did.

Admitted their valuation price information was incorrect, but unable to fix, and not intend to address the problem.
When I placed the ad for a Lexus RX450H 2013, the private sale price indicated 36,000 to to 39,000, However, when you do a valuation from their valuation page, it only values 29,300 to 32,400. It is a big gap for the buyers and seller's expectation. I don't think the understand their problem.

Too expensive for this kind of service. Not worth the money.

Al Ro

Al RoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible do not trust them if you are private seller (0) never trust them they will hide your add

Never trust them they will hide your add.
They charged lots of $$$ for advertising but after 2 weeks they started moving my add down the list.
When you search my car as buyer and sort the list from low price to high you will be surprised that they put the higher prices above yours and you will be at the end of list even your price is lower....
I will sue them and take them to media for hiding me paid advertisement.

Carsales cost us $2000!!! Manager wont call & offered $88 compensation! Worst service EVER!

Johhny

Johhny

Bad communication

My car ad was removed by ODO I sent in pics of odometer and service books however my ad was not reinstated. I tried to call however was advised late was at lunch. I called back and was advised he was on the phone they refused to allow me to hold for some reason ?? I have sold a few cars on car sales but will not use them again after this very disappointing experience.

Cam

CamSydney

It’s impossible to sell a new car privately

Carsales has allowed car dealers to take over this segment of the market on carsales. Even paying the extra that carsales says will help is a total waste of money. Carsales and car dealers are in bed together and anyone else trying to sell a new car on this site can forget it.
THE BUYER WILL NEVER FIND YOUR CAR AS ITS AT THE BITTOM IF IT SHOWS AT ALL

Cam

CamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero customer service and after service support

MelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not Happy Carsales!

I was not happy with my experience and first time using carsales because of abusive texts from buyers.
Other sellers bringing the price on their ad down well below the range set from redbook and drive.com.au.

Kane

KaneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TOO EXPENSIVE! $350 and 5 months With no result! But sold free on market place in 4 days.

Gary

GaryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Outdated website

I hate the fact I can't delete old messages and have to keep digging through these to find latest responses. I mean seriously how hard would it be to have a delete message option. The search on this site is also a joke. I am looking for a range rover so you would think an ad with the words "Range Rover" would display but with this site, you have to be specific for example "Range rover sport" The site is very outdated and extremely frustrating.

Low response

Responses:
Facebook 38
Gumtree 16
Carsales 4

Same add except Facebook and gumtree are for free and carsale cost $60. What a waste of money. Highly don’t recommend it

Kylie M.asked

Might be a dumb question but how do you mark your car as sold on your ad? I only have an option to pause the ad

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Kylie, not a silly question at all! We're actually looking to improve this function. Just under the 'pause ad' button you'll see 'remove ad', hit that then follow the prompts to remove your ad. If you have any trouble, give us a bell on 13 72 53 (13 SALE). -Alex

sorry I meant 'on hold'

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Kylie, To put your ad on hold click 'pause ad'. See the link below for more details.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. -Alex

Jacqueline Salmeron

Jacqueline Salmeronasked

If a car is put on hold how can you contact the seller if the option of sending them a message isn’t available?

Evangeline Deza

In my case I called/rang the seller and thankfully She answered it and there's a phone/mobile nos. that She provided anyway .

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Jacqueline, if a seller has put their ad on hold you wont be able to contact them unless you their number or messaged them before the ad was put on hold. If you have the ad saved and they remove the hold you'll get a notification. -Alex

milica p.

milica p.asked

How do a message a seller that has place a car on hold ?

Evangeline Deza

Well as for me , you either ask him/her to message you back if that person did not fulfill/buy that car ! Its up to the seller anyway !

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Milica and Evangeline, if a seller has put their ad on hold, it could be for a variety of reasons. You will only be able to contact them if you've previously messaged them (before the ad was put on hold) or obtained their phone number when the ad was live. If you're interested in the car, we'd suggest keeping the ad saved as you'll get an alert if it's taken off hold and advertised again. It's possible the car has been sold and the seller has stopped the ad for the moment while they ensure the sale if final. -Alex

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives