Carsales.com.au

Carsales.com.au (page 2 of 26)

DavidM

DavidMSydney, NSW

Didn't get the price it was supposed to be worth

Your website said it was worth a lot more than it apparently was for buyers. I advertised it then had to repeatedly pay to highlight it and it took me weeks longer than it should have to sell. Not particularly happy with the customer service I received either since during the sell time the car price was dropped but kept showing in searches as the original higher price and when I rang your customer service section couldn't give a toss.

simmo

simmoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

good selling platform

good selling platform, just watch out for the ever present scammers and halfwits that seem to be present everywhere.
sold the car relatively quickly to a nice young couple from the country

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Thanks Simmo! It sounds like you found some great buyers - The safety and security of our site always remains a top concern and we're constantly working on this. I hope we can help you out again in the future :)

solutionist

solutionistGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing experience. Was it the car or Carsales? I dunno.

Very few serious buyers, despite dropping price substantially below confirmed market value. In the past Carsales has worked very well for me and I've given it good scores. Markets change. I'll use other forms of advertising next time in addition to using Carsales.

Find out how Carsales.com.au compares to other Online Vehicle Sales Sites

2.5 stars Beware of scammers. Carsales support or activity on this front is non-existent.

Mick
Mick
Sam

SamCanberra

Way too expensive only got a couple of enquiries

$79 for the basic ad in carsales. The weekly reports reckoned I was getting sooooo many search results and detail views and people saving it, strange that none of these people contacted me at all. The only contacts I did get were full blown scams. Prince Akhmed from kazagerkibokistan needed my Mazda to transport his fortune out of Arabia but I needed to ship it to him first..... Ended up selling through Gumtree for free

Daryl C.

Daryl C.Melbourne

It's OK for $68 sign up fee. Average product at best.

It took a really long time to sell the car and several price drops. There was also problems with the messaging system which took me a while to realise before a family member tested it. I contacted car sales but they just asked more questions than trying to fix it. they closed the ticket within 2 days which barely gave me time to respond.

Chose carsales.com.au only because I know they get the most amount of exposure for sales. Got constant ads for instant sales, marketing ploys to upgrade to their premium product.

Rated it 3 only because I managed to get a decent buyer after the ad being up for just over 5 months.

War of Attrition

Long process.Lot of false leads,but eventually sold.On the positive side,Carsales made the ad set up easy.Took a while to find the market price.The fact that we sold it through Carsales meant it was better than alternatives

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review OliP. We’re always looking to improve our products and services and your feedback goes a long way in helping us achieve this. I’m glad to hear your ad was successful, congratulations on the sale!

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Lots of FAKE leads but not sure if any better options exist!

I sold the car after about 7mth and multiple ad pack upgrades / showcase expenses.

Lots of 'fake leads'. People who waste your time asking about the car, price and then even organising a time to come and look at the car but most never turn up. Gumtree was 100% worse for cars as lots of banking detail scam messages. Would just sell to the car yard / trade-in next time to save all this hassle and take a little loss.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Easy but lots of tyre kickers

Easy to built an advert and some good tips, down side is no real help to sell vehicle, instant offers under event dealer trade value. Took 6 months to sell car after multiple tyre kickers.

quick sales

i sold a car to dealers. dealers are good, they help me to sell my car easily. but the price is lower than my expectations. it's difficult to find some private buyers on the Carsales.

Well set up, difficult to personalise.

The page is very well set up, provides thorough information and details features of vehicles based on the product at time of release/ first sale, however, this makes it difficult to set a modified vehicle apart from the rest of its kind, the owner written descriptions aren’t displayed without looking for them, and other then photos personalising the information presented to viewers cannot be achieved. Selling a car with $8000 worth of extras/ modifications for $2000 above market price was enough to prevent Carsales viewers from Enquiring, hence I was able to obtain three to five times more Enquiries from other platforms resulting in the sale.

mark

markyagoona

dont let cars be free under $5,000

i am a motor dealer and i have noticed since carsales let private buyers sell for free under $5000 it has caused damage for car dealers with private buyers selling there cars for much cheaper than what their worth
Please try to fix this to cars are sold at there car value.

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Instant offers are a Joke!!!

Been using this site for years now and always manage to sell my cars thru it, The only thing It will stop me from using them again is the absolutely ridiculous instant offers, the first instant offer they send me was for $8700 the following one $7700 and they have expire dates too!!! I sold my car for $12800 privately.... And I had another 3 people interested and disappointed that they couldn't get it for the same amount..
Pirates trying to take advantage of people in need..

cpcreedy

cpcreedyGippsland, VIC

Not worth the price

Paid $68 to post an advert for my 2013 Dodge Journey. Priced it to sell at $2k less than any other 2013 on the site. Also put the advert on Gumtree for free.

1 message on carsales and over 10 on gumtree over the next week until it sold via Gumtree.

$68 wasted in my opinion

In saying that i like using carsales for buying.

Probably the de-facto way of selling a car, but beware! Dealers see a lot more than you!!

Tony

TonyAdelaide

Car Sold but no thanks to Carsales

The site is geared too much towards Dealers, on private ads there is a link for "similar cars on dealer ads", but on dealer ads you have no such link for similar cars on private ads. Too me that is unethical, as the site should be neutral, it should not matter if it is dealer or private ad, all ads should be equal. Also I purchased a premium ad and still my car ended up a couple pages down, all ads in front were dealer ads, even ads that have been on longer than my car.
Any way my car sold

Thomas

ThomasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It is acaeptable

Too many dodgy dealers make low ball offers and make dodgy phone calls. Very hard to find a genuine buyer.
The price you set... no one takes it seriously. Also when you are looking for a car people do not follow the law and do not provide RWC. They even get angry sometime how dare you... Asking RWC?????? It is illegal and this site should only accept ads if the seller provides the RWC!!!!

Such a rip off

Well, I guess the most expensive car selling website in the world gor car dealers.
This happens only in Australia because lack of competition:
As a dealer if you want to sell a car you must:
1- pay $580 for subscription
2- pay $450/month to keep your account
3- pay $200 per car per 4 weeks, meaning if not sold in 4 weeks you need to pay another $200

So yes carsales is great website only for private buyer/sellers

Cruzing home.

Cruzing home.Northeast, VIC

New Users -more support could save time -

The tools and extras for sellers were useful, once we got onto them. Initial advice providing tips and 'how to's/a guide for new users would have helped us work out what we needed to access from the site, and potentially helped find our buyer sooner. We had very little activity or responses for several months -is this usual? How would we know? Got desperate and had to pay for premium service to boost post to get result. Got there in the end though.(three months later and $2,000 less than car value).

too expensive and complex, but does work

The price guide was wrong which wasted a week, the phone privacy was an unwelcome hindrance and the advert was very expensive but it did sell,

Kylie M.asked

Might be a dumb question but how do you mark your car as sold on your ad? I only have an option to pause the ad

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Kylie, not a silly question at all! We're actually looking to improve this function. Just under the 'pause ad' button you'll see 'remove ad', hit that then follow the prompts to remove your ad. If you have any trouble, give us a bell on 13 72 53 (13 SALE). -Alex

sorry I meant 'on hold'

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Kylie, To put your ad on hold click 'pause ad'. See the link below for more details.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. -Alex

Jacqueline Salmeron

Jacqueline Salmeronasked

If a car is put on hold how can you contact the seller if the option of sending them a message isn’t available?

Evangeline Deza

In my case I called/rang the seller and thankfully She answered it and there's a phone/mobile nos. that She provided anyway .

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Jacqueline, if a seller has put their ad on hold you wont be able to contact them unless you their number or messaged them before the ad was put on hold. If you have the ad saved and they remove the hold you'll get a notification. -Alex

milica p.

milica p.asked

How do a message a seller that has place a car on hold ?

Evangeline Deza

Well as for me , you either ask him/her to message you back if that person did not fulfill/buy that car ! Its up to the seller anyway !

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Milica and Evangeline, if a seller has put their ad on hold, it could be for a variety of reasons. You will only be able to contact them if you've previously messaged them (before the ad was put on hold) or obtained their phone number when the ad was live. If you're interested in the car, we'd suggest keeping the ad saved as you'll get an alert if it's taken off hold and advertised again. It's possible the car has been sold and the seller has stopped the ad for the moment while they ensure the sale if final. -Alex

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives